• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cottonee in Love! (691)

gliscor&yanmega

Finally got to watch this episode. Just as I thought, I enjoyed it very much. Cilan was awesome in this episode, he needs his own show.

Scraggy got some screen time here, although it was just for the most part helping out Cottonee but I enjoyed Scraggy here, showed it's kinder side.

Iris gets an apple every scene, not sure what that was about but it was funny enough for me. Apples are appearing all the time, someone is going to catch one at some point clearly.

Ash didn't stand out to me much despite being the main reason for Cottonee's training. Regardless he was enjoyable.

Team Rocket are always awesome for me, no difference here.

This episode would be better if you know what's being said but despite that I enjoyed it very much, although the long wait for the episode took away a bit of my excitement for the episode unfortunately.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This was a nice episode.

Ash being clueless about love is hilarious. Kodome!
Iris with her apple addiction and her sxith sense. lol
Cilan with his overenthusiastic ways. He sang. Priceless.
Hmm Pansage and Dwebble.... I think its time he got a new one.
TR wasn't too bad here.

Oh man, the writers hate Tranquill.... every time it gets shown its either for a). get beaten on, b). used to search for stuff or c). do nothing.

The only things it has done are helped catch Snivy, help save Scraggy from galvantula, and help guide the Venipede....

turtle twig

Finally saw the dub of the episode. Its okay, although nothing very useful.

I'm pleased that Cilan pointed out that Iris was as much a child as Ash. Still the hypocrite.

Ash is still clueless about love. i wish the writers would throw away that aspect of Ash's personality. Its dated. But alas, I am also aware that the pokemon are the focus of the episode.

gliscor&yanmega

Anyone else find it funny how even Scraggy seemed to understand the situation better than Ash did? :p

Funny? More like sad. Poor Ash, doesn't understand what love is :(

But yah, I found it rather funny.

Also enjoyed Cilan's annoyance with Iris when she kept eating and talking about love. I guess Cilan thinks it's disrespectful or something, regardless, it's awesome to me.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Anyone else find it funny how even Scraggy seemed to understand the situation better than Ash did? :p
Yeah. Mostly because it meant Ash is officially more love-clueless than a recently born Pokemon. Although I guess it's also nice to see Scraggy caring about something other than headbutting everything.

Also enjoyed Cilan's annoyance with Iris when she kept eating and talking about love. I guess Cilan thinks it's disrespectful or something, regardless, it's awesome to me.
I enjoyed the couple of jabs he got on Iris during this. "You're one too"(in response to the usual "you're such a kid!" schtick), along with something along the lines of "normal girls wouldn't be able to eat at all if they so much as thought about love." They're not huge burns by any means, but it's still more than you'd expect from Dento. (well, Dento when he's not all fired up in battle, anyway)

randomspot555

Is this "don't eat when talking about love" thing some type of Japanese mannerism that just completely flew over my head or something?

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Yeah. Mostly because it meant Ash is officially more love-clueless than a recently born Pokemon. Although I guess it's also nice to see Scraggy caring about something other than headbutting everything.

I enjoyed the couple of jabs he got on Iris during this. "You're one too"(in response to the usual "you're such a kid!" schtick), along with something along the lines of "normal girls wouldn't be able to eat at all if they so much as thought about love." They're not huge burns by any means, but it's still more than you'd expect from Dento. (well, Dento when he's not all fired up in battle, anyway)

Totally agree, and ha ha, officially more love-clueless than a recently born Pokemon.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Iris is gonna get fat if she keeps eating those apples. Training your Pokemon doesn't help your body at all.

TheEpicGoomba

It was an ok episode. It was cool that Scraggy cared fr something for once exept for headbutting someone or something. I'm abit dissapointed that no one caught Cottonee. I agree with the writers hating Tranquil 5/10

Squirtle_007

Come on, this episode wasn´t THAT bad, Iris and Cilan´s dynamic and simple way to be made it worthy, for now, the only episode I didn´t enjoyed was that Gothitelle episode, an episode where things could keep their course even without main characters being there, right, this episode could keep the course without characters being there too, but at least it show how Axew has become more powerful in comparisson to Scraggy, Iris´s and Cilan´s thoughts about love (best part of the episode, really, Iris and Cilan are climbing the "awesomess" ranks very quickly) and how Ash killed all the fandom´s shippings with his Oblivious ability.

Anyway, I agree with you about Team Rocket being more unnecessary than usual I mean, their role this time waa limited to crash in a wall, wild Pokémon had become smarter and can defend by themselves.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Iris on a date.
Iris: Hey Chili!
Chili: Hi Iris.
>Chili's response makes Iris blush and grab a burger<
Iris: So >munch< how you doin'? >munch<
Chili: Umm… okay, I guess. >he starts backing away<
Iris: >blushes again< You… you're so cute! >munch, munch, munch<
Chili: Uh… okay then. I'll >turns< see ya later >runs<
>Iris moans<
Cilan: Ah, the sweet scent of love. And Iris's desire to eat while horny >sighs<
Iris: Grrr!

She has problems if she likes to eat while talking about love.

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Yay, Cottonees? :p Cottonees are cute enough. It's funny how they just float around... Anyways I'm surprised Ash didn't catch that Cottonee. o_o I mean he trained it up and everything. Still, it was nice to see the Cottonee get the one that it loved :3.

On a side note, Ash's Zurruggu has a really annoying voice... And why is Dento so obsessed with telling Iris to not eat and talk about love? lol

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This was yet another overhyped episode that turned out to be just average. While I did appreciate how Ash and Iris were training their Pokemon at first, I have to say that I'm disappointed that Ash's Scraggy had to stick around for the rest of the episode. I just don't think it's cute or even funny; it's always just there. I disliked how they made Cottonee out to be romantic, when it's just a ball of cotton. The whole love side-plot just made things a little too chessy, although I did appreciate Cilan's little scenes. Team Rocket ruined the episode once again by being completely boring. I wish they had done more here, but I'm giving this one a 4/10.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Nice to see Scraggy play a part in the episode...

Lucky wish

Electrike Fan!!!!!!!
Ughhh... I hated this episode! I'm not a fan of Cottenee, nor Whimsicott!
The only good things about this episode was that Scraggy was in and Tranquill got some screen time even though it was for like, 8 seconds.

Strange how an episode can be this weird, when Oshawott isn't even in it. :p I guess it was ok.