• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Could Ash win against prime Red?

What feats to Origins Red's Mewtwo and MCX have to even match any of Ash's strongest pokemon?
The universe of that special is similar to the games, but if we talk about anime, only mewtwo would destroy all of ash's team

SH65

Victory Over All!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Prime Red shooed TR, conquered the league, owned his rival several times, and made Mewtwo his ***** and even caught him. Then there's the fact he has allegedly caught all Kanto Pokemon and, in Masters, pretty much EVERYONE knows his name. Ash would be lucky to take 1 of Red's 6 Pokemon.

SH65

Victory Over All!
conquered the league
Ash has to battle several strong trainers in a tournament to even get the chance to fight his elite four. Red doesn't have to.
Prime Red shooed TR
And Ethan, Kris, and Lyra finished them off.
and made Mewtwo his ***** and even caught him
I like to see him try that with the movie Mewtwo either of them.
Then there's the fact he has allegedly caught all Kanto Pokemon
That says nothing about how he is as a battler.

Leonhart

Imagineer
If you're referring to Red from Origins, I somewhat doubt that Satoshi would win based on how Red was portrayed and his feats during that mini-series. Then again Origins was a completely different series that isn't even canon, so it's hard to know for sure if Red's portrayal there would carry over well in the main series. For all we know, Satoshi could potentially defeat Red, but I think plot would get in the way.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ash has to battle several strong trainers in a tournament to even get the chance to fight his elite four. Red doesn't have to.
Those trainers exist as excuses to keep Ash from ever reaching the Elite Four.
And Ethan, Kris, and Lyra finished them off.
Those were stragglers. Completely different feat. By no means a mark against Red.
I like to see him try that with the movie Mewtwo either of them.
Actually, he would be able to beat that Mewtwo, but surely never catch him because he's way too different than the original Mewtwo.
That says nothing about how he is as a battler.
But it says a lot about his dedication.

SH65

Victory Over All!
Those trainers exist as excuses to keep Ash from ever reaching the Elite Four.
This still proves that Ash's journey is harder than Reds.
Those were stragglers. Completely different feat. By no means a mark against Red.
They're still Team Rocket and Ethan, Kris, and Lyra did what Red failed to do the ending them for good.
Actually, he would be able to beat that Mewtwo, but surely never catch him because he's way too different than the original Mewtwo.
I don't see Red beating either of the movie Mewtwos.
But it says a lot about his dedication.
You can say the same with Ash what does this prove.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This still proves that Ash's journey is harder than Reds.
Harder how. Red dealt with a lot of battles, counting all the trainers being roadblocks. That's not to say he dealt with a competent criminal organization.
They're still Team Rocket and Ethan, Kris, and Lyra did what Red failed to do the ending them for good.
They had no leader to speak off and were constantly trying to get Giovanni back. To say the stragglers were a bigger threat would be weird.
I don't see Red beating either of the movie Mewtwos.
Falls on personal opinion that can't be swayed anymore.
You can say the same with Ash what does this prove.
Catching 7 or so Pokemon isn't dedication, or is fooling around 75% of the time, or barely using the rest of the team as much as the Pikachu.

SH65

Victory Over All!
Harder how. Red dealt with a lot of battles, counting all the trainers being roadblocks. That's not to say he dealt with a competent criminal organization.
Not only did Ash deal with his fair share of battles he's helped beaten far more criminal organizations who are far more dangerous than Team Rocket
They had no leader to speak off and were constantly trying to get Giovanni back. To say the stragglers were a bigger threat would be weird.
They were still a threat that needed to be taken care of.
Catching 7 or so Pokemon isn't dedication, or is fooling around 75% of the time, or barely using the rest of the team as much as the Pikachu.
And this feels like it coming from someone who's only seeing what they want to see.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Not only did Ash deal with his fair share of battles he's helped beaten far more criminal organizations who are far more dangerous than Team Rocket
Aqua and Magma? They both sort of destroyed each other.
Galactic? Cyrus got overwhelmed by the Legendaries.
Neo Plasma? It was all N's doing.
The "Evil" Malamar? They got what they wanted.
Flare? It was a team effort, but it really wasn't stellar.
lol Alola
lol Galar

Also, it speaks volumes Ash can't even get rid of 3 Team Rocket members and they are forced to be really important despite being jokes, so...

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Oh we're playing this game now. Well then, I'll ask this...

Which Red are we talking about?

anime red with mewtwo and MCX destroys Ash

I thought Anime Red was Ash Ketchum. :p

Joking aside, I think we should remember that Ash has plenty of Dark-Type Pokémon at his disposal, so Mewtwo's advantage is significantly nullified, especially if we factor in Ash-Greninja. As for Mega Charizard X, it's no Alain's and since Ash could theoretically use any of his Pokémon, Krookodile would give him the edge on both of them.

Of course, in reality, that depends on the writer's thought and since it would be a boring battle if it's a curbstomp....

It would be one of the closest matches in Pokémon History, akin to Godzilla vs Kong.

Aqua and Magma? They both sort of destroyed each other.
Galactic? Cyrus got overwhelmed by the Legendaries.
Neo Plasma? It was all N's doing.
The "Evil" Malamar? They got what they wanted.
Flare? It was a team effort, but it really wasn't stellar.
lol Alola
lol Galar

Also, it speaks volumes Ash can't even get rid of 3 Team Rocket members and they are forced to be really important despite being jokes, so...

Yeah, and Team Rocket from the games keeps coming back again and again, Giovanni still remains evil as ever.

Yeah defeating Team Rocket in the games is not that big of an achievement. In Let's Go, a random kid took down the organization while Red did nothing. As well as in Gold/Silver, where another trainer took down Team Rocket again.

And yet Giovanni still came back with Team Rainbow Rocket and somehow got Mewtwo AND all the evil Team Leaders.

Team Rocket is like the Joker. Oh sure, you can beat and disaband them again and again, but they always come back for some more. It is inevtiable.

The Team Rocket Trio is more like Pilaf and his gang from Dragon Ball. Still annoyances as ever, but manages to outlast every other big villain ironically because they are harmless enough for Goku to not even bother putting them out for good.

SH65

Victory Over All!
Ash-Greninja can beat him seeing how Origins's Mewtwo has nothing but normal and Psychic type moves.
the 3 legendary birds
They have no feats and I think that Charizard and Pikachu can beat all three of them.
Origin Red doesn't have Mew
There is no reason to believe that Origin's Red' MCX is anywhere near as strong as Alain's MCX and I think that Krookodile and whoever Ash's last two pokemon are can beat him.