• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Quack

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Time for another PSA this time about plagiarism!

- PSA -

*at an academy dorm*

Buznut: Hey hey hey! My paper is finally done! Now to submit it to my teacher! *submits paper online*

Larry: I need to get me gold as soon as possible. These papers are lame! I'll just copy this entire article, put a bit of me words into the mix, and turn it in! *Does all that and submits paper online*

- The next day -

Paul: Hi, you stole. ·=(

Larry: I didn't steal any gold yet, lad.

Paul: I mean you stole words from this article nearly from word to word. You get a zero and are punished. >·=(

Chew-Chew: I WANT MEAT *tears into Larry for plagiarizing*

Narrator: Remember to not steal other's work and use them as your own. Doing so will get you torn apart by a parody of a cute small anime mascot creature.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.

'Larry deserves this'

Does he though? Is Larry the martyr for all our sins? Larry is weak, cruel and pitiful but so is everyone at the worse of times, do we condemn Larry because of who he is or is it because of what he represents? And what is it that he even represents? Perhaps a shadow reflection of our true selves? Do we let Larry suffer this cruel and disproportionate punishment so that we ourselves are free from such guilt, or when we let him suffer is it because we let ourselves suffer and if we are in pain why shouldn't everyone else be? Are we judging Larry by who is now or by who he was, who we remember him to be? Do we wish to see Larry punished because we see ourselves in him and fear that we too deserve punishement? Or maybe we are made guilty merely by wishing to see Larry punished?

Larry strives for his gold but we are all striving for something are we not? Do we hold him to an impossible standard, and are we ourselves beholden to the same standard? By punishing Larry vile acts with further vile acts are we truly any better than he, is that what we'd like to think, a nice comfortable lie? I can only assume that Larry as always will survive this encounter but what will it teach him, will he be a better man because of it?

The threat of punishment will surely loom over Larry now, so will he now be good, will he be obedient, like a good little solider? Obedient to whom though? Who has the right to decide what's best? And if fear of punishment is what got Larry into line then is he truly good? Doing good out of fear is not true good, one does true good by choice, and so by forcing Larry's hand with an instrument of fear we have stunted his growth into a better person have we not? We hear priests and such say 'do good or you will be punished' there is this idea of a hell for sinners, to scare people into goodness, if this is the truth then I do not want it, true good is not done in hope of reward nor fear of punishment. But maybe those telling others to do good for such reasons are doing it to make the world a safer place, is it then justified?

Perhaps we should not judge Larry so harshly, after all if we show him kindness, maybe he will learn it's value?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty

keepitsimple

site of lies

'Larry deserves this'

Does he though? Is Larry the martyr for all our sins? Larry is weak, cruel and pitiful but so is everyone at the worse of times, do we condemn Larry because of who he is or is it because of what he represents? And what is it that he even represents? Perhaps a shadow reflection of our true selves? Do we let Larry suffer this cruel and disproportionate punishment so that we ourselves are free from such guilt, or when we let him suffer is it because we let ourselves suffer and if we are in pain why shouldn't everyone else be? Are we judging Larry by who is now or by who he was, who we remember him to be? Do we wish to see Larry punished because we see ourselves in him and fear that we too deserve punishement? Or maybe we are made guilty merely by wishing to see Larry punished?

Larry strives for his gold but we are all striving for something are we not? Do we hold him to an impossible standard, and are we ourselves beholden to the same standard? By punishing Larry vile acts with further vile acts are we truly any better than he, is that what we'd like to think, a nice comfortable lie? I can only assume that Larry as always will survive this encounter but what will it teach him, will he be a better man because of it?

The threat of punishment will surely loom over Larry now, so will he now be good, will he be obedient, like a good little solider? Obedient to whom though? Who has the right to decide what's best? And if fear of punishment is what got Larry into line then is he truly good? Doing good out of fear is not true good, one does true good by choice, and so by forcing Larry's hand with an instrument of fear we have stunted his growth into a better person have we not? We hear priests and such say 'do good or you will be punished' there is this idea of a hell for sinners, to scare people into goodness, if this is the truth then I do not want it, true good is not done in hope of reward nor fear of punishment. But maybe those telling others to do good for such reasons are doing it to make the world a safer place, is it then justified?

Perhaps we should not judge Larry so harshly, after all if we show him kindness, maybe he will learn it's value?
okay fine but Gary sucks

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Larry is unfortunately dumb to where he’d believe a volcano would have his gold and jump right into it.

- Flashback -

keepitsimple: Larry your gold is inside this volcano.

Larry: Me gold! *jumps into volcano and gets incinerated*

Dragalge: Larry stop playing around in there. Unless you’re having fun then we’ll leave you to it.

keepitsimple: Agreed *both walk away*

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

keepitsimple

site of lies
23 sorry @AgentKallus but I held a poll on the ct60 discord server™️ and while you make an interesting argument, the majority has decided that Larry is still cancelled. personally, I'm with them and it's best that we don't mess with the dynamic. at least you inspired a conversation, sort of