• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

cooljolteon's Omega Ruby team C

cooljolteon

user of anything
This is for another digital copy of Omega Ruby. Yes, I have two 3DS systems.

Don't suggest breeding unless there's a good egg move. Then I can make babies in my X version for a shiny.

Shiftry @ ???
Early Bird
I'd like Timid [+Spd/-Atk] or Modest [+SpAtk/-Atk]
252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
-Leaf Storm
-Dark Pulse
-Focus Blast
-Nasty Plot

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Blaze/Speed Boost
Whatever Nature the game gives me
252 Atk, 252 Spd
-Flare Blitz
-Sky Uppercut
-Brave Bird
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide/???

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Huge Power
I'd like Adamant [+Atk/-SpAtk], but this thing is rare
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
-Waterfall
-Play Rough
-Superpower/Brick Break/???
-Double-Edge/Return

Salamence @ Salamencite
Intimidate/Aerilate
??? [+Atk/-SpDef]
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Def
-Dragon Claw
-Fly (story)/Double-Edge/Giga Impact
-Hydro Pump
-Flamethrower

Dusknoir @ ???
Pressure
Adamant [+Atk/-SpAtk] or... ???
252 Atk, 152 Def, 104 SpDef
-Shadow Punch
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch
-Earthquake

Zangoose @ ???
Immunity
Adamant [+Atk/-SpAtk], Jolly [+Spd/-SpAtk] or Lonely [+Atk/-Def]
252 Atk, 252 Spd
-Crush Claw
-Close Combat
-Poison Jab
-X-Scissor

Please leave comments and/or suggestions below.

Last edited:

ryanthehuman

Blaziken
-Flare Blitz/Blaze Kick
-High Jump Kick/Sky Uppercut
-Brave Bird/Rock Slide/Stone Edge/Shadow Claw
-Swords Dance

The STAB moves depends on how you feel about recoil. Flare Blitz and HJK hit a lot harder but can be devastating in the long run, especially if HJK misses. Blaze Kick and Sky Uppercut provide less powerful, more reliable alternatives. The third slot is up to you. All of the moves have pretty good synergy with Blaziken's Fighting- STAB, so it's up to preference, really. Swords Dance can be used to power up the other moves, but you could use a fourth attacking move here if you preferred.

Shiftry (Chlorophyl)
-Nasty Plot
-Energy Ball/Leaf Storm
-Dark Pulse
-Extrasensory/Focus Blast/Nature Power/Leaf Storm

Shiftry has better Special STABs and once boosted by Nasty Plot becomes quite formidable, so you're probably better off running a fully Special set.

Zangoose
-Return
-Close Combat
-Rock Slide/Shadow Claw
-Swords Dance

Return is superior to Crush Claw since it packs a bigger punch and is more accurate. Rock Slide/Shadow Claw also supply better coverage than Poison Jab/Night Slash would, and Swords Dance can be used to boost it's Attack further. You could opt for another attacking move here, whichever you don't use in the third slot or X-Scissor/Poison Jab would suffice.

Salamence
-Dragon Claw/Outrage
-Flamethrower
-Hydro Pump
-Earthquake/Fly

If you're willing to breed for Hydro Pump then I would suggest a mixed set on Salamence, otherwise:

Salamence
-Dragon Claw/Outrage
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge
-Fire Blast/Crunch/Fly

Dusknoir
-Shadow Sneak
-Pain Split/Will-o-Wisp
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch

Again, if you're willing to breed then use Pain Split. Will-o-Wisp works well if you don't want to though.

Your Azumarill is fine. If Ice Punch comes back as a tutor move then use that over the Return/Double Edge though.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
hi, just a quick tip, your format is kinda hard to read, maybe you should take a look at tsumiki's rmt and steal that format :)

for an ingame team dusknoir is really poopy, so use something like gengar.

gengar @life orb
timid nature
levitate
- shadow ball
- focus miss
- thunderbolt
- sludge bomb

also i can tell you're kinda new to this game, huh, seeing as you put giga impact on salamence. if you ever need any help hit me up bro :)

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
Two of your team members are weak to the fairy type. I don't think any of them resist it. I think this team could use more type coverage, though it does look pretty solid for an in-game team.

cooljolteon

user of anything
@Aura Sensei

#1: Please tell me what's so hard to read about my format.
#2: When was the last time you saw a Gengar in Hoenn?
#3: No, I am not new to the game. I've played every main-series game, from Red/Blue to X/Y. Also, I put Giga Impact on Salamence as an option to take advantage of Mega Salamence's Aerilate. Remember, as long as you KO the opponent, you can always switch out in-game. I don't particularly like using recoil moves when they can be replaced with something better. Other than Double-Edge, Salamence basically has Return and Giga Impact for Normal-Type attacks. I don't like using Return due to it's variable power.

I can't think of anything else to spout, other than don't criticize someone's familiarity with something unless you know them or they've said that they are new. This may sound silly, but I was slightly offended by your statement.

Don't reply to this (anyone) - I don't want to start an argument. I'm simply stating the problems I had with Aura Sensei's post.

Last edited:

Navarch

#3: No, I am not new to the game. I've played every main-series game, from Red/Blue to X/Y. Also, I put Giga Impact on Salamence as an option to take advantage of Mega Salamence's Aerilate. Remember, as long as you KO the opponent, you can always switch out in-game. I don't particularly like using recoil moves when they can be replaced with something better. Other than Double-Edge, Salamence basically has Return and Giga Impact for Normal-Type attacks. I don't like using Return due to it's variable power.

I can't think of anything else to spout, other than don't criticize someone's familiarity with something unless you know them or they've said that they are new. This may sound silly, but I was slightly offended by your statement.

Don't reply to this (anyone) - I don't want to start an argument. I'm simply stating the problems I had with Aura Sensei's post.

Maybe they just didn't think about Aerilate? It was probably a misunderstanding/brain fart. I wouldn't take it personally, mistakes happen.

Oops, I replied.

Anyway,

I'd think about replacing Shiftry with Roserade, as that covers your Fairy weakness.

Roserade @ ???
Natural Cure
Timid/Modest
252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
-Giga Drain/Energy Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Dazzling Gleam
-Leech Seed/Stun Spore/Toxic

Also, maybe replace Dusknoir with Aggron? It would cover Flying and Psychic weaknesses.

Aggron @ ???
Sturdy
Adamant
252 Atk, 252 HP
-Iron Head
- Ice/Fire/Thunder Punch
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
Shiftry @ ???
Early Bird
I'd like Timid [+Spd/-Atk] or Modest [+SpAtk/-Atk]
252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
-Leaf Storm
-Dark Pulse
-Focus Blast
-Nasty Plot
Timid is preferred on a Offense boosting Pokemon in general. Nasty Plot is already giving you a 200% stat boost which makes a beneficial nature's 10% boost fairly redundant.

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Blaze/Speed Boost
Whatever Nature the game gives me
252 Atk, 252 Spd
-Flare Blitz
-Sky Uppercut
-Overheat
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide/Thunderpunch
As cool as Brave Bird it, Blaziken doesn't really need the coverage it provides. Overheat is nice to have as it allows Blaziken to play around the more Physically defensive Pokemon. It's also nice because the rest of Blaziken's moveset being what it is means that Overheat's side effect is more or less nulled. Thunderpunch is nice to have for you last move as it covers most of Blaziken's weaknesses but it may not be accessible, in which case Rock STAB is the next best option.