• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

COTD - November 13, 2005: Cold Wave PSV-062

Status
Not open for further replies.

~RaikouRider243~

Lightning Swordsman
COLD WAVE
[Magic Card]

"This card can only be activated at the start of Main Phase 1. Until the start of your next turn, neither player may Set or activate any Magic or Trap cards."

Sets: Pharaoh's Servant (Common PSV-062)

This thing is UBER UNDERRATED. When used correctly, this thing >>>>> trunade. With this thing, the backfield is FROZEN until your next turn. Nothing can enter the backfield, nothing can leave the backfield...nothing can ALTER the backfield in any way. Combine this with Non Aggression Area and it basically says "Take another turn after this one."

This is what people get when they don't look at their commons closely. Some of the best cards are commons. I'm running three of these in my deck right now. It's an awesome card to get early, and an awesome card late. The only drawbacks are that it freezes your backfield too, and it's a horrible topdeck. But I say the great things about this card far outweigh the drawbacks.

If you want to try it out, replace every Dust Tornado in your deck with Cold Wave. 8.5/10.

KirbyXD

Good Night!
I have a bunch of those ( friends thought they sucked) and I have like 2 in my deck. I give it a 8.5/10 too.

The Requiem

Wanna?Slash
3/10.

Its just not that great at all. It would be so much better if it just froze your opponents backfield for a turn, but yours too? That limits what it combos with. Especially seeing as how you cant activate anything before it that wasnt already set. Takes a bit too much setup to be as effective as things like Heavy Storm or Giant Trunade would be. Not to mention the fact that there are about a billion better things to do with the wasted deck space.

[/rant]

~RaikouRider243~

Lightning Swordsman
Orochi Breakwing said:
3/10.

Its just not that great at all. It would be so much better if it just froze your opponents backfield for a turn, but yours too? That limits what it combos with. Especially seeing as how you cant activate anything before it that wasnt already set. Takes a bit too much setup to be as effective as things like Heavy Storm or Giant Trunade would be. Not to mention the fact that there are about a billion better things to do with the wasted deck space.

[/rant]

Right... have you played against my REVISED Warrior yet? This thing runs 3 cold waves and 3 judgments.

The Requiem

Wanna?Slash
Your revised warrior is too big and has too many monsters in it..

Plus, its too reckless-attackish to work well.

Trust me, you'll realize how much youre overrating the card when you see how dead a topdeck it can be. Plus it creates no form of advantage.

Tamer Zack

SPP forgotten member
5/10 actually this is a good card seeing that SOI has 2 Big Baddy's that can be summon with spells and traps.

Status
Not open for further replies.