• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Could Paul be scared of Ash?

STICKTOPIA

Paul isn't afraid of Ash. He never was afraid of him. Ash only defeated him in that PokeRinger contest. Paul is more annoyed by Ash than him being afraid of Ash. You see how Ash keeps telling him the right way to raise pokemon. I would be annoyed if I was in Paul's shoes.

lucario750

pokemon master
why on earth paul would be afraid of ash

zeno48

Zaker!
why on earth paul would be afraid of ash

He isn't but people like to assume that he is. He has already owned him so why should he be scared?

M4zz

Banned
Yeah... right. Paul is in no way afraid of ash because to me, he's like Silver in G/S. He always calls the player weak and insults him all the time, even though he ALWAYS loses. Maybe Paul can be battled by a Lance-type guy (before all of you start saying, "he battled Brandon", think; Did that REALLY make him change?) His *** needs to be kicked so bad, that Ash feels sorry for him in order for Paul to change into a better person. But, before that happens, he will always keep insulting Ash and think he's superior.
Maybe it could be palmer... The next episode in japan features him. It could work.

Treepandaone

Down to Earth
Did anyone actually read the first thread or did we all just get here and scream; "PAUL FANBOY, PAUL FANBOY, PAUL FANBOY!".

On to the topic at hand; there is no way that you can say that the team Ash has is region-only when he still has a Pikachu that is esentially level 100 (if we were going by game standards) whereas Paul doesn't. Paul, as was seen in the anime, starting again with a new team as he evolved Magmar and elekid and has been shown to capture loads, such as Gliscor, Ursaring and Tailow.

No, I don't think Paul shows any signs of intimidation, but he has an admiration for the same type of people they are, like combustable opposites, but not opposite. Also what you have to realize is that this Anime series is based upon Ash, and no ammount of fanboy-ism can take that from his credentials, hence why even if Paul was going to be scared for the "final battle of the region" it would be based upon the series being Ash's show.

And also its a childrens anime. Stop looking so deep into it.

thunderblade12

Anyone else want to see an Ash-Paul fist fight before the league? Since they had Looker-Paaaunch I don't think a fight between kids would be too tobo. Think Ash vs Lucario in Movie 8 and Tai vs Matt from Digimon

FlameRose

^ I haven't seen most of the Lucario movie or any Digimon, but that sounds HILARIOUS. I'd pay to see that...

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
Anyone else want to see an Ash-Paul fist fight before the league? Since they had Looker-Paaaunch I don't think a fight between kids would be too tobo. Think Ash vs Lucario in Movie 8 and Tai vs Matt from Digimon

This would actually be kinda awesome. After all, if Lucario toughening up Maylene Bone Rush'd and Aura Sphere'd her, it shouldn't be taboo.

Tpika

What ticks me off is that Paul won against Ash with his current team, Ash beat Brandon, and Brandon Beat Paul. Maybe if Ash had his old Kanto team, he could beat Paul.

FlameRose

What ticks me off is that Paul won against Ash with his current team, Ash beat Brandon, and Brandon Beat Paul. Maybe if Ash had his old Kanto team, he could beat Paul.

The thing is, Brandon has been training a lot since he last battled Ash. Plus, he used all three Regi's AND was able to switch around. Ash woulda been screwed if he'd battled Paul like Brandon did, reserves or not.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think that Paul isn't scared of nothing, because he hase big confidence in his self. even after the lose to Brandon he can't say "i'm a week trainer". he knows that Brandon is too strong.

zeno48

Zaker!
ash is not that scary. i bet paul doesn't even know about ash's oaked pokemon.

I think Paul is aware that Ash has more pokemon and vice versa. Why wouldn't he since he already knows how far Ash has gone.

milenadrg

No, he isn't. Why would be someone like Paul scared of a boy who is just like every other boy? Paul possibly never had chance to meet him before, that doesn't means he's scared...

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
No.
Paul = Bad ***
Ash = ***

ROFL so true!

Paul might be intimidated to see Ash's oldies as Paul knows Ash as a 'weak' trainer with not fully evolved pokemon. Specially Charizard and Sceptile. But not scared. Infact Ash would challenge Paul right then and there and Paul would be quick to accept and the two could have an epic duel. Remember, Torterra has been through Kanto, Johto and Hoenn, thrice as much experienced as Sceptile and even more experience than Charizard.
Plus pokemon like Electabuzz and Murkrow have been with Paul most probably since Johto.