• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

CotDs in pokemon you'd like to see again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanPi

Write on
Your Favorite COTDs (Characters of the Day)

NOTE TO MODS (PLEASE READ BEFORE CLOSING): I am fully aware that there is already a "Favorite Characters" thread. However, almost no people on that thread post their favorite COTDs, so I made this thread to devote some attention to the characters that everyone forgets about. If you HAVE to close this thread... then fine. Except then the COTDs will get no love whatsoever.

With that said... by definition, a COTD is a minor character who only appears in one episode. Who are your favorite COTDs - aka Characters of the Day? (BTW - you can also name Gym Leaders/E4 members/Frontier Brains/Other important people that only appear in one episode.)

I have many, so I'll name my favorites from each region.

Kanto: Lara Laramie (Episode 33), mostly because of her totally neat countryside girl accent. ^_^ (I've always been a huge fan of people with cool accents, haha.) She had a Ponyta too, and who doesn't love that epic horse?

Johto: Falkner (Episode 133). Okay, I doubt this will need much explaining... but that gym battle was one of the best, IMO, with the epic Dodrio and Pidgeot. He has totally awesome hang-gliding skills, loves bird Pokemon like me, and... OMG, he's so hot. <3<3<3<3 (I've claimed him. Hands off! Lol jk.)

Hoenn: Michelle (Episode 319), because I share first names with her. ^_^ I'm also quite fond of smart, nerdy, technological people, and Michelle seriously had some advanced technology in her hands. Plus she wears purple, and purple's my favorite color. ;)

Sinnoh: Lila (Episode 563). She's a Pokemon Coordinator, and she had some really epic tricks up her sleeve. I like how she showed off two rather unloved Pokemon - Cherrim and Delcatty. I love Pokemon Contests, and the contest she appeared in was definitely one of my favorites.

Unova: Doyle and Christie (Episode 697). While everyone else hated this episode, I loved it thanks to the two funny little kids with awesome names that referenced to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie - perfect names for a mystery episode. I loved how they were fighting about who was better - Solosis or Gothita. It cracked me up. :D

So that's enough about me. Who are YOUR favorite COTDs?

Discuss away~ ;144;

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Kanto: The girl at that academy in one of the first episodes
Hoenn: Flannery
Sinnoh: Cheryl
Unova: Chili

That one person.......who appeared in that episode......and did that thing......at that place.......with those people.....

McIntyre

Novice Breeder
Damien and AJ from Kanto.
I always had this wish that Ash would face off against Damien with Charizard. The thought always amused me. As for AJ...he's really one of the only memorable CotD for me.

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
[IMG200]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/9/97/Yoshihiko.png/250px-Yoshihiko.png[/IMG200]
Yoshihiko the Watchog guy.
Funniest one-shot character yet. I wanted him to be a recurring rival/stalker to Iris, like Conway was.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
the girl from one the early episodes Ash/Brock had a crush on- until they realised she was a jerk.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
NOTE TO MODS (PLEASE READ BEFORE CLOSING): I am fully aware that there is already a "Favorite Characters" thread. However, almost no people on that thread post their favorite COTDs, so I made this thread to devote some attention to the characters that everyone forgets about. If you HAVE to close this thread... then fine. Except then the COTDs will get no love whatsoever.

With that said... by definition, a COTD is a minor character who only appears in one episode. Who are your favorite COTDs - aka Characters of the Day? (BTW - you can also name Gym Leaders/E4 members/Frontier Brains/Other important people that only appear in one episode.)

I have many, so I'll name my favorites from each region.

Kanto: Lara Laramie (Episode 33), mostly because of her totally neat countryside girl accent. ^_^ (I've always been a huge fan of people with cool accents, haha.) She had a Ponyta too, and who doesn't love that epic horse?

Johto: Falkner (Episode 133). Okay, I doubt this will need much explaining... but that gym battle was one of the best, IMO, with the epic Dodrio and Pidgeot. He has totally awesome hang-gliding skills, loves bird Pokemon like me, and... OMG, he's so hot. <3<3<3<3 (I've claimed him. Hands off! Lol jk.)

Hoenn: Michelle (Episode 319), because I share first names with her. ^_^ I'm also quite fond of smart, nerdy, technological people, and Michelle seriously had some advanced technology in her hands. Plus she wears purple, and purple's my favorite color. ;)

Sinnoh: Lila (Episode 563). She's a Pokemon Coordinator, and she had some really epic tricks up her sleeve. I like how she showed off two rather unloved Pokemon - Cherrim and Delcatty. I love Pokemon Contests, and the contest she appeared in was definitely one of my favorites.

Unova: Doyle and Christie (Episode 697). While everyone else hated this episode, I loved it thanks to the two funny little kids with awesome names that referenced to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie - perfect names for a mystery episode. I loved how they were fighting about who was better - Solosis or Gothita. It cracked me up. :D

So that's enough about me. Who are YOUR favorite COTDs?

Discuss away~ ;144;

Oh yeah, Doyle with his Solosis and Christie with her Gothita.

I loved their names (references to Arthur Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie)

I would love to see AJ and his sandshrew(most likely Sandslash now).

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
I would like to see AJ because i wonder how could he had 100 match winning streak with that Sandshrew and those Beedril,Butterfree and Rattatas.I bet any of Ash's pokemon can OHKO those pokemon lol.The samurai again even though there will not be a Metapod v Metapod rematch. and if you ask about pokemon then definitely Porygon who (along with its evolutionary line) has not be shown again since the episode 38 incident without any fault of its.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I want to see a battle against Ash and Harrison (or whoever it was who had the Blaziken in the Johto League) only in the Unova Region. I'd also like to see Jupiter from Team Galactic break out of jail.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Damien. To see the look on this english bastard's face when pulverised (again) by a pokemon he used to own (now fully evolved)

Status
Not open for further replies.