• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Couldn't Think of a Name OU team

zerozoner

I designed this team around the following things Type Synergy, No overall weakness to Stealth Rocks, ability lay down entry hazards, while maintaining an offensive front.

212.png

I started off with one of my favorite Pokes of all time Scizor who fits the base criteria well.

212.png
485.png

Since Scizor has some troubles with Fire types I placed Heatran on this team which is a little ironic considering that Heatran is one of the best counters for Scizor.

212.png
485.png
80.png

Slowbro is here to cover both Scizors and Heatrans weaknesses to Fire, Fighting, and Water. And in turn Slowbro is covered by these two steel types. Some people may wonder why I'm using Slowbro instead of Gastrodon with storm drain to block the water weakness and to answer this simply Gastrodons stats and coverage suck compared to Slowbro's.

212.png
485.png
80.png
330.png

After I added Slowbro I took a second look at my synergy and found it lacking in the Electric and Ground type coverage. Gliscor and Landorus instantly came to mind, but I didn't want to have a 4x Ice weakness on something besides a dragon so I went with Flygon who covers those types with immunity and has three team mates that can take Ice attacks with ease.

212.png
485.png
80.png
330.png
205.png

With half of my team resisting Fire I felt save adding Forrtress for hazard set up and Spinning.

212.png
485.png
80.png
330.png
205.png
356.png

Dusclops isn't considered an offensive Pokemon, but you know what they say a good offense is a good defense and that's exactly what Dusclops does. Not to mention he makes an excellent Wall counter himself.

212.png

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break

A basic Offensive Scizor set that allows him to plow through my opponents team.

485.png

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse

set up support and sweeping capabilities combined with some incredible natural bulk make Heatran something to be feared. Still trying to decide on the main Fire type STAB though could use some suggestions.

80.png

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

Leftovers+Regenerator+Slack Off+EVs, gives Slowbro an easy switch in and with STAB Scald and Psyshock not much can wall him effectively. Calm Mind turns him into more of a hard hitting tank.

330.png

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

A scouting version of Flygon with Outrage and Earthquake providing almost perfect STAB coverage of everything with Fire Punch to fill in the holes. U-turn is what makes Flygon a scout.

205.png

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

My second SR setting member of my team and Rapid spinner with insane physical bulk EV spread. Gyro Ball can cause major damage to any speedy sweeper that doesn't resist it. Spikes are another entry hazard in case SR are already on the field.

356.png

Dusclops (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seismic Toss

Nothing new about this set except for maybe the SDef EV spread.​

Last edited:

Darquese

I would go for fire blast on heatran because 120 bp with 85% accuracy is great also i don't think you need stealth rocks on both forretress and heatran because you lose a moveslot i would suggest toxic spikes for forretress.

Last edited:

Swagga09

flamethrower>>>>> lava plume

it's the most reliable. flamethrower will NEVER let you down.

Kierzor

Kinda reminiscing
Could you not get a scizor with superpower instead of brick break i think that would go much better

zerozoner

Could you not get a scizor with superpower instead of brick break i think that would go much better

I could but I would lose my Sword dance boosts.

After two uses, Plus if you switch out a lot then aren't you not going to need to worry about that anyway?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
changes in bold
comments in navy
212.png

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 72 SpD / 88 Spedefences are evened out and speed is just above 200, Attack is maxed out and the rest is dumped into HP, it's my personal preference but that doesn't mean it's yours
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Pursuitgive Pursuit a try, it's handy in the odd situation

485.png

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SAtk / 64 SpeI prefer a defensive Heatran and base 77 Speed really isn't all that good any more but I would wait for other comments before you change it to my recommendation
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Lava PlumeI would go with Lava Plume, the high chance to burn is well worth it, that said, it doesn't gel well with your sweeping EV spread
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse

80.png

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)max out Defence on a defensive Calm Mind booster
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Yawnseriously give Yawn a try and see if you like it, your team also has a lot of entry hazards which helps a lot

330.png

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

nothing wrong here

205.png

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 DefI prefer mixed defences but knowing Foretress, best to stick with what you have
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rapid Spin
- Volt SwitchForretrss' Gyro Ball isn't all that strong, go with Volt Switch to get you out of that pickle
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes / Pain Splityou already have a Stealth Rock user, best if you stick with one and go with Toxic Spikes, however Forretress has access to Split Which can be useful at healing and can work incredibly well in sync with Sturdy

