• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Counterattack (Semi Competitive RMT)

Ampy

Light The Stars
Ok, so lately I've seen people dissing a particular Anti-lead and I want to prove them wrong. I've also been wanting to make a new team that I can use competitievly and IG so I thought I might as well do it based around this Anti-lead. I'd really like the people that don't know what they are talking about to not rate this team. I'm trying not to be so rude to you, and that's why I said it nicely. People seem to be basing their teams around SR alot lately and I decided to make a team that can easily block it out. Well without further ado, here's the team

Spr_4p_461_f.png

Weavile@Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Taunt
Counter
Night Slash
Fake Out

Well here he is. He's an amazing Anti-lead, who is extremely underrated, critized, and dissed because "he's to fragile". Well, Game Freak had a smart moment for once, and created a nifty thing called the Focus Sash. Weavile's amazing Speed and Attack allow him to pull this off rather easily. Fake Out is to break Sashed Leads like Azelf, and mess up their SR with Taunt the next turn. I probably won't be using Counter against a LeadZelf but meh, that's what Night Slash is there for. I chose Night Slash over Ice Punch, since the only common lead Ice Punch really hits is Aerodactyl who isn't overly common anyways.

Spr_4d_251.png

Celebi@Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spe
Leech Seed
Grass Knot
Recover
Earth Power

I love this thing... wonder why I've never used it before. This set, can be extremely annoying and can mess the opponent up entirely. Grass Knot hits TTar, Swampert and the occasional Rypherior hard. Recover is to well... Recover :D. Earth Power for additonal coverage. Leech Seed is the main move of the set as it is the first part in the "annoyance procedure".

Spr_4d_376.png

Metagross@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Bullet Punch
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Meteor Mash

I'm really not good with this guy, but I've wanted to try one for awhile now. As far as I've seen, it's an absolute beast. Bullet Punch makes a great revenge kill and will dent anything (bar Heatran and Magnezone). Earthquake and Ice Punch for additional coverage and Meteor Mash for powerful STAB. I'm not really sure about Meteor Mash but I think it fits in quite nicely.

Spr_4p_485.png

Heatran@Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Atk
Flamethrower
Earth Power
HP Ice
Explosion

Yep, Standard ScarfTran. Flamethrower for good STAB, and better PP and Accuracy then Fire Blast which has failed me so many times. Earth Power with decent coverage alongside Flamethrower, HP Ice for coverage and Explosion for destroying before I'm taken down.

Spr_4p_134.png

Vaporeon@Choice Specs
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 SpA/252 HP/4 SpD
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
HP Electric
Shadow Ball

Yep. Bet you've never seen this before. Vaporeon is actually quite a viable Specs user as it has great bulk and the Special Attack to benefit from it. Hydro Pump for powerful STAB, and Vaporeon has enough bulk to take a hit or 2 if it misses. Ice Beam for coverage, and HP Electric for hitting Gyarados, and making a good check. Shadow Ball is just filler.

Spr_4d_149.png

Dragonite@Life Orb
Rash Nature
EVs: 196 Atk/112 SpA/200 Spe
Extremespeed
Draco Meteor
Brick Break
Outrage

Screw Salamence. This thing is way better. Draggy was very fortunate and gained ES in HG/SS, allowing it to be a decent revenge killer. Draco Meteor for Special STAB, Outrage for Physical STAB, Extremespeed for revenge killing and Brick Break for perfect coverage with Outrage (unless there is a Ghost/Steel that I don't know of)​

Don't look at this to competitively... I'll probably be using it more IG then anything.

AlCario

Banned
I suggest Superpower > Brick Break on Dragonite, b/c the added power can help a lot. And Vaporeon only needs 188 HP EVs, since it already has high HP and that is a leftovers threshold. So, 188 HP / 68 Def / 252 SpA should work.

Otherwise, seems all right. I can't be bothered to think of any competitive threats.

Poke_noob

black trainer
everything seems good although your using a bit strange attacks on some pokemons.
but weavile should look like this:

weavile-focus sash
adamant
-ice punch
-night slash
-brick break
-aerial ace/blizzard (if you want more power)

Bossk

Like a champ.
everything seems good although your using a bit strange attacks on some pokemons.
but weavile should look like this:

weavile-focus sash
adamant
-ice punch
-night slash
-brick break
-aerial ace/blizzard (if you want more power)

I'd really like the people that don't know what they are talking about to not rate this team.

^Thanks Poke_noob

Okay, well honestly, I never knew of this Weavile, so my apologies.

Also, I think it's fine, except Alcario said it. But I think Brick Break will be fine because of Screens, but for power, go for Super Power

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
If you're thinking of using Vappy as a Specs user, there's several bulky water types that do a far better job, namely Milotic and Suicune. Suicune can even run the same moveset. However, if you're dead set on using Vappy as such, move the Def on Al's set to Sp.Def, b/c Vappy won't be surviving any physical attacks anyway.

Ampy

Light The Stars
^Not really... Vaporeon has much more power behind his attacks, and really don't see why I shouldn't max out HP since I'm not using leftovers.. mehh, I'll try it

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^Actually, you're absoultely right about the Ev's, so just Max Hp.

However, Vappy's Physical Defense is frail, and it only has 10 more base Sp.Atk points than Milotic, for less defense. Suicune is twenty points behind, but it's infinitely bulkier. Meh, whatever, do what you like with Vappy, it might actually work.

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
All in all, I can't say I'm too impressed by the structure of this team. You've got a relatively unpopular anti-lead lead (who may actually work out, to be honest), but then you back it up with a semi-tanking Celebi and... three Choice sweepers and one Life Orb sweeper. So there's really not much of a solid backbone to anchor this team. Vaporeon and Celebi are your bulkiest Pokemon, and one of them is a gimmick Specs sweeper. None of your sweepers can safely come in on a hit, and there's not much type synergy going on that guarantees entrance on resisted hits (barring Dragonite covering Heatran's ground weakness).

QuakeEdge weak, and I don't think Vaporeon would appreciate either of those attacks. Honestly, this team looks rather quickly put together, am I right?

Salamence loves this team, with the exception of Vaporeon. At +1 (Dragon Dance), he isn't afraid of Heatran either.

Ampy

Light The Stars
^Meh, you're right... I've actually decided not to put this into competitive so let's scratch that. I was in a rush and I had to get to bed... I'll look it over and try to fix what I can :/