• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Could Serena Stay?

Could Serena stay post XY

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

This was brought up in a couple of threads, and I thought it warranted it`s own thread.

Given Serena`s infatuation with Ash, do you guys think she might decide to travel with Ash for Gen 7 and possibly ownwards?

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
She could. I wouldn't put it past the writers. The chances of that happening though are extremely slim.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
Nope, because marketing. Whoever the female character is in the gen 7 game, (assuming there will be one, even though it's very likely), will inevitably be Ash's next partner. Honestly, it was a big surprise to get Iris instead of Hilda. Other than that though, I doubt the trend will ever end. Besides, Ash will never realize Serena's feelings. He's written to be too dense. Although in his defense he is 10.....supposedly.

chalkus

Given how slow Serena's development has been, I think it is definitely possible. Her development has been a slow burn possibly because the writers intend to keep her around for a future season. There are 2 female cast members this season and there is no reason why they can't do it again next season. Serena could end up being a replacement for Brock for the foreseeable future.

Whether or not that's a good thing is another story.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
I think the XY series could last a good while, hence they're taking their time developing Serena, but I don't see her lasting.

Red and Blue

I voted "depends on the crush" because I think if by some small chance Ash returns her feelings, Serena might choose to travel with him. Unless they decide to have a long distance relationship, LOL.

The "Gen 7 girl" shouldn't be an issue. There's no reason why they all can't travel together.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I don't see what her crush has to do with her character staying or not... Misty changed from Kanto to Johto. The same can happen with Serena's love story.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Not a chance imo. She has no reason to stick around for another saga when another girl will need her spot for promo.

Malfor

X and Y will be good
I don't think it's that likely. (Which is good because I don't like her XD)

Benny™

Best Wishes Do Come True Under The Sun & Moon
I agree with Malfor. Besides it wouldn't be fair to the others who didn't get to stay past one generation.

zhixun

Nope, because marketing. Whoever the female character is in the gen 7 game, (assuming there will be one, even though it's very likely), will inevitably be Ash's next partner. Honestly, it was a big surprise to get Iris instead of Hilda. Other than that though, I doubt the trend will ever end. Besides, Ash will never realize Serena's feelings. He's written to be too dense. Although in his defense he is 10.....supposedly.

Trend tells nothing for future series. XY has broken plenty of trends already.

Not a chance imo. She has no reason to stick around for another saga when another girl will need her spot for promo.

The reason for her to stay is her lack of development. People complain that she develops slowly and I doubt that she has enough time if she is removed after XY.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The crush really should not have any bearing on whether she stays or not.
I agree, I don't see it happening.
Trend tells nothing for future series. XY has broken plenty of trends already.

The reason for her to stay is her lack of development. People complain that she develops slowly and I doubt that she has enough time if she is removed after XY.

But didn't DP and BW break "trends" too? That means nothing as whether Serena will stay or not, and I don't see her staying after XY.

Also why should she stay another generation if she's lacking in development already? That would make it even worse for her character IMO and she should develop in her own generation, not in a future one.

Koharu_Hinata

Doki Doki Sunshine!
Nope, not happening. Not until a snowball makes it through hell will they let a girl that's not Misty stay more than one generation.

Once the XY saga is done, she'll be thrown away like an old sock, sadly. A one time return will be all she gets after XY.

So yeah, anyone wanting her to stay shouldn't get their hopes up. Many of us know the process of how the anime treats the main girls. And I doubt they're going to change it.

Last edited:

zhixun

Nope, not happening. Not until a snowball makes it through hell will they let a girl that's not Misty stay more than one generation.

Once the XY saga is done, she'll be thrown away like an old sock, sadly. A one time return will be all she gets after XY.

So yeah, anyone wanting her to stay shouldn't get their hopes up. Many of us know the process of how the anime treats the main girls. And I doubt they're going to change it.

What do you mean by one time return? We are not sure that Iris will make a return in XY or Haruka/ Hikari will not return in XY yet.

Koharu_Hinata

Doki Doki Sunshine!
What do you mean by one time return? We are not sure that Iris will make a return in XY or Haruka/ Hikari will not return in XY yet.

Okay, you got a point there. But, to define the one time return, I think that the anime is more likely to go with their "main girl comes back for a few episodes the generation after their arc, then disappears after they leave" pattern, knowing the writers.

Status
Not open for further replies.