• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Countering Skarmbliss: A pet peeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Blaziken just hasn't the same speed as MixApe, though...but does have the superior offensive stats. Good show.

Beat Up's calculated, I think, by your pokemon's Base Attack or something. Serebii can do with info on that like...it can break Subs FTW. 10 base power is balls, though

I think Salamence is the best counter, first off, they don't know if it's CB or CS (obviouslu, there are other variants, but these two pack the most damage to their "wall of choice"), second, even Blissey can't take on a max SpAtk CS Draco Meteor, let alone Skarmory. I'm vouching for mence to be on that list.

Surging_Chaos

The Blissey Killer!
What about Salamence? With the ability to wreak havoc on both the special and physical spectra, you can easily make your opponent pay by mispredicting. Remember, there is still the good physical sweeper set that is perfectly good out there Specs addicts. :p

Also, anything with Trick screws over either poke. Give them a Choice item and watch Skarm or Bliss suffer. The combination is substantially easier to handle when one of the pokes goes down.

Hydro King

The Water Master
What about Hitmonlee? He could easily take down Skarmory and Blissey. (I should know, 'cause I have one)
edit: and why is Pikachu better than Raichu? I looked on Serebii Pokedex and it shows that Raichu has higher stats than Pikachu.

Volteon

Back I guess??
Light Orb makes Pika have higher attack and S.atk (double)

And how can Hitmonlee counter them both? I don't think Blaze kick does more than 53% to Skarm.

Hydro King

The Water Master
Oh, okay.
Even though Skarmory has whopping defense stat, Hitmonlee also has a whopping attack stat. Thus his Blaze Kick would do a great amount of damage to Skarmory, mabey even KOing it. (not to mention that it has a very high critical hit ratio)
If it doesn't kill it, (although it probably will) just have the next Pokemon you send out finish the job.

Volteon

Back I guess??
Well, Hitmonlee is also blocked against Cresselia, so it doesn't add something new, and Hitmonlee must be choiced in order than 2HKO Skarm. Life Orb does less to 53%, failing to 2HKO.

Hydro King

The Water Master
Only 12% chance of a critical hit? I thought it was more than that. It was almost always a critical hit for me...
Besides, as I said, even if it doesn't kill him, you can always use another Pokemon with a good type advantage to finish him.

Bobby Emerald

The Poke-expert
There's still a good chance that Blaze Kick could have a critical hit. (I've used it a lot of times, and most end up being critical.)

You shouldn't always rely on 12%

How is the percentage of critical hits calculated anyway? I wanted to know this for a long time.

Volteon

Back I guess??
level 1: 6.25%
2: 12.5%
3: 25%
4: 33.3%
5: 50%

All attacks starts in Level 1. Then the things that makes the Pokémon gain level are...
High Critical Hit Ratio (Leaf Blade, Blaze Kick, Slash, etc) = +1
Scope Lens = +1
Super Luck = +1
Stick = +2
Lucky Punch = +2
Focus Energy = +1
...That berry (>_<) = +1

I think it's only.

spawngod316

I'm just a thinker
I still think Magmortar is an excellent, underrated counter to the Skarmbliss. It could take out Skaramary like it's leaves in a fire! And with him being able to be bred Cross Chop, it can't OHKO Blissy (unless it's a critical hit), but 2 HKO blissy is pretty darn nice!

Pr1me_Minister

Super Kawaii ^_^
True. Mixape with Flamethrower and CC counters SkarmBliss, but is rendered obsolete to Cresselia, which is why when I get to start playing online I'm invoking a Cress Ban.

Of course, the true connoiseur for SkarmBliss always has Rest over Roost, as with that landing, Rhyperior can demolish Skarm on the ground with EQ...

As soon as someone makes a Base 255 HP, 135 Def pokemon, itBliss things will be banned in the metagame for being broken.

But you can use a hit-and-run attack with U-Turn, this bug-type attack can deal some decent damage to Cresselia and instantly allows you to switch to other Pokemon.

It's also great to get rid of the stats reductions after using Close Combat.

Bobby Emerald

The Poke-expert
level 1: 6.25%
2: 12.5%
3: 25%
4: 33.3%
5: 50%

All attacks starts in Level 1. Then the things that makes the Pokémon gain level are...
High Critical Hit Ratio (Leaf Blade, Blaze Kick, Slash, etc) = +1
Scope Lens = +1
Super Luck = +1
Stick = +2
Lucky Punch = +2
Focus Energy = +1
...That berry (>_<) = +1

I think it's only.

Thanks, this helps a lot. I have a Honchkrow with Super Luck+Night Slash+Razor Claw, I was wondering why he wasn't getting critical hits like crazy already. :p

Bryl

Banned
True. Mixape with Flamethrower and CC counters SkarmBliss, but is rendered obsolete to Cresselia, which is why when I get to start playing online I'm invoking a Cress Ban.QUOTE]

Banning Cress because you can't handle it? People like you are the laughing stock of the metagame....

And why isn't Tyraniboah listed? Focus Punch with 101 Subs and Thunderbolt definitely crushes Skarmbliss...

Status
Not open for further replies.