• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

could zekrom have replaced static with lightningrod

Lunanight

when zekrom attacked pikachu, it looked as if zekrom have absorbed some of pikachu's power and when it recovered: it could have learnt it somehow.

it could be interesting to see how they explain that.

Even if it did not replace static with lightningrod, it could have an important part in the plot as zekrom appears to be the Ho-Oh of ishhu.

----

Discuss

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
I'm not sure I understand the question, honestly.

I didn't see Zekrom do anything beyond electricute Pikachu and Ash and hover around in a malevolent cloud.

Static? Lightningrod? Ho-oh? What?

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
That would be pretty cool. Giving Pikachua new ability could tie in with the whole restart thing too.

Although I think Pikachu's tail can already attract Lightning...Abilities might be a little tricky in the anime compared to the games though..Like Magcargo dosent need to know flame body to burn opponents because its made of Magma(magma hot DX) Lanturn dosent need to know illuminate because it lights up on it's own..I'm sure theres more. But like dman said, Pokemon could have more than one ability at once because of cases like these

Last edited:

Nostalgic Hybrid

Judged By Username
I'm not sure I understand the question, honestly.

I didn't see Zekrom do anything beyond electricute Pikachu and Ash and hover around in a malevolent cloud.

Static? Lightningrod? Ho-oh? What?

I think the point he is trying to make is that the first encounter with Zekrom had left Pikachu with his inability to use electrical moves, but right after the second, he was able to again. Something had to have changed.

Either it'll tie into something later, or it was a method of convenience for Shooti to take advantage of a critical moment.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
^i'm going with it was nothing more than shooti being able to take advantage of things.

hopefully next time they meet Pikachu gets some payback, cause unlike Paul, Shooti's definitely a rookie trainer, so I could see him and Ash being more even than where as with gary and paul it was lopsided until he beat them in the leagues.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Yeah, I already thought of a possible ability "upgrade" for Pikachu. Lightning Rod is now perfect for him now that BW did additional changes to it compared to how the ability was in AG. With this ability, he force-absorbs all electrics and adds them to his Special Attack.

The thing is, in the anime, the new Lightning Rod did happen but for a limited time. One was from VS Takeshi/Brock the 2nd time (although they were idiotic to make us think that could damage Ground-types), VS Rocket Gang/Team Rocket in the 1st AG episode, and VS Tessen/Watson from those robotic Raikou. Except the 1st time, the results show Pikachu suffering from overloaded power and loses fatigue. This time, I'm hoping it doesn't happen again.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Is Lightning Rod an upgrade?

Static is more useful since it paralyzes the opponent and makes Pikachu more likely to hit the sluggish Pokemon with its attacks. Lightning Rod just renders Electric Attacks ineffective which wouldn't be useful in One on One Battles. Pikachu could already sort of do that by " using its tail as a ground ". Maybe in Double and Triple Battles it'd be more useful as Pikachu's first two Team Mates are weak to electricity ... but is it work replacing Static when Pikachu makes contact so much?

dman_dustin

Is Lightning Rod an upgrade?

Static is more useful since it paralyzes the opponent and makes Pikachu more likely to hit the sluggish Pokemon with its attacks. Lightning Rod just renders Electric Attacks ineffective which wouldn't be useful in One on One Battles. Pikachu could already sort of do that by " using its tail as a ground ". Maybe in Double and Triple Battles it'd be more useful as Pikachu's first two Team Mates are weak to electricity ... but is it work replacing Static when Pikachu makes contact so much?

In Black and White it makes the Pokemon immune to Electric type attacks and it raises their Sp. Attack. For something like Goldeen/Seaking Lighting rod is an upgrade. For Pikachu, it would make it similar to Electivire, immune to electric attacks with a stat boost.

I still say Pikachu should just have both.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
What if he had both? I'm sure it could be explained later. Because as much as i want him to get Lightningrod, Static is still pretty useful and it helped out Ash a lot in Sinnoh.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Sure, if he doesn't mind giving again the chance to get himself KO'ed quickly or activate opponent's monster abilities that provide it (looks at Guts and Quick Feet). Even with the differences in anime and games, Static remains less helpful for offensive Pokemon.