• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Couples you can see happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Discuss couples you can see happening, regardless if you like it or not.

Honestly I just made this thread because something just hit me. You know what would be arguably the most scariest and most terrifying couple of the Pokemon series lol that you may be wondering if this is a romance or a horror movie? Colress + Sird being an item. For those who've seen or read Soul Eater, they would be the Dr. Franken Stein and Medusa of Pokemon lol, crazed ruthless mad scientists hellbent on achieving their goals no matter the cost.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I think it all comes down to subtext presented or and what one makes of/takes from it.

Take, for example, Professor Oak x Agatha. I didn't take the pairing seriously--heck, I didn't even think about it--until I pulled the latter in Pokemon Masters and she would not let up about old Sammy for a second during her Sync Story.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Not counting official couples like Kukui and Burnett...

Ash and Serena is the most obvious choice.

Followed by Ash and Misty if they remain on friendly terms and not go into a heated argument (which always pushes them part).

Brock always has the worst luck but he could have his chances with Olivia, Holly or Lucy. A friend of mine once suggested pairing Brock with Jasmine, which is an interesting pairing.

Go and Koharu do have potentially great chemistry together, especially with polar opposite personalities. I haven't seen much of them but based on what I saw, they can become a fine couple in their future.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Wow. Pokemon Masters sure knows how to lay it on THICK...

08c1b7568a760043636abd097e03304bab690b31.png

1cff28fa63dc5ee40883eb49a2c4bb171eaffcfe.png
I guess Ryuki just couldn't cut it.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
That previous post was actually an edit. I can't compete against the real Adventures thing. :D

Kiryn

PokeAni:

For me personally, RocketShipping seems like a no-brainer. I think the most recent episode like it happened in XY, but it seems like there are so many opportunities where they (Jessie especially) could leave Team Rocket and get with someone else, but they always end up choosing to stay together above all else. Also, there was that one Pokemon Chronicles episode, "Training Daze", where James essentially promised to always be there for Jessie, like.....they're so devoted to each other, and what other relationship could they ever have with someone else that could top it? I don't think it'd be possible! They even all perform the Z-Moves together, regardless of whose Pokemon is actually the one using the move! They're just such soulmates, I cannot even begin to picture them with anyone else.

JellowShipping is also just....so much for my heart to handle. Like.....they full on had an episode that out and out referenced them in the roles of the f/f main romantic couple from Revolutionary Girl Utena. That is barely subtext, dude. Not to mention how protective Mallow is of Lillie (literally dragging Ash along to follow Lillie around when Snowy first hatched, just to make sure that Lillie was handling it alright, practically throwing down with Rotom Dex when it was accusing Lillie during that Morelull forest camping episode, etc, etc), how she's so quick to help and encourage Lillie, how they're nearly always standing near each other in the background, holding hands even!! Lillie to me in general just radiates so much lesbian energy, and it's honestly just.....one of those ships where it's really hard for me to see their relationship in a light that isn't romantic.

PokeGame:

In the cases of both Shauna and Lillie, I think it was made pretty clear in the games that they had crushes on the player, and the gender of the player didn't seem to make a difference. So while this also would confirm BrightTomorrowShipping and ShiningsunShipping, I personally just prefer BoutiqueShipping and MoonLilyShipping. So....I can definitely see these happening. MoonLily in particular just had so much chemistry and depth, that it's honestly hard for me to picture them with anyone else. And speaking of canon ship tease....dang, HoennShipping got so blatant in ORAS. (But then again.....so much ship tease happened in ORAS, tbh. Harden, Origin, ContestQueen/ContestKing, NewRival/Loverival.....ORAS came for shippers' lives, lbr XD)

Also......NamelessShipping, over the years, has just become another couple where it's hard for me to picture them with anyone else. I mean....were Red and Blue not on their honeymoon in Alola? Bc that was definitely the vibe they gave off to me. XP

