• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Countering Skarmbliss: A pet peeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfclaw

Ns_Lightningstream
You guys know that Infernape with 24 attk EVs and a Hasty nature (standard EV set) doesn't kill Blissey when it uses Close Combat?

69.89% - 82.35%

And I see HippoBliss more often....

Raito

HADOUKEN!
Did you factor in Life Orb, that should being it up to about 92%

and it's 56 evs that KOs Bliss. 24 is for Lax iirc.

Wolfclaw

Ns_Lightningstream
Oh, right, yeah, forgot about that darn life Orb. Sorry. But Blissey does need some residual damage first before it's KOed...

mudkip master

Surf's up Mudkip
if i see a blissy in a team and a skarmary in the party ill use my alakazams shock wave
heheh "SUPER EFFECTIVE" mwahahahahah

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Is there a reason Caterpie is listed? If someone found a good use for Caterpie they are awesome.

J-Double24

Personally I think a gewd mixape is the best defense against Skarm bliss, It can nasty plot on the skarm thus scaring it out and switchin to bliss and then you can close combat the bliss!

Seds

Boulder Trainer
Dragon Dance Life Orb-d brick break Salamence OHKOs Blissey and Skarmory (with fire blast)

Choice Band heracross 2HKOs Skarmory with CLOSE COMBAT and OHKOs blissey with megahorn, or close combat.

RICH

mixape is definetly the best counter to skarmbliss

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
mixape is definetly the best counter to skarmbliss

Wrong. It will hate switching into Skarm's Brave Bird / Drill Peck or Blissey's Thunder Wave. Same for Blaziken.

Electivire could care less about Skarmory's attacks and gains a boost from Thunder Wave. It is the best counter.

You guys know that Infernape with 24 attk EVs and a Hasty nature (standard EV set) doesn't kill Blissey when it uses Close Combat?

69.89% - 82.35%

You forgot to factor in the Life Orb carried on that standard set. 94.18% - 110.76% damage to 148 HP / 252 Def Bold Blissey.

Ace The Punk

A Blue Moon Addict.
Personally I think a gewd mixape is the best defense against Skarm bliss, It can nasty plot on the skarm thus scaring it out and switchin to bliss and then you can close combat the bliss!

Just a couple of things wrong with that senario...
1. Your average Skarmory isn't gonna switch out on nasty plot, its gonna brave bird you into oblivion, leaving you without your precious mixape, and therefor no counter.
2. Even if you did manage to force Skarmory to switch out with a nasty plot, unless you have life orb, your not gonna faint blissly with close combat.
Plus, mixape has already been suggested so many times its not funny.

AphasiaDyslexia

The Iron Fist
Something different?

I have a Zangoose set up with sub, sdance, focus punch, fire blast.

Never had a problem destroying either wall with him.

o_O

Last edited:

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
oke .... what is your point ? i hate blissey. skarmory is ok but he needs a evo.

Come on...

Skarmbliss is nowhere near as good as it was last gen. Loads of things easily own the combo now.

Mixape, SpecsLuke, Mixvire, CB Hera, clever Taunt users...the list goes on.

There are better physical walls than Skarmory anyway now. Hippowdon and Gliscor to name two.

deepening

The Pope
I think we all have agreed that Infernape IS the best counter against Scarmabliss.

I dunno if anyone can give an estimate damage, but I was thinking that a Charizard could work. Fire type and high special attacks kills Skarmory, but for Blissey, it can learn Focus Punch, Brick Break (but likely not), and Focus Blast, which is very possible on a Charizard. And if a Charizard faces a Blissey, a Belly Drummer Charizard could take out Blissey in one hit, and I'm not sure on Charizard, but max attack, maximum attack boost, and Blaze bonus from a fire punch against a Skarmory has gotta hurt!

Stealth rock variations of skarmory will laugh in your face if you try this

A skarm evo would have to be UBER. Unless they made it a completely useless EVO, that only inproved Sp. Att or summin :p

Well, they gave Chansey an evo, and Chansey is stronger than Skarmory (although Blissey is almost uber I guess). Plus, if Skarmory gets an evolution they'll probably do something like they did with Magneton, Scyther, Electabuzz, Porygon 2, Magmar, etc. and decrease some stats after the evolution to stop it from becoming too good.

Mr. Charlie

Well, they gave Chansey an evo, and Chansey is stronger than Skarmory (although Blissey is almost uber I guess). Plus, if Skarmory gets an evolution they'll probably do something like they did with Magneton, Scyther, Electabuzz, Porygon 2, Magmar, etc. and decrease some stats after the evolution to stop it from becoming too good.

Not really. It is the best special wall ever, no doubt about that, but so many things can counter it. Even combos like Skarmbliss or HippoBliss can be easily countered with right prediction. Electwire really comes to mind, not to mention MixApe, more aggressive Physical Sweepers with a move that is super effective against Skarmory or whatever the physical wall is.
Maybe it's stuck between the tiers of OU and Uber, but would never fit in the super aggressive Uber env.
They gave Chansey an evo because in 1st - 2nd generation shift, Chansey lost a lot of offensive power, and they wanted to balance it with something. Since they never did (and I believe never will) change any Base Stats of any Pokemon, they decided to give it an evolution that could counter the so powerful and unbeatable 1st gen Psychics. At least that's what I think. Blissey was the Queen of 2nd Gen (with probably Snorlax as King), but since then, she is losing on every gen shift, think EV's, reducing her special walling capabilities, think Garchomp, immune to the ever common Thunder Wave, think Close Combat, which now replaces Cross Chop as most reliable fighting move and is available to Heracross, and think Life Orb, which gives many Mixed Sweepers a nice opportunity to OHKO her with the right move and still be highly effective against it's Physical counterpart.

Status
Not open for further replies.