• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cooking up a Great Story! (492)

TeddiUrsa

Is there an Internet-Joke about the subbed episode I did miss?

Because the sub seems very random ^^;

Oh, ehh,...the episode wasn´t that bad actually. It had its cute moments and I liked the Raichu at the end. I totally forgot about this episode because it didn´t interest me at all which may be the reason I didn´t found it so bad.
My expections were very,very low ^^

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
well, it was taken down, so for those who missed it, it wasn't the sub of this episode. However, it wasn't my parody sub, neither. XD

Yeah, I contributed my script a bit late and they said they wouldn't be able to finish it by April 1st. So, they decided to release a School Rumble episode under a false title... no idea why they decided to label it as an episode 24 sub, as I honestly think more people were looking forward to me doing another parody, and thus the higher likelihood of April Fooling everybody (hell, I outright suggested to them that they label it as the parody). Fear not, though. The true parody shall be released soon. April Fool's is over, so you can take my word for it (for the record, no, I did not parodize this episode).

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
Saw this in motion, and overall it was cute, and ok. Most of the episode was meh, but I loved the moments where Pikachu touched his tail on his head. That was cute, it was even cuter when Sugar did it.

I was disappointed of the battle, they could of made this episode a bit more dramatic between Ash and Pikachu. The battle lasted barely about 30 to 45 seconds to me. And the title did not really go well enough to be called Showdown! Ash Vs Pikachu since they barely were against each other. More this episode should be called, "Being Sugar for a Day" or "Sweet sweet Sugar" (Ok they sound corny, but yeah)

But what it did not made a total waste was Raichu showing up! I had a bad weekend, and seeing Raichu put me a smile, since he kicked ***, and ruled the ending. And damn, it was strong little critter. I'm hoping for more Raichu appearances in the future, it not showcased enough, and one day I want to see another Pikachu vs. Raichu battle. I believe it has been about 5 years since Raichu last appeared.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. Croagunk hitting Brock with Poison Jab never gets old. It was funny whenever Pikachu scratched his head with his tail. It really got exciting, IMO, when Ash had to battle his own Pikachu. It was predictable that Abigail would know that it was really Ash’s Pikachu. It was great to see Sugar return. It was cool when Sugar broke through the TR mecha.

I so expected the Raichu coming even I didn't know before.

Watching this episode looked so awesome on my new TV...

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
This was a pretty decent episode, but Focus Punch spam tarnished it. It was nice seeing Raichu, but, what's this? No new Pokemon?! Le gasp! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
Hmm. So Poffin is the next episode? Finnally!

TR was talking about making Pokeblock. I guess that makes sense, they don't know what Poffin is yet...

Sugar learned Focus Punch to open the berries...Wouldn't Focus Punch splatter the jucies everywhere by crushing the berry itself? I mean, Raichu has some big hands compared to berries...

So Sugar is definately a male. The Bidoof ep proved the anime uses Gender Differences, and Granny didn't react to Pikachu having a non-heart shaped tail, and Sugar itself had a full thunderbolt on its tail instead of thre cut design.

It was an ok episode, seemed like old times for some reason. Team Rocket being crazy like normal. What confuses me is why Dawn got to read the title, I mean it seemed more like an Ash episode to me. Well anyways I give it a 9/9 anyways.

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
I Actually Enjoyed this episode

Medea

Excalibur
Finally, I see this episode and...Meh!

Yeah, but it was a cute episode nonetheless! You just couldn't help but feel sorry for Abigail. Thank God she wasn't so oblivious about Pikachu belonging to Ash. And also, great to see Raichu again. Alls well that ends well and all that jazz!

uber gon

Accept Change
Hmm. So Poffin is the next episode? Finnally!

TR was talking about making Pokeblock. I guess that makes sense, they don't know what Poffin is yet...

Sugar learned Focus Punch to open the berries...Wouldn't Focus Punch splatter the jucies everywhere by crushing the berry itself? I mean, Raichu has some big hands compared to berries...

So Sugar is definately a male. The Bidoof ep proved the anime uses Gender Differences, and Granny didn't react to Pikachu having a non-heart shaped tail, and Sugar itself had a full thunderbolt on its tail instead of thre cut design.

Sugar must've learned to control the intensity of his punches.

uber gon

Accept Change
I thought the best part was when Raichu came out.

I liked the usage of FOCUS PUNCH, but I thought they'd showcase some of the other D/P attacks like FOCUS BLAST.

Rebeccag

This episode was ok I guess. It was good to see a Raichu again but I felt sorry for Abilgal though when she though Ashs Pikachu was Sugar. I also enjoyed Team Rocket in this episode but I thought the battle between Ash and Pikachu was a little strange

DieChavsDie

Firstly, isnt the title "Cooking up a SWEET Story"?

Anywho, this episode (of the 2 DP Eps Ive watched) wasnt very good. It as all quite corny and predictable and it felt like the writers were going too much for the "awww" factor.

At least I understand now where Staravia got brain damaged ;) I honestly think Staravia should be strong enough to get through a TR MECHA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

And Raichu was predictable, as was Focus Punch. Admitedly though, Raichu pummeling the Mecha was rather intense and cool (for that episode at least. If that had been in a better episode, it would be LAME).

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
This episode is cool, well, the part when Sugar(Pikachu) evolved into Raichu in the end. I don't know if the gender is female, because Pikachus have differences in the gender and so is Raichu too.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I really enjoyed this episode. It was nice that the girl was trying to make her aunt feel better by passing off Ash's Pikachu as her aunt's because her aunt's had gone missing. At least Pikachu was a willing sport about the whole thing, and the episode had a happy ending. It was a change from the usual story at least. It's also interesting that Team Rocket mentioned about making pokeblock since they hadn't introduced poffins into the show yet.