• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Could Hikari be a permanent character?

Rex Kamex

First of all, ????and????, I think you mean "Bouken", or adventure, not "houken". Just saying. I know it's hard to tell from a small picture (assuming you looked at a small one), but... yeah, Anyway...

But if you look at the D/P Opening where it said "Shounen Satoshi to Pokemontachi" it now says "Ima, Satoshi to Hikari to Pokemontachi"

That's just another thing they did to add to Hikari's popularity. She is the current co-star of the series. If they hyped May as much as they are doing Hikari from the beginning, they would've done the same thing to May. Even though it's not officially 100% confirmed, the way I see it, since it happened to May (who, by the later part of AG was treated like the co-star that she was), Hikari'll probably leave if a 5th generation really does come. See, what the writers would probably do is hype the 5th generation girl even more than Hikari, so people'll get more excited for her to come than they are with Hikari right now. I mean, I know how popular she is and all, but there isn't anything stopping the writers from just ignoring that and starting over once more. It'd really bite how they can't just have a permanent main girl character in the show, but if Hikari stayed, then, well...

And if, by some miracle, she does, it's a disservice to May, who has/had just as much right to stay as Hikari.

What this guy said. (No offense by calling you "this guy".) This is true. I personally don't care about any "deus ex" Pokemon that May has. IMO, May should've stayed because she was the first girl co-star of the series.

Still, if Hikari leaves, she ultimately wouldn't seem as special as she is right now. It's such a mess. (Still prefer's my "Group Hikari/Ash/May/Brock" idea...)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
If Hikari becomes a permanent character, that means that she Ash and whoever esle will grow up together. I would figure that Ash will travel by himself when he gets older so I don't think she will be permanent. She will evenually change.

psy455

I can't say anything about Hikari being a permanent character.
We have to wait and follow how the story goes, but when we judge from the title of the opening song "Together" and the ending, "By your side" it might say that Hikari will always travel with Ash for the rest of her life.

I can say this not because I am Pearlshipper.

No she's just as expendable as May was...once new gen/female comes out bye Hikari.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
If there's a fifth generation, there'll be a new girl, therefore, Hikari will have a replacement. If there's not a fifth generation, the series will probably end.

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
She is getting a lot of attention so who knows ^_^
May also got a lot of attention through AG and the Battle Frontier, and yet they still sent her and her brother packing with little more than a 20-second goodbye sequence. What GF and Nintendo does isn't based off what the fanbase wants: countless fans have requested a dolphin Pokemon, but they still havn't made one.
I doubt Hikari will be permanant. Neither of the two girls who have occupied her role in the anime have been permanant. When the fifth generation comes out, they'll most likely replace her with her equivalent from that set of games.

emeraldsalamance

GOMU GOMU NO!!!!!
Nahh the only caracter that will stay is gonna be Brock and Ash I think Hikari will be gone when the fifth generation come's just like May left when the fourth came and like Misty who left when the Third generation came.

maybe brock always come back because he and ash cant stay alone, brock demostrate so much love to the girls because he is hiding the true..... brock is gay!!!!!!

Last edited:

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Yes, I agree with all of the above (except emerald salamence) The anime writers can do some pretty bad stuff for advertisment. Did you see Dogasu's comparison for that kyogre and groudon episode. According to him, apparently, the plot changed just to advertise emerald. So yeah, the writers will go out of their way to advertise the games. Maybe we could start a petition, to have some other way to advertise the new games, which does not involve getting rid of characters. Of course, if we do that now, Misty and May's followers will be angry because people thought of that now instead of when their characters were around. If they do that though, I am hoping that they use the male avatar. I think the female avatar is done to death.

Now, about what emerald salamence said... Who says that you have to have a sexual attraction to someone to like them? I'm sure you had friends that were your gender, and you liked them, does that mean you have a sexual attraction with them? I don't think so.

Vel

FlareGirl
No offence for Hikari fans but in my opinion she is the worst character in the show. She isn't as pretty as older girls. She has freaky eyes (blue with two, black comas in the center) and too short fringe. Her clothes are ok, but personality isn't. She isn't original. If she was a shy girl who has troubles with own personality then she would be great! She would be original and she would be a simbol of all people who have troubles with making friends because they are shy and they don't know to to break it. Hikari is a next hyper and brave girl who is little like Misty and a lot like May. She likes contests and she will be a coordinator. I don't like it. She isn't special, she is a next "cool" girl. Writers forgot about shy people who would like to see in the show someone who would be like they. May was nice and great, I really like her but Hikari is a clone, is boring and is nothing special. I see her as main character- new games, new adventure, new heroine but she isn't and won't be my favourite character in the show, and you can write what you want, you can adore her look ( well, boys probably see only pretty face and long, nice legs), but for me she is a next boring hero girl who is really nothing special.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
She isn't as pretty as older girls. She has freaky eyes (blue with two, black comas in the center) and too short fringe.
...What the hell are you talking about. Her eyes are drawn exactly the way all the other characters' eyes are drawn (except with a different color).
Her clothes are ok, but personality isn't. She isn't original. If she was a shy girl who has troubles with own personality then she would be great!
So just because she doesn't have the personality that YOU want her to have, automatically makes her the worst character ever? O rly?
Hikari is a next hyper and brave girl who is little like Misty and a lot like May. I don't like it. She isn't special, she is a next "cool" girl. Writers forgot about shy people who would like to see in the show someone who would be like they.
So just because she's peppy and enthusiastic instead of being shy, it automatically makes her personality unoriginal? O rly?
May was nice and great, I really like her but Hikari is a clone, is boring and is nothing special.
Because she does Contests! :(
I see her as main character- new games, new adventure, new heroine but she isn't
Okay...What. The. F*ck? o_O
you can adore her look ( well, boys probably see only pretty face and long, nice legs)
...You judged her on her looks and said she wasn't as pretty as "older girls" (she's friggin TEN), isn't that being a little bit of a hypocrite?
She likes contests and she will be a coordinator.
Because having the same dream and goal as someone else = an organism whose genetic information is identical to that of the original organism which it was created from! Nice logic there. :)

