• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Country Music

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
I keep wondering if I am the only person who likes country music. Who else here listens to country music? What's your favorite song? How long have you liked Country music? Where are you from? I want to know if country music is only in one part of the world or not.
I love country music. My all time favorite song is God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton and a close second is Honey Bee also by Blake Shelton. I have always loved country music. I am from Indiana where I developed my love for it then moved to Arkansas for 7 and a half years and now I am back in Arkansas.

Wartiger97

The Forester
Hey Blake Shelton is pretty good but Tim McGrae is one of the bests hands down but one of my favorite songs has to be Riding With Private Malone by David Ball

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Eh, I don't care for country music. My mom listens to the stations all the time, so I grew to tolerate them. (It's better than rap and most other songs of the day, that's for sure.) I don't have a favorite song, since there are too many I can't remember the names to, and I never remember to look up the songs on YouTube. *shrugs* If I had to choose, I guess I'll go with "I Wanna Talk About Me" by Toby Keith, since that's the song that's in my head right now.

My papa probably listens to '50s/60s country, if it's not rock on the tapes he has. It helped contribute to my liking them. *looks up a few artists* I guess it's rock music he has. Which is weird, since he loves Westerns, I expected country music from him. Yeah, I dunno.

EDIT: Wait, I changed my mind. It's "I Got a Brand New Girlfriend". No, wait... "Pray For You". No, it's "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk". Naw, "Cotton-Eyed Joe". Yeah, that's it.

Last edited:

~Kari~

I don't listen to country much, except Taylor Swift. My favorite song has to be You Belong With Me or Better Than Revenge.

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
I don't like country music it makes me sleepy.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I'm neutral on Country music, as I am with pretty much all genres. My favourite country song has to be If I Die Young by The Band Perry.

Part of me wishes I'd been born in the Deep South so I'd could have grown up around country music (and been a white-suited southern gentleman, but that's beside the point). So I have a minor knowledge but strong interest in country music.

The best album I bought in 2010 was Caitlin Rose's Own Side Now, which was fantastic. I also love the Byrds' attempts at country, Hank Williams, and a few other songs which I've listened to and liked but not really caught the name of the artist. Also a big fan of Creedence Clearwater, who have hints of country in their music.

Country is pretty swish though, as is its fellow rural relative folk.

Last edited:

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
I don't really have a preference toward music genres. I like some Country songs and/or Artists, but I can pretty much listen to all of Taylor Swift's songs :)

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Part of me wishes I'd been born in the Deep South so I'd could have grown up around country music (and been a white-suited southern gentleman, but that's beside the point). So I have a minor knowledge but strong interest in country music.

I have to admit this made me chuckle.

I grew up listening to country music. I honestly can't remember my mother ever listening to anything else. As a result, I really like 80s/90s country music. I'm not a fan of some of the newer artists (can't stand Carrie Underwood, Sugarland, Taylor Swift, or that kid that just won the last American Idol). I do like some newer artist, though. I love Lady Antebellum's music. And to be honest, as much as I dislike some of the new artists in the genre, I don't think there will ever be a time where I stop listening to those stations completely.