• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Could The Pokemon Co. be another monopoly?

Is The Pokemon Company becoming another monopoly?

• Total voters
What can I say, durring the early days of Pokemon, they were just a small video game franchise. After when The Pokemon Company was established in 2001, it seems like they suddenly became another corprite monopoly. If The Pokemon Company contenues to exspand, what will the future hold for Nintendo and Game Freak? Will there ever be a corprite brake-up?

One good exsample of a massive corpite brakeup was the AT&T and the Bell Companys. It once happened in 1984. Othough, two of those Bell Companys latter rejoined AT&T 20 years after the brake-up.

If The Pokemon Company is close to this status, Ash, Pikachu, and all of the fimilar Pokemon charitures would be leaving Nintendo, and the future Pokemon games would be in syndacation on not just the Nintendo consoldes, but also the Sony and Microsoft video game consoles.

What do you think?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Of course not. You're assuming Pokémon's popularity has always accelerated and will continue to accelerate until it becomes a single-series industry. Pokémon's popularity has had its falls too (particularly after Gold and Silver). It's no longer even mainstream. It's all gone underground.

Besides, I think we can continue to enjoy Mario for a long time.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
I dont really thinks it.

Yes, Pokemon will be another Monopoly, and it kind of already is, since Monopoly already had a kajillion versions and Pokemon's (Very) slowly getting to have around that many. *Still waiting for my Pokemon: Sony and Microsoft versions, dammit >=O*

Wait... wrong one... *Rereads first post* will they break into Sony and Microsoft? Well, weird, since I seriously thought of Sony and Microsoft versions then reread it... seriously, I doubt that's gonna happen. That's like Nintendo making Metroid games for XBox 360.