• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Could Ash leave after BW, even if he's the icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
Staples aside, I think the writers would be total geniuses if they bring in a new main character and let Ash be a recurring one. I can still see him after BW, but I want your thoughts. What do you think??? Will he stay, or will he go??

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
You're kidding right? Ash wont be replaced, out of all the staples in the show, he is certainly the biggest.

Yeah lets make Dawn the main star.[/sarcasm]

*Gets ready to shine the TeshubSignal*

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
Probably not, but I'd love to see a more Pokemon Chronicles episodes with other main characters.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Never going to happen. Every series it look's more likely that he'll go. Advance generation could have been a fresh new start since it was the first series not connected to Kanto, like Johto was. In Sinnoh we had that misleading Dawn poster with Dialga and Palkia and some believed she was going to be the new star of the show (yeah right) and now we have Generation 5 which reset everything, no old Pokemon, a new beginning, everything new, and guess what? Ash survived it all and is still here. There's no point in thinking we'll get a new main character. I say just make more Pokemon Chronicles.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Quick!! Call the Trollbusters!!

BlueDragonfangirl

As some one said, this one was kind of like a reboot new animation, new sidekick characters even replacing Brock??? Than Nurse Joy/Jenny yet Ash remains?? If he were to go any time now would be that time but he didn't. So guess what, he's not going any where no matter how much they change *Waits for Cybs to enter and argue*

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hell no never gonna happen

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Quick!! Call the Trollbusters!!

Trollbusters(aka the Mods)

If there's something strange in your neighborhood
Who you gonna call?
Trollbusters!
If there's something weird and it don't look good
Who you gonna call?
Trollbusters!

I ain't afraid of no troll

If you're seeing things running through your head
Who can you call?
Trollbusters!
An invisible man sleeping in your bed
Oh, who you gonna call?
Trollbusters!

Who you gonna call?
Trollbusters!
If you're all alone, pick up the phone
And call
Trollbusters!

I hear it likes the forums
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Who you gonna call?
Trollbusters!
If you've had a dose of a freaky troll
You'd better call
Trollbusters!

Let me tell you something
Bustin' makes me feel good

Don't get caught alone, oh no
Trollbusters!
When it comes through your door
Unless you just want some more
I think you better call
Trollbusters!
Ow!

Who you gonna call
Trollbusters!

Jokingly aside... NO! Unless Ash wins a League of course, then we may discuss if Ash is leaving.:)

magicallypuzzled

and i must be cyber's third account except hey i find cyber incrediably annoying most of the time.

at any rate they will have to replace ash eventually marketing exclusively to new fans or not kids are smart enough to see when something is anticlimatic. ash can't get a worse placement then he has gotten in the past nd each season has been more epic then the last. both of these things are both necessary and unsustainable. becuase even new fans are atleast curious as to what ash has done in the past. if he keeps tying his placement or getting worse it'll kill the new fans excitement fast and pokemon will go down hill like a avalanche.

eventually they'll have to replace him and get a new lead.

BCVM22

eventually they'll have to replace him and get a new lead.

Sure they will. Just like they absolutely had to get a new lead before Johto, before Hoenn, before Sinnoh, before Unova...

Right then.

No, they don't "have to" replace him eventually.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Clearly unlikely. Now, If they wished to create a side series starting a new character, That I could see them doing.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
It's too late. Ash is singed into the series.

Champion Jared 14

I wouldn't say that it's IMPOSSIBLE, even if Ash is named off of pokemon's creator, and he's been here since the beginning...however...I will never say never, and no I'm not using that reference from Jusin Bieber, he sucks...anyways!

Ash and Pikachu are the only REAL true staples from the beginning...Team Rocket doesn't count because they've made a mark on the show for being crazy lunatics stalking Ash and co. all over the world failing to catch Pikachu. However in BW, they've undergone dramatic serious development and characterization that makes them seem like they're not even the same characters anymore.

Many people were saying that Team Rocket would never change like this, but it's happened...Many people though that Brock was a staple character and permanent fixture in the series...and now look he's gone too...
Misty's gone, Tracy's gone, May and Max are gone, Dawn is gone, etc...

All the "staples" are leaving...Can we really say Ash is any safer? I know he's the main character, but honestly IDK...I think Pikachu has a better chance of staying forever over Ash...

magicallypuzzled

Sure they will. Just like they absolutely had to get a new lead before Johto, before Hoenn, before Sinnoh, before Unova...

Right then.

No, they don't "have to" replace him eventually.

um no they didn;t have to before johto hoenn or sinnoh they don't have to for by my count between 3-6 more regions but eventually yes they will have to it's unsustainable they can delay for a heck of a long time but not forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.