1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Discussion in 'Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald' started by Dreamcoat, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreamcoat

Dreamcoat Well-Known Member

The base power of Facade is 70 and when it's secondary effect initiates, the power of Facade is doubled which means 70+70=140, right?

The main question is if I'm right and it means that it's almost like Hyper Beam without the rest or what?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  2. Aidron

Aidron Guest

Yes, it's almost like Hyper Beam, but you have to factor in burn too, which cuts your attack. Then if it's used on a pokemon that has the Guts ability...

If it's just poison or paralysis, then it's not as complex obviously as being burned.

3. eldes

eldes is dead

so if you have a poisoned swellow it's Base Power is going to be 315 i think

4. Kev Chi

Kev Chi Guardian

But doesn't it say that if burn, psn or par, attack power is doubled? That doesn't mean the pokemon's attack power right?

5. Dreamcoat

It means the power of the move which is 70.

Even though I wasn't talking about its power with Guts, you're completely right.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  6. Aidron

Aidron Guest

Speaking of which, since you seem to be fairly decent at math (something I've never been good at), any chance you could tell me what kind of damage my Swellow who has Facade would do if burned and then if it was just paralyzed or poisoned?

Seemed like the move would work to great effect for the lil' bird, so I threw it on there, but I'm not entirely sure of what the base damage would if it had a status effect.

7. Dreamcoat

It'd do the exact same. The power of Facade is doubled when the PKMN is burned AND paralyzed AND poisoned.

8. Aidron

Aidron Guest

Yes, but the burn status still cuts your attack. So that's what, 1.5 taken away, 1.5 added for Guts... 140 base power for Facade...

Hmm, that's probably wrong and now I have a headache. Darn math.

9. WhiteWizard42

WhiteWizard42 Master Breeder

i think burn cuts attack in half. so, a burned swellow using facade has a power of:
    2(facade)*.5(burn)*1.5 (guts)*1.5 (STAB) = 2.25 of it's usual strength on a 70-power attack.

paralyzed or poisoned has 4.5 times the power instead. 2.25*2 = 4.5

10. Aidron

Aidron Guest

Impressive. I guess that settles my indecision on whether I should replace Facade with Return.

11. cameron mathena

cameron mathena Coral Eye Trainer

the best pokemon to use it on is slaking because it has over 300 attack points
    and because the are so bad at getting the seconddary effects of moves
    thunder bolt paralize
    flame thrower burn
    and they have good deffence

12. Dreamcoat

Drat, this can be closed now.

13. The Organizer

The Organizer Banned

IMO i think that even with burn it will still have 140 base attk, and with guts i dont know (i cant do math for beans.)

14. Espeon POWER!

Espeon POWER! Coral Eye Trainer

No you idiot Facade will have a power of 140 put with burn the pokemons stat atk will drop.

15. Aidron

Aidron Guest

You invalidate any point you attempt to make (and your status as a decent human being) by resorting to insults to get your point across. Tisk, tisk.

Secondly, if the pokemon has the Guts ability, Burn creates a level of complexity since Guts ups the attack when affected by a status change, yet Burn cuts attack... the two could cancel one another out or the effect could be something else. I'm not good with the math so I have no idea how this works.

16. Dreamcoat

I said the topic could be closed and I've gotten my answer so let it be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.