From what I've seen, her personality is nothing like Haruka aside from the girly aspect. If you compare Hikari's personality to Haruka's personality (for this you have to actually *watch* any of the episodes, if someone doesn't and comes to the final conclusion that Hikari's "t3h H4r00ka cloen!!11" do to their AG/Haruka bias or whatever, then don't expect me to take their opinion seriously ;/), you'd see that Hikari is a much more hyperactive, peppy and enthusiastic girl than Haruka ever was. I'm actually glad that she does Contests, because if she didn't, the people that enjoyed them would sure miss them.

As for Hikari becoming a permanent character, I would like it but I surely don't see it. If there is going to a 5th Generation (I have my doubts as D/P seems to cover the last bit of the creation of the Pokemon universe. What else is there to cover after covering the dang galaxy?), I'm betting that Hikari would eventually leave at the end of the Diamond and Pearl anime (you know, it's funny. This is the way I always saw it: Satoshi is universally the main character of the Pokemon anime series (though it would've been different if the popularity of the anime came in late, as I remember somewhere saying it was originally planned to be an 80 episode anime series because it wasn't expect to have that much popularity then, or if the writers got off their asses and start making an anime series that's much more faithful to the set of games that they're advertising than all the sagas/series post-early Kanto), Kenta and Marina were the main characters of Raikou! Legend of Thunder!, Haruka was the main character of Advanced Generation, and Hikari's the main character of Diamond and Pearl. So Haruka and Hikari coming to a close after their series ended makes sense, sort of) and whatever anime is based on the 5th Generation will have the 5th Generation girl/boy (of course the possiblity is leaning more towards girl) star in it.

See how they name the new anime series Diamond and Pearl instead of a name like DS Generation? I think the Diamond and Pearl anime series will end after it finishes it's run in Shinou (a filler saga's also another possibility though, since the games just don't come out of the Game Freak's butts in a second), and will start quickly with a new series based on the next generation of games or the "new Pokemon creation" will come to a hault in the 4th generation (therefore giving them a chance to actually give a proper closing to Satoshi/Hikari or giving them the chance to make original story just for fun that's more plot-driven than advertising new Pokemon). Eh, that's my two cents.

RandomCharizard

That's just another thing they did to add to Hikari's popularity. She is the current co-star of the series. If they hyped May as much as they are doing Hikari from the beginning, they would've done the same thing to May. Even though it's not officially 100% confirmed, the way I see it, since it happened to May (who, by the later part of AG was treated like the co-star that she was), Hikari'll probably leave if a 5th generation really does come. See, what the writers would probably do is hype the 5th generation girl even more than Hikari, so people'll get more excited for her to come than they are with Hikari right now.

Eventually they'll hype the new gen girl up so much people will explode from the hype.

Hikari will unfourtanetly leave. Its the crack addict writers guys, remember that! These guys had ever good reason to let May stay, but they had her go.

I wish Hikari could stay.
When hikari leaves, I'll be singing:
Where'd you go
I miss you so
Seems like its been forever since you've been gone....

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Probably true. I can see Brock as an old man with a new 17th Generation girl.

Actually, nobody ages in the anime. So while Brock will technically be eighty seven, he'll still look like he's fourteen.

I bet the 5th gen girl will be...ANOTHER COORDINATOR! Shocking, isn't it? :D
Seriously, how would you guys react if the next gen girl was a coordinator again?

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
The girl always leaves, period.

JazzJazz

I bet the 5th gen girl will be...ANOTHER COORDINATOR! Shocking, isn't it? :D
Seriously, how would you guys react if the next gen girl was a coordinator again?

Well, the fifth generation (I can't believe that it's already being discussed) may introduce a new form of pokemon competition... so the contests may be handled by Hikari and a new character could handle this new competition.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I agree with the people who think she'll only last until the 5th gen games come out. Not that I like the idea of all the girls being replaceable, but it's the sad truth.

Once I saw the sales of the D/P games during their first week in Japan, it proved to me that this show WILL continue to go on and on for another decade.

As such, D/P advertisement will be deemed unneeded once the 5th gen games come out, and Hikari won't be needed. Really, the only reason May left was because she was an R/S/E girl, and Hikari will probably leave for the same reason.