• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Could Ash win against prime Red?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yeah, and every major trainer in the anime knows who Ash in the anime. Therefore, Ash will totally trounce Red by your logic.
Stop twisting my logic. It's very obvious how the people who know Red know how powerful he is as a trainer after hearing of his achievements (and TR apparently being pretty feared).

In contrast, the people who know Ash in the anime simply do so mostly through, "oh, hey, I fought that kid. We had a good battle." Not, "Damn, that's Ash ****ing Ketchum! I heard he's the strongest trainer in the world!"

SH65

Victory Over All!
In contrast, the people who know Ash in the anime simply do so mostly through, "oh, hey, I fought that kid. We had a good battle." Not, "Damn, that's Ash ****ing Ketchum! I heard he's the strongest trainer in the world!"
Then can you explain how in BF Ash is said to be listed in the outstanding trainers in modern times.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Ash, Origins Red, and Game Red are all completely separate characters who exist in separate universes. And because each of those universes have their own unique rules on how the Pokémon world (and the battles that occur there) works, they're all incomparable. You can't say that all of Ash's Pokémon were locked at level 50 for the Frontier Brain battles, you can't say that Brock/Misty/Lance/Mewtwo from Origins are the same as the main anime Brock/Misty/Lance/Mewtwo, and you can't say that Game Red would understand anime battles the way Ash, Paul, or any of the main anime characters do.

So let's defer to what Stan Lee's words, "The person who'd win in a fight is the one the writer wants to win."

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Today's Ash would make Red his ***** lmao
Game red with his in-game team would get creamed by Ash easily
Same with Pokémon masters Red
Origins Red would come close coz of Mewtwo but that Mewtwo is clearly a more incompetent version than its other incarnations
Like I might give you origins Red but saying the other Red would defeat Ash esp after how he is currently is so disingenuous and bias against Ash lmao. Whatever, after Ash defeats Leon and becomes World Champion these arguments better stop

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
I have never understood this question. Red is YOU. Red is YOU, THE PLAYER CHARACTER. Ash is the Main Character from the Anime. Don't you people see this unfair comparison? Well if we are talking about Origins Red here, then that too is an unfair comparison considering Origins is different from the Anime-World and is in more in-line with the Games in Battles. But if I were to ignore all this and pick, then My Mind Says Red but My Heart Says Ash. Red has frickin Mewtwo guys. I am not gonna let my personal bias for Ash cloud my judgement.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Yep
Current Journeys Ash can beat him.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The only Red who could beat Ash is manga Red.
Ash gonna beat red with Z power pikachu , gigantimax charizard, blaze infernape, mega sceptile, ash greninja and whatever his six is
Melmetal

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I still think of them as the same character: Satoshi Tajiri, as a kid, in a world where he can bug hunt Ultraman-ish monsters.

If we’re talking about the game version vs. the anime version, the game version would win. He has access to cheat codes; he’d come into the battle with 256 hyper potions, max tevives, & a team of 6 level 100 Pokemon.

Don’t know much about the manga or Orgind anime, so I won’t guess about those.