356.png

Dusclops (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDefconsider slipping a few EVs into Defence, I prefer using some of the EVs in HP but it's up to you
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)max out Special Defence due to Will-O-Wisp crippling physical attacker
- Pain SplitI hate Rest Talk strategies especially on Dusclops who has access to Pain Split, use it instead
- Disable / Tauntas for the second slot, look up what more Rapid Spin users are threatened by and choose from there
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seismic Toss / Night Shadethink about Dusclops' counters and your teams weaknesses, do more Normal or Ghost types threaten them, decide between Seismic Toss and Night Shade that way

For Heatran, I'd consider Lava Plume over Flamethrower and Fire Blast. Lava Plume is only slightly weaker than Flamethrower, but has a 30% Burn chance which is great. Fire Blast is strong but 85% accuracy isn't what I'd prefer. I always stick with 90% and up.

Scizor isn't gonna outspeed a lot of things with 252 Spd EVs and an Adamant nature. Just put those Spd EVs into HP. I'd prefer Superpower over Brick Break cause you can just Swords Dance.

qwerty1111

breeder/battler
i dont think scizor would work well as a lead
it isn't very fast
forretress should be your lead because entry hazards are always good at the beggining
personally, i like the choice banded scizor set with pursuit, bullet punch, u turn and brick break

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
i would run night shade on clops. It is more important you can take out otherwise threatening fighting types such as conk IMO. Also on that note if you can run a relaxed nature. The extra speed does you no good, and you wanna be slower than conk so it's a 50BP payback.

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
If Scizor is your lead, Pursuit is what you want. If up against a Psychic, it will eventually have a base power of 120. Plus, its Super Effective! Or just use it when you think they'll switch.

Flamethrover is way-to-go, as Heat Wave is for doubles, and Fire Blast is more for a Wide Lens set. It's simply more accrate. And the Hax could mess you upp, greatly.

Q-questionmark? Why is there a Stealth Rock on both Heatran and Forretress? I would consider Toxic Spikes, as it also helps your Stalling whith Dusclops, and Forretress itself. Just two layers, and they're poison'd.

Now that also means Dusclops WoW has lowered use. You could put in Brick Break here, exhanging Seismic toss whith Night Shade. I can see why you choosed Rest over Pain Split, but if you could manage to squeeze in a Pokemon whith Heal Bell, that would be solved. Unfortunaly, there aint so many good 'Beller's, so Aromatherapy could also be listed. Or a Safeguard instead of Brick Break, which would stop Flygons Confusion from Outrage.

zerozoner

Wow thanks for all the comments everyone, now to work through some of the suggestions. Note: I'm not going to quote everyone cause it would make this post to long.

ParaChomp: Thanks for the move set and EV suggestions I'll give them a try, but I plan on keeping Slowbro and Dusclops the way they are, their current sets has saved me several times. Also I hate using Toxic spikes cause a poison type instantly gets ride of them and I would have just wasted my time setting them up.

qwerty1111: True Scizor's speed can be a hindrance, so I usually lead with Flygon. Leading with Forrtress is just asking to be taunted by faster leads.

Simipour: Seismic Toss>Night Shade due to fact that there is no STAB for these moves and that there are more normal types in OU than Ghost who would be immune to Night Shade. I'll give Relaxed nature a run on Dusclops since the speed won't be missed.

bug pro: seems like everyone is asking about why I have two Stealth Rock setters, the simple answer is just in case one of them goes down before they can set up and my teams strategy would need to be completely altered if I used Toxic Spikes. Not that it would be a bad thing I just have enough to problems to work out on this team without having to re-haul it for one move. Any suggestions for a good Heal Bell/Aromatherapy user?

Kierzor

Kinda reminiscing
you could give him a choice band to give him massive attack so you dont need to worry about swords dance

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Manaphy, Togekiss, Blissey, Uxie, and all Eeveeoulutions.

zerozoner

okay I've made some changes that where suggested to my team and will continue to do so, but I'm currently having trouble with Rain teams so any suggestions on new team members that can neutralize this problem?

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
okay I've made some changes that where suggested to my team and will continue to do so, but I'm currently having trouble with Rain teams so any suggestions on new team members that can neutralize this problem?
Kick Flygon for:

Jolteon @Wise Glasses/Focus Sash
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Signal Beam
Heal bell