• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

COTD: Marshmallon

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybermew

A la lune!
A favourite....

Marshamallon
LIGHT
[Fariy/Effect]
The controller of a monster that attacks this face down card takes 1000 damage after damage calculation. This card cannot
by destroyed by battle (damage calculation is applied normally)
Atk: 300 Def:500

This card is a favourite of mine, and ever since I heard of it in Japan, I wanted it, and you can imagine my joy of finding
it was in the Premium Pack. Against anything based on attacking, this card works. Burn is also friends with this card,
as its 1000 damage takes away an eighth of your opponents LP. Imagine in Japan when you could play 3! Sadly, we never
got that privelege, it being restricted upon release, but it is stilkl a brilliant card, and one that tops Reaper,
as a small targeting won't kill this baby.

Adv: 4/5 (A Briliant topdeck, but Darks rule here)
Trad: 5/5 (Chaos FTW!)

Art:5/5 (A giant Marshamllow, whats not to like?)

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
I likey Marshmallows :p

Great card, good for burning, stalling and general screwing with your opponent's brain XD

Adv: 4/5 - With all the OTKs going around destroying things left, right and centre, Marshy isn't going to stay for long, but is still very good at keeping your life-points safe.

Trad: 5/5 - It's a LIGHT monster, nuff said.

Art: 5/5 - It's a marshmallow, and if you've seen it on TV, you know it has teeth...

Freya

Noam Chompsky
Marshmallon said:
Marshamallon
LIGHT
[Fariy/Effect]
The controller of a monster that attacks this face down card takes 1000 damage after damage calculation. This card cannot
by destroyed by battle (damage calculation is applied normally)
Atk: 300 Def:500

Say Good Bye Spirit Reaper! Here is your replacement. Marshmallon is possibly the best physical wall in the game. Not being able to be destroyed by battle is a great advantage over your opponent. The burn is a nice effect also 1000 damage is a nice boost to give yourself to possibly give you that small edge in the game. Though this card does not have that lovely discard effect that Spirit Reaper does, it can actually be affected by Spells Traps and Monsters effects without it being sacrificed,(Im looking at you Ring of Magnetism). Though much like Magician of Faith, the low defense can be your downfall, and since it cant be destroyed, you opponent could have a target to beat on and pick at your life points.

Advanced: 5/5 A good card in any deck.
Traditionak: 5/5 See above, also its Chaos food.
Art: 2/5 It kinda scares me. o_o;

cybermew

A la lune!
Rai? Wasn;t it just me and Freya on COTD? Oh well, you can join too. Freya, PM him the list.

NO MORE PEOPLE. OR MY MARSHMALLONS WILL EAT YOU.

Freya

Noam Chompsky
Rai? Wasn;t it just me and Freya on COTD? Oh well, you can join too. Freya, PM him the list.

NO MORE PEOPLE. OR MY MARSHMALLONS WILL EAT YOU.

Hes fine with what he is doing, hes not giving an indeep FAQ about it, also people would comment on Art Trad and Adv in the previous COTDs. Though if he wants to join in Ill gladly PM the list.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
Didn't know I wasn't supposed to post on a COTD, anyone could before, just a few people actually made them.

If you do need help with Batteryman COTDs, I'm the guy for the job! I've done a lot of analysis on the Batteries :)

Last edited:

Nuetral_RF

best at what he does
Lol. Why are you guys giving him such a high score. He will just get blown away by DAD or Zerato every game. If it was another format, he may deserve 4s, but right now he's no higher than a 3 in a deck that can support him.

Personally right now, I'd prefer Spirit Reaper..I'm seeing Brain Control being played against me more then ever and it's gotten quite annoying.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
Lol. Why are you guys giving him such a high score. He will just get blown away by DAD or Zerato every game. If it was another format, he may deserve 4s, but right now he's no higher than a 3 in a deck that can support him.

Did you read my comment? I did say it'll get destroyed sooner rather then later because of the OTKs i.e. Dark Armed Return, but I was giving my score on overall ability, including the burn damage.

I personally use him because...

1. It's a Marshmallow with teeth.
2. Doesn't have Spirit Reaper's negative effect.
3. It's a Marshmallow with teeth.

I only use it to protect my life-points, if not for a short while.

Imperator_Venit

I don't know how to express myself properly with describing Marshmallon. It's awesome! :D

Adv: 5/5 - No doubt about it for me. Marshmallon is a legend in the Advanced Format for me. :)

Trad: 5/5 - An awesome Light monster. What more could you want? :p

Art: 3/5 - Not the greatest art...but at least it's a Marshmallow! :D

cybermew

A la lune!
GUYS! I really only weanted 3 people doing it, and origianlly just me and Freya. If you wish, open up a 'COTD' discussion, but other than that, vamoose!

Nuetral_RF

best at what he does
Did you read my comment? I did say it'll get destroyed sooner rather then later because of the OTKs i.e. Dark Armed Return, but I was giving my score on overall ability, including the burn damage.

Yes I read your comment, and how does a card that's nearly useless in the current meta deserve a 4? You seem to only look at the card individually, and not recognizing its place in the format.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
Yes I read your comment, and how does a card that's nearly useless in the current meta deserve a 4? You seem to only look at the card individually, and not recognizing its place in the format.

Looking at the card individually, and basing my rating on that card...

Well this is Card of the Day, isn't that what we're supposed to do? Give ratings on individual cards?!

Status
Not open for further replies.