• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

COTD 4/5/07: Snipe Hunter

Midnite

*Out of Titles*
Since no one else is doing it...today's COTD is Snipe Hunter!

Midnitecanthink?! said:
Snipe Hunter
LV4
Fiend/Effect
Effect: Discard 1 card from your hand. Select 1 card on the field and roll a six-sided die. If the result is not 1 or 6, destroy the selected card.
ATK/1500 DEF/600
Card #: CDIP-EN015 (Common)

Personally this is one of my favorite cards and saved me in games too. Been in my main deck since.(Back then my friends thought this was banned >.<)

o Pros: Discard 1 card 2/3 chance of hitting/destroying the card, automatically destroy Spirit Reaper, Decent attack, field clearer, searchable by Tomato and Sangan, Dead hand is helpful now.
o Cons: Immune to effects, still pretty weak, -1 if effect missed but still destroy Spirit Reaper regardlessly.
o Playability: Gadgets, Breaker Replacer, anything that needs field clearance, random ;)

Trad: 3/5 (He's dark! And field clearance is always required)
Adv: 4/5 (Can lead to game/saver for dead hands)
Art: 4/5 (A fiend sniping a number = awesome)

The Requiem

Wanna?Slash
Something about that 1/3 miss rate is unsexy but his versatility makes up for that a little bit. I'd only really use it in Gadget, Pheonix, and Zombie builds, where you win no matter what the dice says, you just put something in the GY that is GONNA come back. (Not from the discard, but you know Zombies never die and if you dont remove Pheonix she usually ends up rampaging one way or another)

I have to give the guy more cred than I did at first. Not a broken card, but its still not bad at all. Not something to be splashed, but people will splash anything thats decent, look what people are doing with Card Trooper...

Advanced 3/5

It's pretty good. I hate it when it's used against me >.<

UltimateNagash

I am a glow worm...
Love it! Haven't got one yet, but I'm aiming for it. Nice destruction, good ATK value, and is gamble (the only time I gamble is in stuff that doesn't matter, for fun, so I do it only in these kinda games... :D)
4/5 - it can be beaten by Hydrogeddon, and isn't guaranteed. But with three Volcanic Bullets and a couple of Transmigration Prophecy's, you can constantly reuse this effect.
Nice bit of unitentional foreshadowing there, eh? :D

Midnite

*Out of Titles*
Love it! Haven't got one yet, but I'm aiming for it. Nice destruction, good ATK value, and is gamble (the only time I gamble is in stuff that doesn't matter, for fun, so I do it only in these kinda games... :D)
4/5 - it can be beaten by Hydrogeddon, and isn't guaranteed. But with three Volcanic Bullets and a couple of Transmigration Prophecy's, you can constantly reuse this effect.
Nice bit of unitentional foreshadowing there, eh? :D

Don't forget:
o Dump monsters for Snipe Hunter + Removal monsters, Chaos, Gigantes, Fenrir, etc. = Easy summon and destruction ;)
o Dump monsters for Snipy + Pot of Avarice = Easy Draw ;)
o Dump monsters for Snipy + D-Hero Dasher = Free Summon next draw phase ;)
o Dump hand for Snipy + Cybernetic Cyclopean = Destruction and a 2400 beatstick o_O

I tried all these except for removal. This guy has tons of combos ;) that's why he's one of my fav. :D

FireKero!

SWABLR
This card is crazy gangsta. It has so many uses. And it'll become CC as soon as June 1st hits.

It's my favourite card. A great addition to the game. 4/5 in all formats.

Freya

Noam Chompsky
Since no one else is doing it...today's COTD is Snipe Hunter!

Personally this is one of my favorite cards and saved me in games too. Been in my main deck since.(Back then my friends thought this was banned >.<)

o Pros: Discard 1 card 2/3 chance of hitting/destroying the card, automatically destroy Spirit Reaper, Decent attack, field clearer, searchable by Tomato and Sangan, Dead hand is helpful now.
o Cons: Immune to effects, still pretty weak, -1 if effect missed but still destroy Spirit Reaper regardlessly.
o Playability: Gadgets, Breaker Replacer, anything that needs field clearance, random ;)

Trad: 3/5 (He's dark! And field clearance is always required)
Adv: 4/5 (Can lead to game/saver for dead hands)
Art: 4/5 (A fiend sniping a number = awesome)

Im not surprsied of your chioce.

A good card but I wouldnt run it regulary

3.5/5