• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Covers Better Then the Originals

DarkLemmy2

I have Nothing 2 say
What covers do you think are better than the originals?

My favorites are:

Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm (Michael Jackson)
Faith -Limp Bizkit (Geroge Michaels)
Careless Whisper - Seether (Wham)
Word Up - KoRn (Cameo)
Tainted Love - Marilyn Manson (Soft Cell)

Fenix

Tremulant
Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm (Michael Jackson)
Indeed. Although, the fact that people fail to realize AAF has other great songs annoys me.

Other than that, all of the Metallica covers by Apocalyptica, especially The Unforgiven.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Elton John's cover of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" (if you don't know who sang the original, you haven't lived!). That being said, I still like the original.

No Quarter by Tool (Led Zeppelin)
When the Levee Breaks by A Perfect Circle (Led Zeppelin)
Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm (Michael Jackson) and yes, I do know they have other good songs.

I can't remember any others at the moment. =/

Thor's Beard

First two that spring to mind:
Hurt and I Hung My Head by Johnny Cash - Originally NIN and Sting respectively.
Can't forget All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix (Bob Dylan originally)

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I always thought Faith was orginally Limp Bizkit's and i like that song. I havent heard the original one, but i like Limp Bizkit's version of it.

Peter Quill

star-lord
ANYTHING THE JONAS BROTHERS DID TO THE BEATLES, OH YEAH THAT IS THE BEST MUSIC I HAVE EVERY HEARD SERIOUSLY

Note that comment was sarcastic and wasn't meant to offend any fans of those songs.

Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm (Michael Jackson)

Yeah, when I find more I'll post them.

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
I rather liked:

A Little Help From My Friends - Joe Cocker (Originally by The Beatles)
Like a Rolling Stone - Jimi Hendrix (Originally by Bob Dylan) (The original is fantastic though)
Rollover Beethoven - The Beatles (Originally by Chuck Berry) (Don't kill me, I just prefer it.)

Cyan

Mortal
'All Along the Watchtower' by Jimi Hendrix (Originally Bob Dylan)

'Turn the Page' by Metallica (Originally Bob Seger. You know it's true)

'Hurt' by Johnny Cash (Originally by Trent Reznor)

'Mercyful Fate Medley' by Metallica (Original songs by Mercyful Fate. If only Kirk didn't have to wah every solo to death)

Well i'm not much of a music bean but i prefer Placebo's version of "Running Up That Hill" more than the original. And AAF's "Smooth Criminal"... and no i have not heard anything else by them nor am i interested in them.

Aaaaaaaaannnnnd...

I can't think of anything else really.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Ensiferum - Battery (Metallica)
Kalisia - I am the Black Wizzards (Emperor)
Moonsorrow - For Whom the bell Tolls (Metallica)
Northern Kings - Kiss From a Rose (Seal)

There a few I can think of.

There are a lot of covers I realy like a lot, but more often than not it doesn't quite beat the original.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Well I know Im going to be bashed for some of these but whatever.

Run - Leona Lewis originally done by Snow Patrol
Si Accendera (Run) - Three Graces Italian Cover of Snow Patrol's Run
I Will Be - Leona Lewis originally done by Avril Lavigne
Anyone Who Had A Heart - Olivia Newton-John originally done by Dionne Warwick
Killing Me Softly - The Fugees originally done by Roberta Flack

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
Seriously, no one has yet to mention Gary Jules version of Mad World?
Or Jeff Buckley's version of Hellaluja?

What is wrong with you people?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Umm the cover in GHIII, The Devil Went Down to Georgia, I don't remember the artist, but I prefer it to the original.

Also Sympathy for the Devil by the Rolling Stones, Guns N' Roses do a pretty good cover of it, I don't know if I like it better but I like both.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Seriously, no one has yet to mention Gary Jules version of Mad World?
Or Jeff Buckley's version of Hellaluja?

What is wrong with you people?
People on this forum aren't exactly musically aware (even of pop music more than few years old).

Ben Chasny's cover of "Thicker Than a Smokey" may not be better than Gary Higgins' original, but it's equal to it.

Pharoahe Monch's "Welcome to the Terrordome" (Public Enemy) and The Dillinger Escape Plan's "Come to Daddy" (Aphex Twin) are both damn awesome. Death's "Painkiller" (Judas Priest) is pretty cool, too.

There's far too many jazz songs to cover.

Mark Kozelek's album cover of AC/DC tracks is conceptually hilarious, but I can only imagine it being better than the original because AC/DC are awful.