• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cores of X and Y

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I don't know how to do the .gif stuff yet, so apologies for no pictures :(

Aegislash-Sitrus Berry
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 234 HP/ 200 Def/ Sp. Def. 76
Relaxed Nature
King's Shield
Iron Head
Brick Break
Shadow Ball

Carbink-Chesto Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/ 170 Def /88 Sp. def
Bold Nature
Toxic
Rest
Stealth Rock
Power Gem

Gastrodon-Sitrus Berry/Leftovers (depending on if item clause or no)
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252HP/ 178 Def/ 4 Sp. A /76 Sp. D
Bold Nature
Toxic
Recover
Stockpile
Scald

I've been using this core for awhile, and it's been working real well for me. Basically, get up SR as soon as possible with Carbink and then Toxic if I can. Rest is for a one time quick recovery if I don't have a cleric on my team, and Power Gem hits things like M-Charizard and Talonflame nicely. Ex.
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Carbink: 36-42 (22.9 - 26.7%) -- 37.9% chance to 4HKO (Flare Blitz is the same)
While:
0 SpA Carbink Power Gem vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 144-172 (93.5 - 111.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Gastrodon is there as a mini tank with Stockpile, and to sponge Steel and Water type moves for Carbink. Scald is there so it's not taunt fodder, and to possibly get a burn on Pokemon that are immune to Toxic. Recover is...Recover. I've found that Sitrus + Stockpile works better for me than Leftovers, because it gives an instant 25% recovery, and once you hit +2 with Stockpile, all you need to worry about are Grass type moves and Crits, which Leftovers wouldn't help with anyway. Aegislash is really there for one reason: utility. It walls Grass/Poison (which are the two most important types to wall with this core)/Steel/Psychic really well, and is immune to Fighting/Normal. It has BB to remove pesky Screens, and Iron Head for a nice Physical move on Fairies. It also brings Shadow Ball to hit the weak Special side of Physically bulky Pokemon for good amount of damage too.
The main problems I've seen with this are Unnerve and Greninja due to the high Sp.A and plethora of STAB. Also, Knock off can be really annoying for all 3, as Aegislash's survivability comes mostly from bulk and its berry, and having your Chesto berry slapped away before resting is never fun. Generally, this core is semi-weak to Special Attackers in general. I generally use the psyenergy the types have with each to counter special attackers, but ones like Greninja outspeed and can hit all 3 Super Effectively.
Hopefully Aegislash will still be allowed in OU so I can continue to use this core. I know that Diancie is infinitely better, but I haven't tested one yet, so a few changes will probably be made.

Last edited:

McDanger

sorry for the delay, updated, we will take doubles cores, just post in the same format as normal cores. The cores i didnt add are either poor examples or are formated poorly and make it difficult to read

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
Like to post a uu core

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- SuperPower

Weezing @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
I found that these two cover a lot of weakness for each other weezing takes care of fairy's absol takes care of psyhics basic threats for these two but with weezings bulk and access to clear smog weezing can very much help out your team with plus one pokes. Absol with his new found mega form can magic bounce a lot of hazards your team does not need on your side plus takes care of metagrooness and jirachis since 6 gen screwed so that they are now weak to dark types but hey gave absol a reason to just sucka punch them away after a plus 1 sword dance. Weezing now takes care of one uu's biggest tank in florges with his typing and and attacks.

Last edited: