• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Could the Best Wishes Saga been different if the TR VS TP episodes weren't canceled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuzamaki90

Okay let's be honest, when Best Wishes first started, it started on a very high note. A lot of people were happy with how things were going, people actually liked the fillers, the battles were great, and a lot of fans were happy that the writers didn't spam TR every episode.

Then, 2 years ago, the Pokemon anime community were excited about how Team Plasma would be making a debut, Giovanni and Team Rocket would be making a return, Looker would also be coming back, and Team Plasma were going to be facing off against Team Rocket.

The amazing trailer for the two-parter got even old fans excited...until the Tohoku earthquake hit Japan and indefinitely postponed the episodes. After those episodes were postpones, a lot of people started getting disappointed with the Best Wishes saga performance and quality wise.

So now that Episode N is finally taking place, Team Plasma is making a debut, Looker is making a return, and N is appearing, it looks like the Best Wishes saga may be re-glorified like it was before.

But watching the opening over and over again, do any of you guys think the Best Wishes saga could have been way different if the TR VS TP did air. If it had aired, Team Plasma would have most likely appeared a lot more during the remainder of the series, Episode N most likely wouldn't exist, the Unova League arc probably would have been the end of the Best Wishes saga, Kotetsu and Virgil might have not existed, and N might have appeared way earlier.

Who knows, maybe the Unova League were planned to be interrupted by N and Team Plasma.

IcySealeo

It's the third time, I think, that someone opens a thread about this.

Anyway, my answer is - of course. This saga was totally different and maybe Ash would have been finished the Unova league in other place instead of Top 8.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Some people did start disliking the series out of nowhere because of that.

It would have been even better though, we wouldn't have had an arc to them and the league would be bigger and hopefully done better(the Kotetsu battle).

Verdant

If the episodes didn't get postponed we would have had BW TP instead of BW2 TP. So yeah Best Wishes would have been very different.
I am still hoping we'll ever find out what the writers were originally planning but I doubt it.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I don't really believe that the storyline changed and just think that episodes involving them in future were probably just pulled as well..

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
Back then I was really excited to see how the anime would pull of Plasma and their stance on liberating Pokemon, I thought that would really change the dynamic of things but that seems long gone now. The series probably would have been better. I cant really think of much that justifies what we got instead. TR remained good overall (not as well planned as the 1st 20 episodes but still serious), rivals felt either annoying or just ok and the league turned into a disaster. Maybe what Episode N gives use will make up for it all judging at least from the new opening's foreshadowing.

I agree with IcySealeo. Of course the Best Wishes Saga would have been different if they haven't canceled the TR vs TP episodes. Alot of fans were looking forward towards these two episodes and was really disappointed when it never aired. And don't forget Team Plasma was suppose to be based off of black and white 1 not black and white 2. Also in other Sagas could you imagine how the Advanced Generations would have been without Team Magma and Team Aqua; Do you think we would have seen Groudon Vs Kyogre. Could you imagine the Diamond and Pearl Series without Team Galactic and Cyrus. Also I thought that the League was rushed too so they can get focus on The N Arc. I have alot of High hopes for this Arc. :)

I agree with IcySealeo. Of course the Best Wishes Saga would have been different if they haven't canceled the TR vs TP episodes. Alot of fans were looking forward towards these two episodes and was really disappointed when it never aired. And don't forget Team Plasma was suppose to be based off of black and white 1 not black and white 2. Also in other Sagas could you imagine how the Advanced Generations would have been without Team Magma and Team Aqua; Do you think we would have seen Groudon Vs Kyogre. Could you imagine the Diamond and Pearl Series without Team Galactic and Cyrus. Also I thought that the League was rushed too so they can get focus on The N Arc. I have alot of High hopes for this Arc. :)

It has already been stated that the Subway Arc was already in production and the Kami Trio arc with Zager and TRio was already planned to take place at the end of 2011. TRio and Zager were always going to be the main antagonists after the episodes got postponed. We wouldn't have gotten a largely different show like some people seem to think we would have. It was probably planned from the start that TR would be the main villains during BW and BW2 and that Team Plasma would become main antagonists after the League.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Prior to the eps BW felt like DP now I know they had eps finished prior to those eps but as soon as the eps were put to rest the following ones really seemed to go down in quality. They kinda picked up with the Don George battles and the Nimbasa ARc but went back down later

Verdant

It has already been stated that the Subway Arc was already in production and the Kami Trio arc with Zager and TRio was already planned to take place at the end of 2011. TRio and Zager were always going to be the main antagonists after the episodes got postponed. We wouldn't have gotten a largely different show like some people seem to think we would have. It was probably planned from the start that TR would be the main villains during BW and BW2 and that Team Plasma would become main antagonists after the League.

When the episodes got postponed everything related to Team Plasma got removed. Which means that we don't know what role Team Plasma would have had.

For all we know more episodes about Team Plasma were supposed to be aired but got removed after the two parter got postponed. Hell they easily could have tweaked some existing episodes to remove anything Team Plasma related.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
When the episodes got postponed everything related to Team Plasma got removed. Which means that we don't know what role Team Plasma would have had.

For all we know more episodes about Team Plasma were supposed to be aired but got removed after the two parter got postponed. Hell they easily could have tweaked some existing episodes to remove anything Team Plasma related.

I guess we'll never know, but that's likely. Heck, they may even have adapted all the Team Plasma episodes so they could be inserted in Episode N, for what we know.

Last edited:

For all we know, they planned it from the start that TP would show up in those 2 episodes and then not return until after the League. It seemed to me like they wanted to focus more on TR in BW and BW2.

Verdant

For all we know, they planned it from the start that TP would show up in those 2 episodes and then not return until after the League. It seemed to me like they wanted to focus more on TR in BW and BW2.

That just seems very unlikely. Why introduce Team Plasma so early and then not make them appear until after the league? That would make no sense at all

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Um, probably not. Sure we probably would have seen Team Plasma more often if the two episodes hadn't been cancelled, but I doubt it would have made much of a difference for me personally. Seeing N and the others would have been a beacon of hope for BW, but there were still too many other issues in that saga, for me anyway.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Okay let's be honest, when Best Wishes first started, it started on a very high note. A lot of people were happy with how things were going, people actually liked the fillers, the battles were great, and a lot of fans were happy that the writers didn't spam TR every episode.

Then, 2 years ago, the Pokemon anime community were excited about how Team Plasma would be making a debut, Giovanni and Team Rocket would be making a return, Looker would also be coming back, and Team Plasma were going to be facing off against Team Rocket.

The amazing trailer for the two-parter got even old fans excited...until the Tohoku earthquake hit Japan and indefinitely postponed the episodes. After those episodes were postpones, a lot of people started getting disappointed with the Best Wishes saga performance and quality wise.

So now that Episode N is finally taking place, Team Plasma is making a debut, Looker is making a return, and N is appearing, it looks like the Best Wishes saga may be re-glorified like it was before.

But watching the opening over and over again, do any of you guys think the Best Wishes saga could have been way different if the TR VS TP did air. If it had aired, Team Plasma would have most likely appeared a lot more during the remainder of the series, Episode N most likely wouldn't exist, the Unova League arc probably would have been the end of the Best Wishes saga, Kotetsu and Virgil might have not existed, and N might have appeared way earlier.

Who knows, maybe the Unova League were planned to be interrupted by N and Team Plasma.
When I look back at all this... It still really ticks me off!!! All because of that stupid earthquake the whole saga had to be dumbed down! Why couldn't they just have a 1 or 2 month Hiatus instead of just a bunch of boring forgettable fillers!? Grrrr.... It still irks me to this day! BW1 Ghetsis could have been the most badass anime villain ever! However with this new Episode N saga (it is a saga right?) we might just get graced with the even more badass BW2 Ghetsis! Let's just hope that no more major earthquakes hit Japan for a while otherwise we may never see a dark destructive situation in the Pokemon anime again! (Note: The Earthquake and Tsunami that hit Japan 2 years ago was very tragic and I don't mean any offence with this post I just had to vent my anger a bit.)

Aegon

I don't think it would have made too much of a difference. They might have made the series more exciting, but two episodes aren't enough to save an entire saga.

Let's just hope that no more major earthquakes hit Japan for a while otherwise we may never see a dark destructive situation in the Pokemon anime again!
That's definitely why we should hope for no more earthquakes. Not because of the loss of life or anything.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
That just seems very unlikely. Why introduce Team Plasma so early and then not make them appear until after the league? That would make no sense at all

Because B2W2 weren't out, and the writers wanted to wait until they knew what was going to happen with Plasma in those games.
It's the exact same thing that happened in DP, where pretty much the entire Galactic story took place between DP100 and DP150, with some minor stuff early on to introduce them.

What Pokemaniac24 said in his first post in the thread pretty much sums everything up. You wouldn't have gotten a different story, and you most definitely wouldn't have gotten a differently written league. This is just looking for scapegoats for writing decisions you didn't like.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Because B2W2 weren't out, and the writers wanted to wait until they knew what was going to happen with Plasma in those games.
It's the exact same thing that happened in DP, where pretty much the entire Galactic story took place between DP100 and DP150, with some minor stuff early on to introduce them.

What Pokemaniac24 said in his first post in the thread pretty much sums everything up. You wouldn't have gotten a different story, and you most definitely wouldn't have gotten a differently written league. This is just looking for scapegoats for writing decisions you didn't like.

Well, but it's still a bit weird that Team Plasma was going to be featured in only two episodes, before reappearing again after more or less 80 episodes. But we'll never know what where the original plans. We can only speculate.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I honestly don't see how BW would be different if those episodes weren't canceled.

But I guess that's something we'll never know because I don't think those episodes are ever going to air.

Status
Not open for further replies.