As far as the newest games go, I think the ship that I could see happening the most in SwSh is Sonia/Nessa, tbh. Like.....Nessa sure did spend nearly every conversation with you talking about Sonia, huh.... I also really liked Gloria/Marnie, as I felt that Marnie had the best dynamic with the player out of all the rivals (and of course, Victor/Marnie could also be inserted here).

shoz999

Rocketshipping seems like the only major ship in the anime that would have a high chance of becoming full canon because James and Jessie have so much chemistry and they've been major characters from the beginning of the show. I don't ship them myself but I think it's the most consistent ship involving humans in the animated series.
As strange as this may sound to some people, James and Jessie don't really feel like a couple to me. Their chemistry together feel more like really great friends who just happen to be a guy and gal.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
I'm not really into the ships, but for one reason or another (maybe because they're older) I've always shipped Jessie and James from Team Rocket. I feel that they have a really strong friendship (along with Meowth) that has been tested numerous times. Plus Jessie and James' personalities are the complete opposite which makes their interactions interesting. Hypothetically speaking, I could see their friendship maybe developing into something more like if the trio would be officially written off so as to give them a proper goodbye.

shoz999

Agencyshipping. I think anyone whose seen the most recent chapters of Pokemon Adventures can agree that Agencyshipping might be on the verge of being canon. Even if it doesn't become canon now, I can see it become canon years later similar to another very popular ship I know. For those who don't know what Agencyshipping is, it's the belief that Black, who is based on Hilbert, should be in a relationship with White, who is based on Hilda and here's the thing. Even if some disagree with this ship, a lot of fans I know or seen agree that Black & White's relationship is just one of the most beautiful and one of the most phenomenal relationships you will ever see in the Pokemon series. People have literally claimed to have cried in tears over this relationship. You have your sweet moments, your happy moments, you dark moments, your serious moments, your excited moments and there's moments involving Ghetsis... Ghetsis, that freaking sociopath. I don't know a single AgencyShipper who absolutely wants to punch Ghetsis in the face which is good because that means Adventures got his character down right, a very hated irredeemable sociopath.

So yeah, Agencyshipping just has tons of charming, funny and beautiful moments and I think what I like most about this is that I can see this couple happening because it feels very real and I can especially see this in the fan art. A lot of fan art of pretty much any ship often have those lovey dovey kissing art right? For me, that kind of fan art feels forced even if the ship is canon and considered well-done. For AgencyShipping, it does have that too but it also has a fair share of fan art where we just see Black & White hang out like shopping groceries, working together on a new project as employee and employer, enjoying the view, just walking down the streets or sitting down in an airport somewhere like regular people. That kind of stuff cements their relationship as more realistic. My favorite piece of fan art is where Black & White are dressed up in an Classic Hollywood Musical that looks like something out of the movie, La La Land which oh man, that makes so much sense since White is a Champion of musicals and movies and Unova is a Champion of musicals and movies.

michael147

With best wishes
The couples I can see happening:
Satoshi + Hikari (feelings reciprocated by high five at the meeting and by farewell in BW2, also bound by Buizel and Ambipom);
Naoshi + Nozomi (interesting proposal at the end of Grand Festival to meet again);
Kojiro + Natane (interesting mutual understanding, bound by Sabonea's training)
Mikuri + Shirona (sending her regards with Hikari, she barely seemed interested in men of her age)

SerenaRulez

The couples I can see happening:
Satoshi + Hikari (feelings reciprocated by high five at the meeting and by farewell in BW2, also bound by Buizel and Ambipom);
Naoshi + Nozomi (interesting proposal at the end of Grand Festival to meet again);
Kojiro + Natane (interesting mutual understanding, bound by Sabonea's training)
Mikuri + Shirona (sending her regards with Hikari, she barely seemed interested in men of her age)

I disagree about James and Gardenia I mean maybe I could see it if they had spent more time talking to each other when they met before but so much time has passed since then and I didn't feel that they developed that close of a bond to become a potential couple

Status
Not open for further replies.