• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Coolest Evil Team

Coolest Evil Team

• Team Rocket

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Team Magma

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Team Aqua

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Team Galactic

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

RagTag

Shroomin'
I voted Team Rocket but what about Team Meanies or team Go Rock

Aaron_fan

I never found Team Rocket that interesting. I mean, okay, they wanted money, they killed Pokemon and hacked off the tails of Slowpoke, hijacked a radio station and took over a company and lasted two regions, and in the anime they supposedly captured Rayquaza, and sure, Domino, the Iron Mask Marauder, and the two Rocket agents from the Raikou special are cool and fancy and all, but...I don't know...they just didn't really do anything new for me. Just because they were the original gang doesn't make them instant win. Keep in mind that I haven't played the original games in a long, long time, so I don't remember much.

Team Magma and Aqua had cool uniforms, but really kind of...naive goals. They never really seemed to stop and think, "well, let's see, if I boil away the water/drown the land, how is anything going to live?" Maybe they just didn't care, or were too blinded by their ambitions, but what I don't get the most is how Maxie and Archie even got people to FOLLOW their false noble beliefs of flooding the planet or ridding the world of the most precious source of life. It just...how easily influence are the citizens of their world? As with my blabber about Team Rocket, I must admit that I didn't play the Hoenn-based games for very long, so I might have, I dunno, missed something that could have changed my judgment.

Now, Team Galactic...I absolutely love them. Every member has some sort of personality, even the grunts (for what little lines they have), and they're just plain flat-out eccentric. Plus, what really got me, was that throughout the game there was actual development within the Team itself. Commander Saturn's complete character turn around is the best example of this I can give - he went from ruthlessly defending the Team and proudly stating the Galactic credo, to voicing his hesitation and lack of understanding about Cyrus' actions, and at the end he finally took control of the Team and contemplated what direction to take it in, leaning towards a more benevolent.....cult. Plus, before the events at Spear Pillar, some of the grunts began to question their obedience to Cyrus.
Oh. Yes, and kudos, Galactic, for not completely giving up, turning "good," trashing your extremism and skipping down the path of harmonious enlightenment. Note the quotations around good. I actually think that if done right, Cyrus' plan would have been beneficial to the world, but he was a tad insane with it. I mean, sometimes I want the older Teams to come back just to see how they would have been handled, given this sudden bout of characterization to practically everyone you ta---

Wait. Were we supposed to give our opinions on each of the Teams, or did you just want us to rank them, most favorite to least?

Last edited:

XSilverStarboyX

This topic should really be called "Who's the eviliest terrorist organization?".
yea except we are talking about the pokemon handheld games not real life terrorist orginizations;152;

I never found Team Rocket that interesting. I mean, okay, they wanted money, they killed Pokemon and hacked off the tails of Slowpoke, hijacked a radio station and took over a company and lasted two regions, and in the anime they supposedly captured Rayquaza, and sure, Domino, the Iron Mask Marauder, and the two Rocket agents from the Raikou special are cool and fancy and all, but...I don't know...they just didn't really do anything new for me. Just because they were the original gang doesn't make them instant win.

Team Magma and Aqua had cool uniforms, but really kind of...naive goals. They never really seemed to stop and think, "well, let's see, if I boil away the water/drown the land, how is anything going to live?" Maybe they just didn't care, or were too blinded by their ambitions, but what I don't get the most is how Maxie and Archie even got people to FOLLOW their false noble beliefs of flooding the planet or ridding the world of the most precious source of life. It just...how easily influence are the citizens of their world? Though I must admit that I didn't play the Hoenn-based games for very long, so I might have, I dunno, missed something that could have changed my judgment.

Now, Team Galactic...I absolutely love them. Every member has some sort of personality, even the grunts (for what little lines they have), and they're just plain flat-out eccentric. Plus, what really got me, was that throughout the game there was actual development within the Team itself. Commander Saturn's complete character turn around is the best example of this I can give - he went from ruthlessly defending the Team and proudly stating the Galactic credo, to voicing his hesitation and lack of understanding about Cyrus' actions, and at the end he finally took control of the Team and contemplated what direction to take it in, leaning towards a more benevolent.....cult. Plus, before the events at Spear Pillar, some of the grunts began to question their obedience to Cyrus.

Oh. Yes, and kudos, Galactic, for not completely giving up, turning "good," trashing your extremism and skipping down the path of harmonious enlightenment. Note the quotations around good. I actually think that if done right, Cyrus' plan would have been beneficial to the world, but he was a tad insane with it. I mean, sometimes I want the older Teams to come back just to see how they would have been handled, given this sudden bout of characterization to practically everyone you ta---

Wait. Were we supposed to give our opinions on each of the Teams, or did you just want us to rank them, most favorite to least?

No but I liked what you posted. And based on that, it looks like Team Rocket never truly understood what they were really doing was wrong;152;

Last edited:

Normalize

I know none of these are big teams but what about team meanies or go-rock squad! Also, it the old team rocket in Kanto and the New Team Rocket in Johto unless you go by anime.

Profesco

gone gently
Teams Magma and Aqua were excellent. So is Team Galactic. They're all very maniacal in their various nefarious plots, and that's awesome.

But Team Rocket was the best. Their crime syndicate was the most organized and realistic. They actually had an effect on the people of Kanto and Johto. When they took over a building, it was a big deal, and the games were able to express the seriousness of their actions through the game screen. When you encounter Giovanni at the top of the Silph organization, the tension is palpable. That's because Team Rocket's deeds were weighted with realism, and that made them feel like a real threat.

mangaeyes

I thought that the Team Aqua/Magma was a clever idea in gen 3. I like them in game but in the anime il have to say team rocket of corse.