• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawl Out of the Sand Tomb, Ash and Goh! (1125)

D

Deleted member 384931

What fixed him? Not taking battles seriously and having fun?

diakyu

Because its utterly stupid and not funny at all.
It wasn't a joke in the episode? Guy just forgets from time to time and we've seen this before. Sure he was off his game, but he's been on it before and still forgotten specific type matchups.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Happy birthday :)
Thanks a bunch!

Anyways, I actually liked how the episode ended with Goh inspiring Ash. It reminded me back when they were protecting the Ivysaur from Team Rocket way back in episode 3. Poetic cinema at it's finest, I guess.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Actually a pretty great episode. That final hit against Flygon was awesome. First really badass battling moment for Go.

That said the Riolu dramatics can't help but bring it down a bit for me. Like bruh you've got FOUR other Pokemon on hand, just use one for God's sake.

...Then again, I can't get TOO mad. It was honestly kind of cathartic seeing him get some quick losses after all his effortless 30 second Pikachu wins in the last handful of episodes. And I'm sure he'll shoot right back up the rankings before long.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
What fixed him? Not taking battles seriously and having fun?
He was just really discouraged after his loss streak, and when he fought Flygon, you could tell he sounded nervous or unsure about what to do (which, IIRC, also affected his Pokemon who could feel Ash's insecurity), especially since Flygon was strong and fast. He was "fixed" when Goh told Ash that he learned from Ash himself that he shouldn't give up until the very end, which ended up reassuring Ash once more. I would need to see the subtitles to be sure, though.

Basically in the big climax of the fight vs Flygon, it was like Ash and Goh had switched roles. Ash was on the ground while Goh was still standing against Flyon. He was inspired by Ash to never give up, which ended up inspiring Ash again.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
It wasn't a joke in the episode? Guy just forgets from time to time and we've seen this before. Sure he was off his game, but he's been on it before and still forgotten specific type matchups.
Yeah, he used Thunderbolt on Goolog in the Raid Battle and recovered fast and also chastised Riolu for using Vacuum Wave on it too. Was a good way of asserting his off-ness.

diakyu

I love ash and goh's dynamic so much
Honestly, yeah. This episode really shows that they are a great pair. This series does a good job of playing off of each other's strengths when the other is feeling down. It makes me excited to see the socially incompetent Goh meet all of Ash's friends next ep

dman_dustin

Guy just forgets from time to time and we've seen this before. Sure he was off his game, but he's been on it before and still forgotten specific type matchups.

And? Its still incredibly stupid.

Just because they force a stupid trait on a character doesn't make it any more valid when they keep doing it. The only justification was that Ash wasn't in the mood to battle, if that's not a justification because people insist on it heing a character trait then yeah I have a problem with it.

All its doing is enforcing my loathing of Ash only or primairily only using Pikachu. Because god forbid Ash not be walled by ground typrsand especially screwed by ground/ghost.

And let's keep in mind that this follows the whole knowing Sandile was a ground type and Pikachu's attacks were useless only to have to be reminded like 5-10 minutes later that Golurk was a ground type and thus electric types sre useless. Stupid and never funny.

The battle should have been great with the correct pace but... it seems they treated the battle as merely a background while the main thing is the conversation of Ash's confidence... they even have time to talk conveniently in the middle of battle as if there is no stake...

Nikinini

And? Its still incredibly stupid.

Just because they force a stupid trait on a character doesn't make it any more valid when they keep doing it. The only justification was that Ash wasn't in the mood to battle, if that's not a justification because people insist on it heing a character trait then yeah I have a problem with it.

All its doing is enforcing my loathing of Ash only or primairily only using Pikachu. Because god forbid Ash not be walled by ground typrsand especially screwed by ground/ghost.

And let's keep in mind that this follows the whole knowing Sandile was a ground type and Pikachu's attacks were useless only to have to be reminded like 5-10 minutes later that Golurk was a ground type and thus electric types sre useless. Stupid and never funny.
Everyone forgets type matchups. And whether it's for comedy or not, and regardless of whether you find it funny or not, Ash forgetting them sometimes is ok. And in this episode he didn't even forget, it was just a way to show he wasn't battling well.

Rohanator

He remembered Sandile's type and forgot Golurk's and Flygon's types, he never forgot that electricity doesn't effect ground. Forgetting the types of some Pokemon among the 800+ is a perfectly normal thing to do even for a veteran, especially when you're currently off your game in general.

The battle was um special. A pokemon climbing a draco Meteor now where did I see this before? Xd

And it used the move against the user. Just them reusing strategies.
Everyone forgets type matchups. And whether it's for comedy or not, and regardless of whether you find it funny or not, Ash forgetting them sometimes is ok. And in this episode he didn't even forget, it was just a way to show he wasn't battling well.

But for some reason it is almost always Ash who forgets type matchups. Things get annoying after a while, especially when the kid is a regional champ. It would make sense if Go or someone else forgot type matchups once in a while.

dman_dustin

Sure forgetting what type a Pokemon is absolutely understandable.

Forgetting that ground types are immune to electric is far less understandable. Ground immunity should be at the forefront of your mind when Pokemon you use IS AN ELECTRIC TYPE.

And you missed my "justification" part which is in defense of the scene but only if that's the reason.

He remembered Sandile's type and forgot Golurk's and Flygon's types, he never forgot that electricity doesn't effect ground. Forgetting the types of some Pokemon among the 800+ is a perfectly normal thing to do even for a veteran, especially when you're currently off your game in general.

Flygon is aacceptable only for the reason I stated. He wasn't listening.

Golurk was less so given that he should've been listening to Go's Pokedex. But I get it he would want to tune it out.

Last edited: