• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Covers Better Then the Originals

Cry Little Sister, originally by Gerard McMann (Lost Boys theme)
I really enjoyed the version by Ventana.

HoennMaster

Oh yeah, I forgot all about that until she sang it at Micheal's memorial. I like her version too.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Seriously, no one has yet to mention Gary Jules version of Mad World?
Or Jeff Buckley's version of Hellaluja?

What is wrong with you people?

TBH, I had no idea those were covers.

Anyways, I'm gonna go ahead and say Last Kiss remade by Pearl Jam. I think the original is good, but it just sounds too upbeat to be a song about the singer's girlfriend dying.

Patches-Kun

Dawn Patrol
Neon Knights by Queensryche, originally by Black Sabbath.
Train Kept A Rollin' by Aerosmith, originally by Tiny Bradshaw.
You Really Got Me by Van Halen, originally by The Kinks.
Where Have All The Good Times Gone! by Van Halen, originally by The Kinks.
Knockin' on Heaven's Door by Guns N' Roses, originally by Bob Dylan.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
"Somebody's Watching Me" cover by Mysto and Pizzi (original by Rockwell).

The original is good, but it's a bit of a hokey, Halloween song. Their cover used in the Geico commercials is freakin' BUMPIN'! XD

You can download the cover on geico.com for free.

EDIT: Also, this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7oGx2dImE8

Last edited:

)WisP(

Graceful as the wind
Sea of Treachery's cover of Misery Business (Paramore).
Most of the songs on Metallica's Garage Inc. album (but not all, the motorhead ones were better originals along with some others).

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
Remembered some more.

All My Loving - Chet Atkins & Suzy Boguss
Orignally by: The Beatles

Vincent - Chet Atkins
Originally by: Don McLean

Hahaha. This.

I would've understood if you had said Eric Clapton's version, but the Guns N' Roses version?!

The Warren Zevon version is the best I've ever heard, I think.

Neon Knights by Queensryche, originally by Black Sabbath.

I'd say they're more about equal, since I still think I like Dio's voice better than Tate's on that recording.

Cyan

Mortal
Also Sympathy for the Devil by the Rolling Stones, Guns N' Roses do a pretty good cover of it, I don't know if I like it better but I like both.
I hate that one. Killed the band
Death's "Painkiller" (Judas Priest) is pretty cool, too.
Dear God, yes. I think Chuck blew his vocal cords out on that one
Keep in mind what era that was from. Do ya think Motorhead could cover e.g. Blackened and have their cover kick the original's ***?
Anything Motorhead covers kicks the originals ***

Knockin' on Heaven's Door by Guns N' Roses, originally by Bob Dylan.
The only time a cover of a Dylan song is better than the original is if Jimi did it
Most of the songs on Metallica's Garage Inc. album (but not all, the motorhead ones were better originals along with some others).
'Overkill' kicks monster ***, though

Andres Segovia's version of Bach works (Not musically aware my foot)
Anyone who can play Paganini's Fifth Caprice on guitar
Chet Atkins' version of 'Yakety Sax'
Elvis Presley's cover of 'Hound Dog'

I hate that one. Killed the band

Didn't care for the cover. Ozzy's was better. And funnier, since he is, ya know, the F'cking Prince of Darkness. (Dio is, of course, the F'cking King of Darkness. How can he NOT be the King with Stargazer, Gates of Babylon, etc. under his belt?)

Anything Motorhead covers kicks the originals ***

True enough.

The only time a cover of a Dylan song is better than the original is if Jimi did it

Again, Warren Zevon's cover of "Knockin' on Heaven's Door." It fits perfectly, sounds as pained as is needed and is just beautiful. Also helps that he was near death when he recorded it.

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
Anyway You Want It covered by Rise Against, originally by Journey.