1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Cover Fossil or Plume Fossil?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Sep 11, 2019 at 11:08 PM.

1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Active Member

Which one did you pick in your B/W games - The Cover Fossil or Plume Fossil? Did you use one of the Unova Fossil Pokemon on your team? Who is your favorite Gen 5 Fossil Pokemon, Carracosta or Archeops? What do you think of this Fossil pair compared to the Fossils of other regions?

2. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I didn't particularly care for the Gen V Fossil Pokemon, although I suppose that Protoga (Tirtouga) is somewhat cute at the very least. I chose the Cover Fossil in Black, White 2, and Black 2 for that reason.

MockingJ likes this.
  3. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

Cover Fossil. There weren't many water types besides Carracosta that I liked in Gen V, and as much as I liked Archeops's design and high speed/attack stats, its Defeatist ability could be a real pain sometimes.

Leonhart and MockingJ like this.
  4. wolf jani

wolf jani The vice-commander of Mimawarigumi

Cover Fossil because Tirtouga & Carracosta look cooler + they don't have a hindering ability.

Leonhart likes this.
  5. Eternalfalcon

Eternalfalcon MasterTrainer

I choose plume as I already had a water type that being dewott but I love both of them equally in my opinion they have great designs and awesome stats I love sweeping with either of them, I think why I love them so much comes down to the episode out of the anime, I forget what it's called but it's the one where tirtouga is from the past I think.

MockingJ and Lunalah like this.
  6. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

[​IMG]

The cover fossil. Tirtouga/Carracosta is my favorite turtle Pokemon and I think the sea turtle/flightless bird was a welcome addition to fossils. One thing I notice is that both Carracosta and Archeops both play around a risk and reward battle style, Carracosta having Shell Smash and Archeops having the Defeatist ability and I freaking love it. I especially like Costa, Black's Tirtouga/Carracosta from the Pokemon Adventures manga who has a stubborn badass old man personality lol. Black's relationship with his Carracost is basically, "Please notice me Senpai!" lol.

Eternalfalcon likes this.
  7. Dicklaycia

Dicklaycia Objectively Better Than You

I chose the Cover Fossil while playing through Pokémon Black. I found Tirtouga to be cute, and Carracosta was a solid Pokémon to use. On top of that, I am not a huge risk-taker, so Archeops' Defeatist is a really big turn-off for me.

MockingJ likes this.
  8. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

Cover mainly because of the bad Ability Archen and Archeops have. I really like the Archen line more than the Tortouga line but that awful Defeatist Ability makes me not want to use it.

Leonhart likes this.
  9. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I'll go with the Plume one, as Archeops looks cooler and is quick and powerful despite having a horrible ability. I still like the Tirtouga line, though.

Eternalfalcon and MockingJ like this.
  10. Ignition

Ignition My son finally did it

Can’t decide as both are great. I’ll probably say Archeops due to liking it longer

11. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

Abagoura (Carracosta) actually has an appealing design now that I think about it, although I never would've used one myself despite that, because from what I remember the species has a low Speed stat, and I tend to use Pokemon that are fast. And while on the subject, I always thought that Abagoura looked a lot like an older version of Kamex (Blastoise) without the shell cannons.