• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

cousin's team

well my younger cousin has been bothering me to get his team rated (he is lazy and doesn't want to join the site). Anyways to stop him from bothering me I'm going to put up his team, feel free to flame/criticise this team...

note: natures will only be changed on noted pokemon

these guys are et in stone (he refuses to change them):

Blissy @ leftovers
docile nature
moves:
-ice beam
-thunderbolt
-softboiled
-stealth rock (weird isn't it?)

Bronzong @ shed shell
relaxed nature
moves:
-gyro ball
-earthquake
-sleep talk
-rest

ok now that that's down here's the rest of the team:

Gengar @ focus sash
modest nature
moves:
-thunderbolt
-hp ice (70)
-shadowball
-focus blast

how are these moves? I feel that he hould replace hp ice with hypnosis and use a wide lens, anyone else have diverging opinions?

Salamence @ shell bell
nature: jolly
moves:
-fire fang
-draco meteor
-dragon claw
-earthquake

since he can't get dragon dance (too lazy), what should he replace draco meteor with? also, what item should go on this guy?
(note: he won't use life orb or choice items)

Weavile @ expert belt
adamant nature
moves:
-ice shard
-swords dance
-night slash
-brick break

he usually starts with him. (note I'm aware that it should have a jolly nature)
Here's the question: what item should he put on it?

Tentacruel @ ?
nature: ?
moves:
surf
ice beam
rapid spin
giga drain

he's thinking about using this last slot

anyways here's his team, please feel free to rate the moves, the pokes, and/or the team as a whole.
(hopefully this will get him off my back)

richard

Fire Master
I really don't know what to say honestly, but I will try. I am going to teach my Sneasel Ice Punch at the Battle Frontier. Then migrate it and evolve it to a Weavile. But Ice Shard also good. Weavile really don't need Sword Dance because it is an Attack Sweeper. For Salamence, Draco Meteor has to go. Does your brother have a heart scale so he can get Dragon Dance. Hope this help a little, but I tried my best.

Thanks for the input;
to reply to your post he does have heart scales, but dragon dance is a bread move...
and also I guess I could get him to CB his weavile and CS his tentacruel.

I'm still looking for more replies (this team can't be THAT good).

richard

Fire Master
I'm back. For Tentacruel, I say get rid of Giga Drain, it is not necessary. Teach Barrier or one of the defensive moves. I couldn't remember which one. Question: Why want he is life orb or choice items for Salamence? I agree with you about Gengar. I got rid of Focus Blast and used Sludge Bomb, but that is up to your cousin. Does your cousin have any other pokemon that he thought about using? I come back to you later about this team. It will take some time.

I don't get why you have to do all of your cousin's work on his pokemon? He should learn how to get most of the moves himself. Just an advice, sorry if I sound too serious.:3

changes in bold

Gengar @ wide lens
modest nature
moves:
-thunderbolt
-hypnosis
-shadowball
-focus blast

Salamence @ life orb
nature: jolly
moves:
-fire fang
-roost
-dragon claw
-earthquake

roost to recover off the recoil

Weavile @ choice band
adamant nature
moves:
-ice shard
-pursuit
-night slash
-brick break

Tentacruel @ choice scarf
nature: mild
moves:
surf
ice beam
rapid spin
giga drain/toxic/toxic spikes/barrier

He just wanted an infernape counter (I'm not sure how effective it is since the only poisons I'm used to using are gengar and weezing

I got him to use choice items. He'll be willing to train better/other pokes if you can fit them in
(it is summer afterall and he has plenty of free time, I envy that know that I am older...)

Last edited: