• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Could Ash use a legendary pokemon?

Everything12

Game=/= anime. Not as much as how you're overrating AG and MCX. And I never mentioned other 3(meaning they'd lose) and I even stated that A-G, Mega Charizard X and Mega Sceptile( Ash's) would beat Buzzwole and Xurkitree with Mega + Z moves( A-G + BHE). If I was overrating I would be like: "these 3 can't beat any UB at all."

Mega + Z-Move is impossible because both require items though Ash-Greninja + Z-Move is possible and besides like you said Game=/=Anime for all we know the Ultra Beasts could be made to look so strong that no ordinary Pokemon or Mega could beat them like how Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, and Mega Rayquaza were portrayed.

A i also be think that it is likely that Ash will battle with a Legend he has done it before and in the games Hala was shown battling with Tapu Koko against UB-02 so it could happen in a Ultra Beast arc.

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Mega + Z-Move is impossible because both require items though Ash-Greninja + Z-Move is possible and besides like you said Game=/=Anime for all we know the Ultra Beasts could be made to look so strong that no ordinary Pokemon or Mega could beat them like how Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, and Mega Rayquaza were portrayed.

A i also be think that it is likely that Ash will battle with a Legend he has done it before and in the games Hala was shown battling with Tapu Koko against UB-02 so it could happen in a Ultra Beast arc.

I see, but I'd like to see Ash's Mega Charizard X using Inferno Overdrive XD. Also, by their Pokedex entries they look lethal. (Guy is eating buildings, second destroying forests) I think Pokedex for legendaries are true in anime( but pokedex entry for Alakazam and Machamp are not true in anime)

Deitylight

Legendary Trainer
Hello all

With the introduction of the Ultra Beasts in the games they may come to the anime as powerful opponents for ash to face. Maybe to powerful for his Alola team to deal with.

Now he could bring back older pokemon like charizard, sceptile or infernape to fight against them.

But what if he teams with the island guardians instead. Not capture them but just command them in battle.

Or if not all Then at least Tapu koko
The Island Kahunas already do this with their Tapus. Its actually how Fini choose Hapu even though those two barely made it out with their lives.

Considering Ultra Beasts technically aren't legendaries, and only come off as such because they come from a universe with different laws of nature, an Ultra Beast may be our closest to it
Code and stat wise theUBs (and the tapus and Typ:Null line for that matter) are Legendary Pokemon.

Last edited:

Azery

I think you're overrating Ultra Beasts too much. Game wise, they aren't even powerful as Megas.

Stat wise, they're all min-maxed to hell and back. Sure their BST-totals are lower, but if they get a KO? Beast Boost. Suddenly they're faster, taking hits better, hitting harder. Pheromosa for example outspeeds and OHKO's Mega-Sceptile naturally. HJK has a high chance(If not guaranteed)to OHKO Infernape. Could run HP Rock for the Zard OHKO. Lore wise, they're STRONGER and even in-game wise, they tend to have better stats. Their lower base stats is a result of them being min-maxed to be somewhat balanced.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Island Kahunas already do this with their Tapus. Its actually how Fini choose Hapu even though those two barely made it out with their lives.

Code and stat wise theUBs (and the tapus and Typ:Null line for that matter) are Legendary Pokemon.

Wait, really? I thought Type: Null and the Ultra Beasts weren't coded legendaries. They sure aren't sold as legendaries

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
As far as I see, if Ash ever captures a Legendary Pokemon, I think it would be Mewtwo; and potentially, a Mega Mewtwo X.

Now that I mention it, I believe Mewtwo will return during Ash's adventures in Alola. There are a few hints about it:
+ Type: Null is a Pokemon created in a laboratory, just like Mewtwo. The last time we saw Mewtwo, it was when Genesect, another Pokemon created in a Lab, debuted. (Even although this was a different Mewtwo from the one we met in the first movie). So, another Pokemon created in a Lab in a good reason to bring him back.
+ We know there's actually 2 Mewtwos in the world: a male one (the first one Ash encounter in the very first movie) and a female one (the one from the Genesect movie). I believe this would be an excellent opportunity to bring back these two at the same time. It would be very interesting to see their reactions when they meet each other.
+ The MegaEvolutions of Mewtwo still have to make and official debut in the anime, so this would be the perfect chance. We know the female Mewtwo can MegaEvolve into MegaMewtwo Y, so it would be logical to think that the original Mewtwo will be able to MegaEvolve into MegaMewtwo X.

Don't you think this is quite possible to happen?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Except they had no problem giving a pokemon that essential had a power that was similar to Mega Evolution that allowed it to be on par with some of the Mega Evolutions. So I don't see why just because he didn't get a Mega that would stop him from getting a Legendary especially when they had no problem giving him something similar to Mega Evolution but more difficult to master.

Well even if Ash catches a legendary in SM, I think the natural power creep of the anime would just cause more of Ash's opponents to have legendaries of their own to stop Ash from sweeping. ^^;

RedJirachi

Veteran member
As far as I see, if Ash ever captures a Legendary Pokemon, I think it would be Mewtwo; and potentially, a Mega Mewtwo X.

Now that I mention it, I believe Mewtwo will return during Ash's adventures in Alola. There are a few hints about it:
+ Type: Null is a Pokemon created in a laboratory, just like Mewtwo. The last time we saw Mewtwo, it was when Genesect, another Pokemon created in a Lab, debuted. (Even although this was a different Mewtwo from the one we met in the first movie). So, another Pokemon created in a Lab in a good reason to bring him back.
+ We know there's actually 2 Mewtwos in the world: a male one (the first one Ash encounter in the very first movie) and a female one (the one from the Genesect movie). I believe this would be an excellent opportunity to bring back these two at the same time. It would be very interesting to see their reactions when they meet each other.
+ The MegaEvolutions of Mewtwo still have to make and official debut in the anime, so this would be the perfect chance. We know the female Mewtwo can MegaEvolve into MegaMewtwo Y, so it would be logical to think that the original Mewtwo will be able to MegaEvolve into MegaMewtwo X.

Don't you think this is quite possible to happen?

Mewtwo's way too OP a legend, especially OS Mewtwo

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Well even if Ash catches a legendary in SM, I think the natural power creep of the anime would just cause more of Ash's opponents to have legendaries of their own to stop Ash from sweeping. ^^;

That only applies if Ash catches a legendary permanently and adds it to his team. I could easily see him team up with Tapu Koko to deal with the ultra beasts or an evil team, then release it before he gets to the league (or whatver equivalent the anime uses for Alola). But even if a few characters did use legendaries in the Alola, would that really be so bad? Ash vs. Tobias was at the very least a thrilling match to watch, even if people aren't happy with the result. And having everyone use megas in the Kalos League didn't cause any mismatches, besides some of Alain's, because they mostly evened each other out.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That only applies if Ash catches a legendary permanently and adds it to his team. I could easily see him team up with Tapu Koko to deal with the ultra beasts or an evil team, then release it before he gets to the league (or whatver equivalent the anime uses for Alola). But even if a few characters did use legendaries in the Alola, would that really be so bad? Ash vs. Tobias was at the very least a thrilling match to watch, even if people aren't happy with the result. And having everyone use megas in the Kalos League didn't cause any mismatches, besides some of Alain's, because they mostly evened each other out.

If he releases a legendary my head will explode. It's possible that we could get a Meloetta situation with Tapu Koko, who will hang out for some time with Ash

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
If he releases a legendary my head will explode. It's possible that we could get a Meloetta situation with Tapu Koko, who will hang out for some time with Ash

It wouldn't surprise me at all. Ash released a lot of promising pokemon at one time or another (Charizard, Squirtle, Aipom, Primeape, Pidgeot, Lapras, Geninja, Goodra). Its actually one of Ash's most consistent and best traits, he takes in many pokemon that seems hopeless and will do anything to make it strong, or at least happy. But he never begrudges his pokemon the chance to be happy elsewhere even if he might be stronger with them. He was even willing to let Pikachu go because he thought it was happier elsewhere. If Ash could meet a legendary pokemon that was vulnerable enough to need him (ie Cosmog or even a homesick Ultra Beast) I could easily see the pattern repeat itself.

Last edited:

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
all in all:

could he use one? sure. imo if he puts in the effort, he could bring out the fullest potential in any pokemon, legendary or not.

will he ever catch one? highly unlikely given his history.

PAndrews

Or they'll just get extremely powerful regular Pokemon. Or a Legendary becomes this gens anti-Mega pokemon (similar to Greninja).

Ash has beaten Legendaries with Charizard, Pikachu and Sceptile and his kalos team was shown capable of fighting them on equal grounds. Legendaries (with a few exceptions) have long since lost their "invincibility" status.

We also have guys like Tobias and Brandon who used normal pokemon at some point to catch their Legendaries, so its not like IF Ash got a Legendary it would automatically require a hoard of legendary trainers to appear. Though if it did happen it should definitely happen at the end of the saga (around whatever this region's equivelant of gym 8 would be)

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Earlier on this thread I posted on how catching a legendary would be benificial to Ash, back on page 2 to be exact, but I worded it poorly so I am going to try again and clarify it.

I think catching would be beneficial to both Ash and his non-legendaries, since for the former it would be a sign of growth since legendaries in the anime have been shown being ridiculously powerful even untrained, but a lot of them have shown to be unstrusting towards humans, for obvious reasons that shall be unmentioned. Earning the trust and catching these legendary Pokemon, in either order, would show how far he and his non-legendaies have progressed.

Now I am NOT saying that catching and training non-legendaries isn't progressive, it is progressive, but catching a legendary would show how he has come and make it obivous to even the most oblivious person out there, and this is coming from someone who deosn't like him or the anime.

Also I am NOT by any means saying he should/would start neglecting all of his other Pokemon, at all, if anything he should rotate between them more often so that way all of them gain more progress in growth, but that's a totally different topic I won't get into here.

As for all of his non-legendary Pokemon, it would benefit them because they would have a target to aspire to, a target to become strong as if not stronger, and NO I am not saying they would hate the legendary or Ash for catching it, if they're smart they'll use it as an inspiration to work even harder to become stronger.

I hope I made my point clear, I am not bashing or anything, I am just trying to point out how it would be beneficial to both Ash and his Pokemon, I hope I was clear and if not I apologize.

Last edited:

finedragon

Seeing Ash with a Legendary is always interesting to me, but I have my doubts he will catch one any time soon. Why would the writers give Ash a Legendary when they still refuse to let him win a official league. I feel like the closest he is going to get is having a Noland/Articuno relationship with one were its not officially caught but will appear from time to time to help Ash out.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
He can catch it, but I don't think he will, because they don't wanna make Ash too OP( show must go on). Just a wild guess.

PAndrews

He can catch it, but I don't think he will, because they don't wanna make Ash too OP( show must go on). Just a wild guess.

Don't see how owning a legendary would make any more overpowered then having Pokemon such as Pikachu, Charizard and Sceptile which can beat a legendary or a Greninja shown capable of overpowering the regional champ.

Legendaries have long since lost their invincible ranking thanks to multiple trainers owning (and still losing with) them. Worst being the randomly owned Heatran :S

PAndrews

Don't see how owning a legendary would make any more overpowered then having Pokemon such as Pikachu, Charizard and Sceptile which can beat a legendary or a Greninja shown capable of overpowering the regional champ.

Legendaries have long since lost their invincible ranking thanks to multiple trainers owning (and still losing with) them. Worst being the randomly owned Heatran :S

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
That only applies if Ash catches a legendary permanently and adds it to his team. I could easily see him team up with Tapu Koko to deal with the ultra beasts or an evil team, then release it before he gets to the league

But if he catches a legendary and just releases it after a short interval of time, I wouldn't really see the point of the capture in the first place. Ash could just bond with Tapu Koko or whichever legendary pokemon and get things done without needing to actually catch it from my point of view. ^^

Leonhart

Imagineer

Even so, I don't think that makes Satoshi any more likely to catch a Legendary in this saga than in past sagas. At most, he might temporarily have Kapu-Kokeko under his command, though. I could see them facing the Ultra Beasts together.