• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Could There Be More?

Kecleon King

Enterprise Captain
Is it right to have a 5g or is 493 enough? could pokemon make it to 1000? will it lose interest after so long? Will more ruin it? what do you think? ;352;

Unknown Egg

My yolk cures cancer
I can't see myself remembering the names of 1000 Pokémon...But you never know. They make a lot of money off this franchise.

Bonsly is pimp

I AM SO PARALYZED
No I am already bored with D/P I caught them all within 2 weeks. I'm already ready for some new ones.

Koriinku

Shinx <3
If there will be a 5th gen, I hope that'll be the last. Probably less than 50 are new Pokemon, but I guess we'll have to wait a few years for that.

J Ripley

Thunder Trainer
I can't see myself remembering the names of 1000 Pokémon...But you never know. They make a lot of money off this franchise.
Heh, I can't even remember the names of 300 or so Pokémon...let alone 493 or 1,000. Personally, I don't see how they can keep making new Pokémon. There's 493 already, they've got to be running out of ideas.

Bottom line though, if new Pokémon = more money, then there will be new Pokémon.

Unknown Egg

My yolk cures cancer
Yeah, even if 1000 is a ridiculous number, it'll be a sad day to see the last Pokémon game go.

Koriinku

Shinx <3
Lol. 1000 Pokemon seems a bit much. 1000 Pokemon to pick for your team of six? That sucks. Hope 4th or 5th gen will be the last, but it's okay if there's more new Pokemon.

MassivePanda

Goofy time?
I think 493 is too weird a number. If there's gonna be more, it should be around 600, like YellowHat said.

Anything over 700 means they're serious in wanting to create more Pokemon. xD

YellowHat

The Anticool
Well, its not that I wouldn't mind having 1000 pokemon, its just that I recently have started having name trouble. I've never had trouble remembering any names until gen 4 came around. So 1000... wow. Not to mention that I had a really hard time deciding who to leave on my team for Diamond and who not leave off. With 1000 to choose from, I'd be torn apart.

YellowHat

The Anticool
Yeah, but that's the whole problem. I have so many favorites, it was incredibly hard to decide who to put on my team and who to leave out. It would be heartbreaking to see even more pokemon that I'd have to choose from.

KinoshiYokima

Wanting a new world
Personally, I wouldn't be shocked if they reached 1000+. Yes, it would be very saddening to see pokemon stop. I've already memorized all 493, thought I don't know why and how. But remember, every time they release of a new generation, there are some kids who haven't heard of the game yet and would want to try it. Though, if you were a little 10-year-old, it'll be hard to memorize 500+ pokemon unless you're uber smart.

Koriinku

Shinx <3
If more Pokemon are to come in the future, then I hope the limit of six Pokemon per team would be changed into 8-10ish per team.