• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Could Hikari be a permanent character?

shinigami13

SoulSilver ftw!
I think she won't stay she'll leave once the 5th gen comes out and I don't think she'll become more than friends with Ash since Ash loves Misty

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think she won't stay she'll leave once the 5th gen comes out and I don't think she'll become more than friends with Ash since Ash loves Misty

Ash barely even mentioned Misty throughout all of AG and he won't for all of D/P either. Ash does not care that Misty is at the Gym rather than traveling with him, I don't know how the writers could make it more obvious.

AG was 4 years and D/P will probably be another 4 years, that makes 8 years altogether. Misty is nothing more than ancient history at this point, and all story arcs about her have been pretty much resolved. May and Max might fade into obscurity just like Misty in the future, but they actually have quests, so we might see them more often (in their own specials) than we did Misty.

Misty had tons of specials about her, plus the made for TV special featured her as well. She was Ash's first travel companion, that's why it would be easier to include her so it wouldn't take away from their quests.

Misty has really nothing to do besides run the gym, in which she often takes breaks from, while May and Max are up and coming trainers/coordinators.

I bet we'll see more of Misty in the future than May/Max.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
We've had two "made for TV specials" with May in it as well.

And being a Coordinator means it is that much easier to make decent episodes about her (most of Misty's specials were so-so)

Right but that would take away from Hikari as she's the show's main coordinator focus.

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
Please don't turn this topic into a Will Misty come back thread, she could come back we don't know yet but with the writers not including her in the last AG episode I'm having doughts of it. I'm agreeing with Cyb on this one. Also Ash does not love Misty, he only cares for Pokemon and battles at the moment. Lets get back on topic now shall we? I think it is possible for Hikari to stay beyond 4th, they could do what they did with Misty who knows. I mean Hikari is being advertized an aweful lot, May wasn't nearly advertized that much. Why advertize Hikari that much if she's going to go when the next girl generation comes.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Misty had tons of specials about her,

She had four. That's one less than Richie.

plus the made for TV special featured her as well.

That was a 10th anniversary special that was made to reunite the entire cast of Pokemon, (Tracey got a cameo), not a Misty tribute. :rolleyes:

She was Ash's first travel companion, that's why it would be easier to include her so it wouldn't take away from their quests.

I bet we'll see more of Misty in the future than May/Max.

The only reason Misty showed up in mid-Hoenn was to resolve Togepi's story arc. She has really no reason to show up in mid-Shinou, and the writers didn't even bother to put her in the last AG episode.

Even Tracey is getting more appearances lately than Misty.

Esperon

An old PS luva!
No offence for Hikari fans but in my opinion she is the worst character in the show. She isn't as pretty as older girls. She has freaky eyes (blue with two, black comas in the center) and too short fringe. Her clothes are ok, but personality isn't. She isn't original. If she was a shy girl who has troubles with own personality then she would be great! She would be original and she would be a simbol of all people who have troubles with making friends because they are shy and they don't know to to break it. Hikari is a next hyper and brave girl who is little like Misty and a lot like May. She likes contests and she will be a coordinator. I don't like it. She isn't special, she is a next "cool" girl. Writers forgot about shy people who would like to see in the show someone who would be like they. May was nice and great, I really like her but Hikari is a clone, is boring and is nothing special. I see her as main character- new games, new adventure, new heroine but she isn't and won't be my favourite character in the show, and you can write what you want, you can adore her look ( well, boys probably see only pretty face and long, nice legs), but for me she is a next boring hero girl who is really nothing special.

Hey, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were Cyber!

Well, back on topic, fraid I can't say much about Hikari as I've only seen her in one or two epis on a bad youtube connection but personally I like her a lot more than May. She is much more big headed and thinks she's the best trainer in the world (yet still hasn't caught anything...). Remind you of any other permanent character? I like the look of her and Ash arguing, something that hasn't happened within the group since Misty was around and that was alway over the same things "bike this, getting lost that" a bit of friction in a group is much more interesting to watch than a group of 4 being all sweet and nice to each other. Blech!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
She is much more big headed and thinks she's the best trainer in the world (yet still hasn't caught anything...). Remind you of any other permanent character?

