• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cool Aspect of Anime Not Incorporated in D/P

PearlDex

I don't watch the pokemon anime, but I clicked on the synopsis for one of the upcoming episodes and it mentioned that there are battles within the contests. I think this is a cool idea, as part of an appeal. Like, not only do your attacks have to be appealing to the audience, but they have to be strong enough to attack your opposing contestants. It would make the JAM aspect of contests more interesting if you could use Protect, etc. and completely nullify the opponents appeal/attack.

PearlDex

I know, right in the title I said it didn't make it into D/P.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
While it is a good thought and it adds an extra challenge to contests, what would happen if you lose the battle? would your pokemon be fainted or be back to perfect health afterwards?

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
I think I'd rather beat some punk trainer then make my pokemon dance like an old west stsnd-off.

pokemonster2191

turtles=pwnage
i think they were trying to add a new objective besides battling to pokemon. i think its fine the way it is.

Pokemaníaco Desesperado

Normal Coordinator
They day I buy a pokémon game whose contests have battles, I'll break the cratridge.
If you wanna battle, look for a f*cking battle with a trainer!! Contests are for people who want to use their pokémon outside of battles where a weak pokémon can win against a stronger one, not a branch of the battle monopoly!

Dark Light

Beginning Trainer
I would like battles in contests. But the video game equivilent to a battle would be where the pokemon sit in front of the judge and attack (unfortunately)