• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Coolest Animal?

Swampert is my Homeboy

Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma
You can say any animal, still alive or extinct. That being said I would probably have to say the Spinosaurus is the coolest because it has that huge crocodile like head, Huge fin on its back, and it has really big claws on its hands. It Is definetely one of the coolest animals to have ever lived!!

What do you think is the coolest animal?

Zekrom_Lover

Cheese puffzzz
The rare Pokemon Squirrel.... xD

GalladeX

Alpheidae.

Wikipedia said:
The snapping shrimp competes with much larger animals like the Sperm Whale and Beluga Whale for the title of 'loudest animal in the sea'. The animal snaps a specialized claw shut to create a cavitation bubble that generates acoustic pressures of up to 80 kPa at a distance of 4 cm from the claw. As it extends out from the claw, the bubble reaches speeds of 60 miles per hour (97 km/h) and releases a sound reaching 218 decibels.[8] The pressure is strong enough to kill small fish.[9] It corresponds to a zero to peak pressure level of 218 decibels relative to one micropascal (dB re 1 μPa), equivalent to a zero to peak source level of 190 dB re 1 μPa at the standard reference distance of 1 m. Au and Banks measured peak to peak source levels between 185 and 190 dB re 1 μPa at 1 m, depending on the size of the claw.[10] Similar values are reported by Ferguson and Cleary.[11] The duration of the click is less than 1 millisecond.
The snap can also produce sonoluminescence from the collapsing cavitation bubble. As it collapses, the cavitation bubble reaches temperatures of over 5,000 K (4,700 °C).[12] In comparison, the surface temperature of the sun is estimated to be around 5,800 K (5,500 °C). The light is of lower intensity than the light produced by typical sonoluminescence and is not visible to the naked eye. It is most likely a by-product of the shock wave with no biological significance. However, it was the first known instance of an animal producing light by this effect. It has subsequently been discovered that another group of crustaceans, the mantis shrimp, contains species whose club-like forelimbs can strike so quickly and with such force as to induce sonoluminescent cavitation bubbles upon impact.[13]

TeamRocketGrunt

WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo
Don't say I'm weird for saying this.
The platypus.
THEY'RE BILLED WEB-FOOTED AQUATIC EGG-LAYING MAMMALS FOR COD!

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Penguins. They slide on there bellies on ice and can live in the water for about a day. They do karate!(lol, jk)

Dattebayo

Banned
Tyrannosaurus Rex.

/thread

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
[img139]http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com/ArchOLD-7/1189510012.jpg[/img139]

Let's talk about the Arthropleura.

My main man Arthur was the great grandpa of the centipedes and the millipedes. And when I say the, I mean that one that they can never shut up about because he was so damn awesome.

He was always at least a foot long, and only on a bad day. On a good day he could grow up to eight and a half feet. He was a fast bugger, and bulky too.

Upon his introduction, he instantly dominated the Viséan metagame. He was a major force until midway through the Cisuralian metagame, and had no reliable predators counters. Checks were also few and far in between. Because of his powerful jaws, ability to swim, and spore-spreading abilities, he had quite a bit of a movepool. In addition to the standard bug fare he had access to Spore, Waterfall, Crunch, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, and Ice Fang. Rumor has it that it could learn Poison Fang and Growth too, but no one's sure on that.

The other dinosaurs were sick and totally jealous of his metagame dominating, and worked together to make something that they could beat easily, but could reliably counter Arthur. So they made Droughtasaurus, who could counter Arthur perfectly. Because of this, Arthur's usage declined in the Guadalupian metagame, and he was Rarely Used until the Triassic Reboot.

Basically he was such a freaking badass that they had to make something to beat him. And that's why Arthropleura is the coolest animal ever.

Felines! of any kind they are amazing, My favorite is the Tiger.

[img139]http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com/ArchOLD-7/1189510012.jpg[/img139]

Let's talk about the Arthropleura.

My main man Arthur was the great grandpa of the centipedes and the millipedes. And when I say the, I mean that one that they can never shut up about because he was so damn awesome.

He was always at least a foot long, and only on a bad day. On a good day he could grow up to eight and a half feet. He was a fast bugger, and bulky too.

Upon his introduction, he instantly dominated the Viséan metagame. He was a major force until midway through the Cisuralian metagame, and had no reliable predators counters. Checks were also few and far in between. Because of his powerful jaws, ability to swim, and spore-spreading abilities, he had quite a bit of a movepool. In addition to the standard bug fare he had access to Spore, Waterfall, Crunch, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, and Ice Fang. Rumor has it that it could learn Poison Fang and Growth too, but no one's sure on that.

The other dinosaurs were sick and totally jealous of his metagame dominating, and worked together to make something that they could beat easily, but could reliably counter Arthur. So they made Droughtasaurus, who could counter Arthur perfectly. Because of this, Arthur's usage declined in the Guadalupian metagame, and he was Rarely Used until the Triassic Reboot.

Basically he was such a freaking badass that they had to make something to beat him. And that's why Arthropleura is the coolest animal ever.
QC APPROVED 1/3
[img139]http://www.smogon.com/media/contrib/contrib_qc.png[/img139]

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Tirtouga Turtles or IMMA GONNA HATE.

Anomalocaris.
I just love that animal. I only saw one real fossil of it once. It's pretty awesome to see the remains of your favorite animal that died out over half a billion years ago right before your eyes.