• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Countering Skarmbliss: A pet peeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
As always, a standard LOMixApe destroys both of them with Flamethrower and CC respectively.

Now let this topic die.

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
Fishyfool, learn what a counter is before you post.

Life Orb Ape doesnt counter Skarm-Bliss, Life Orb Ape BEATS Skarm-Bliss.

Life Orb Ape cannot switch into a STANDARD Skarmory Brave bird, as it will get KO'd, and if it doesnt, the life orb recoil from ONE attack will kill it, meaning it fails to counter Skarm-Bliss.

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
Fishyfool, learn what a counter is before you post.

Life Orb Ape doesnt counter Skarm-Bliss, Life Orb Ape BEATS Skarm-Bliss.

Life Orb Ape cannot switch into a STANDARD Skarmory Brave bird, as it will get KO'd, and if it doesnt, the life orb recoil from ONE attack will kill it, meaning it fails to counter Skarm-Bliss.

He never mentioned the word "counter". He just said it destroyed them. Whatever he meant with that I don't know though.

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
Yeah true, but still the title is ''Countering' skarmbliss: A pet peeve' so most people that post pokemon here are refering to 'countering' unless stated otherwise because there posting into a thread which is how to counter skarm-bliss.

Either way, people that post infernape as a skarm-bliss counter are wrong, and the first post makes me lol. this thread needs locking or the first post needs updating, because people who want to know how to counter skarm-bliss are gonna look through here and see the first post and other posts that say mixape is a counter, then there gonna use it and get OHKO'd by a brave bird switch in, and be like "WDF, that thread lied!!!" lol.

Rad3n

Banned
It is time to kill this thread... right now!

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Quiet - Sandstream
252 HP / 60 Atk / 168 SpA / 28 Spe
~Thunderbolt
~Focus Punch
~Substitute
~Dark Pulse

Boah = Dead SkarmBliss. 404 Subs. Resistance to Brave Bird. Neutrality to Ice Beam and Thunderbolt. Status prevention in substitute. Faster than Blissey. 100/100/100 defences. Focus Punch and Thunderbolt destroy SkarmBliss easily. They could be 4HKOs and Boah could still do it.

Close thread now...

darkcrobat

snoopy ppl suck
i think skarmbliss are very easy to beat skarm witha good thunderbolt or flametrower do to it lack of Sp def and the same way blissey but with def

Magmortar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 152 Atk/244 Spd/112 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt

Sudo's Magmortar does the trick too as for the above poster, ur a wanker

Machiki

Machiki In Teh House
NP MixApe is the best. The one with this moveset:

Nasty Plot
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Close Combat
Grass Knot/HP Ice

Close Combat for Blissey and Flamethrower for Skarmory, and it outspeeds both with 24 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Spe as the EVs. And a Blissey always switches out on Infernape, so Nasty Plot can be used to sweep a bigger portion of the team.

It is time to kill this thread... right now!

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Quiet - Sandstream
252 HP / 60 Atk / 168 SpA / 28 Spe
~Thunderbolt
~Focus Punch
~Substitute
~Dark Pulse

Boah = Dead SkarmBliss. 404 Subs. Resistance to Brave Bird. Neutrality to Ice Beam and Thunderbolt. Status prevention in substitute. Faster than Blissey. 100/110/100 defences. Focus Punch and Thunderbolt destroy SkarmBliss easily. They could be 4HKOs and Boah could still do it.

Close thread now...

sorry, i had to.

Infernape@ Expert Belt
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Naive
EVS: 252 Sp.Atk/ 156 Spe/ 100 HP

- Flamethrower
- Close Combat
- *filler*
- *filler*

could of gone all out on HP but decided to keep it usable, EVs outspeed Jolly Lucario, Timid Roserade and P-Z all things it scores necesary KO's on.

golduck#1

omg you cant be serious kinder. you said "your a w***er" to a poster for saying a mixape and what did yuo do . you do the same

Machiki

Machiki In Teh House
sorry, i had to.

Infernape@ Expert Belt
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Naive
EVS: 252 Sp.Atk/ 156 Spe/ 100 HP

- Flamethrower
- Close Combat
- *filler*
- *filler*

could of gone all out on HP but decided to keep it usable, EVs outspeed Jolly Lucario, Timid Roserade and P-Z all things it scores necesary KO's on.

No, you'd actually have to fill both the fillers

Here's what it should be:

- Flamethrower
- Close Combat
- Nasty Plot
- Grass Knot

If you keep just using Flamethrower and CC, it'd be hard to deal with people who know how to predict. Nasty Plot is for the obvious switch-to-skarmory-on-close-combat when the opponent is using Blissey. Second, Grass Knot. You should know that Skarmory and Blissey aren't the ONLY ones on their team. Yeah, Swampert would be an excellent counter for Mixape. It can switch in on Flamethrowers EASILY. Infernape can outspeed it but can't OHKO it with Close combat (and obviously not flamethrower), GRASS KNOT! Btw that is the set Smogon gives.

SO FLAMETHROWER AND CLOSE COMBAT ALONE CAN'T KILL SKARMBLISS!

edit: OH YEAH! STARMIE IS AN EVEN BETTER COUNTER! INFERNAPE OUTSPEEDS IT! SO GRASS KNOT IS NEEDED

Last edited:
omg you cant be serious kinder. you said "your a w***er" to a poster for saying a mixape and what did yuo do . you do the same

my set worked since it doesnt take LO damage, it survives the brave bird and OHKOs both. so yes , i am serious. though i think maggy and boah work better, just throwing another in for good measure.

and Machiki i can seeing as NP and grass Knot dont help me beat SkarmBliss. countering doesnt mean to kill it means to come in and pose an immediate threat either forcing to switch or stay in and die.

XXXD

Bored
electivire can work alright, it does in the tower anyway
electivre
lum berry
thunderbolt
cross chop
ice punch
earthquake
with thunderbolt to kill skarmory and CC for blissey - possibly exchange ice punch for light screen to dampen the psychics etc.

Volteon

Back I guess??
kinder suprise said:
countering doesnt mean to kill it means to come in and pose an immediate threat either forcing to switch or stay in and die.

Huh... Lol?

xP

Anyways, we're not getting anything more from this, so there's few to no reason to let this opened.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.