• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Correction request to decimal place path for shiny odds on combo page

Markhaos

This may be a tad pedantic but if Serbii editors are going to go into decimal places for shiny odds would they be able to do the correct math for the odds they are promoting as genuine. the way to add concurrent checks of an odd is 1-[(1-1/x)^y] with x being the odds of 4096 and y being the number of checks preformed it seems they just did x/y which is accurate enough for a few checks but the more checks the more skewed away the odds will be.

So I'm just saying that if they are going to use decimal places can they change them to the correct ones please :D here is my math and workings in the image
5sR4ZTU
the blue part is the Serbii displayed results as from page https://www.serebii.net/letsgopikachueevee/shinypokemon.shtml and in the yellow is the correct odds (added extra tables for clarity with fewer decimal places)

PS: while anyone is here can someone show me where the conformation of the mechanic where combos also increase the shiny rate of Pokemon that are not being comboed, cheers :)

Ary

I can’t give any mathematical combination but I will say in my shiny chaining experience I have always got other shinies instead of the one I was combo chaining.
Including a shiny charmander when I chained for ekans then a shiny fearow when I intentionally chained charmander