That really means nothing. As far as we know at the moment, Hikari will be safe until the 5th gen games come out. At that point we'll see what the writers will do.

I like the look of her and Ash arguing, something that hasn't happened within the group since Misty was around and that was alway over the same things "bike this, getting lost that" a bit of friction in a group is much more interesting to watch than a group of 4 being all sweet and nice to each other. Blech!

The only reason they were arguing in that episodes was over which was better to do, Gyms or Contests. If May were in this episode, she would have done the same exact thing.

Hikari is bickering about her goal, and she deeply apologizes to Ash at the end of the episode similar to the way May did in TBTB, so it probably won't be ongoing.

Heracross

Custom User Title
That was a 10th anniversary special that was made to reunite the entire cast of Pokemon, (Tracey got a cameo), not a Misty tribute. :rolleyes:
K, I can't believe I'm defending Justin, but this honestly had me loling. It is perfectly appropriate to say the special featured Kasumi. She was one of the main characters featured in the special, as were Satoshi, Takeshi, Haruka, Kojirou, etc.

I bet if someone said the special featured Masato, for example, you wouldn't have given it a second thought. Stop trying to find fanboyism where there isn't any.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
She was one of the main characters featured in the special, as were Satoshi, Takeshi, Haruka, Kojirou, etc.

I bet if someone said the special featured Masato, for example, you wouldn't have given it a second thought. Stop trying to find fanboyism where there isn't any.

No, the point is the special was meant to take place during the Battle Frontier saga, so it used the AG cast of Ash/May/Max/Brock. The only recurring characters that returned to "reunite" the complete cast were Oak and Misty. (and Tracey got a 2 second cameo)

While Misty and Oak returned for the special, it wasn't a tribute to them, but the Pokemon anime as a whole. Getting back to the original point, that's the only reason Misty was in it. It was an anniversary special, that's it.

When did this thread start to become about Misty...I thought it was about Hikari? Anyway, Misty is just a cameo girl, imo. She'll only be mentioned once in a blue moon...now time for Hikari:

As for Hikari, I don't think she'll be a permanent character. We can't say that Brock's going to be permanent because for all we know, the writers could replace him again. The only people I know who are 100% permanent characters are Ash and TR (that is if the current anime continuation keeps going). That's it so to answer the topic, Hikari will most likely not be a permanent character.

JazzJazz

We can't say that Brock's going to be permanent because for all we know, the writers could replace him again.

Brock is pretty damn close to being a permanent character as we've seen how reluctant the writers are to let him go...

Heracross

Custom User Title
No, the point is the special was meant to take place during the Battle Frontier saga, so it used the AG cast of Ash/May/Max/Brock. The only recurring characters that returned to "reunite" the complete cast were Oak and Misty. (and Tracey got a 2 second cameo)

While Misty and Oak returned for the special, it wasn't a tribute to them, but the Pokemon anime as a whole. Getting back to the original point, that's the only reason Misty was in it. It was an anniversary special, that's it.
You didn't read a damn thing I said did you? The only one talking about "tributes" is you.

Yeah, Brock is never going to leave. I just know that for sure now. We all thought he was finally gone at the end of AG. And then he randomly shows up in one of the cast pictures. So it's probably going to end up being the same for every season/whatever you call it.

As for Hikari. No, she won't be a permanent character, just like Misty and May weren't, no matter how damn popular they were. Once the 5th gen comes out, Hikari will be replaced by the new girl in that game.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I wish there would be a new way of advertising the new games. The writers gave May a bulbasaur and squirtle to advertise fire red and leaf green, and didn't add a new avatar character. I wish they would do that with new generations. If the avatar character must be in there, than I wish they'd just make them a rival or something. I don't like this everchanging main group thing.

daigon

I think she will stick around for about 1~5 seasons, depending on how long the diamond/pearl anime is.