• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawl Out of the Sand Tomb, Ash and Goh! (1125)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Raboot kicking the Draco Meteor to turn it into Ember was quite badass and the kind of thing I'd say not even Ash would pull off. It was just that good. Here's hope tsundere bunny gets to be impressive like that.

Also, I love they did a callback to Scorbunny's evolution episode. You could really see Goh and Raboot were in sync right there

Really enjoyed seeing Gou battle more in this episode and use an unorthodox strategy like Ash would do.

Also I for one don't see the big deal in Ash forgetting Flygon's typing.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Well, this honestly was a really enjoyable episode. I expected to hate it because of Ash not getting Flygon, but instead I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love how they're playing out Ash's mind just being completely over the place after his battle with Bea, but ooh falling back to the normal rank, that's rough dude..

As for Goh, he was actually handled really well this episode! Sure he had to have a couple of Master Ball moments, but the fact he's using everything he's learned from watching Ash in order to start battling competently is really great. I mean, seeing Raboot actually getting to do what it enjoys doing is amazing and that call back to the 'Draco Meteor climb' from XY was top notch..

I knew it! I just knew it! (Sobbing) I just send a letter to studio in Japan about someday that Ash will get a shiny Flygon and other episode ideas & wsit for replay. Ggggrrrrr!!! Now I’m upset! I was hope that Ash will get Trapinch not Goh! And those silly writers keeps making up! I’m from England!

I really wanted to respond to this, but I just don't know how.. I'm from England.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I found hilarious when Vibrava and Flygon was about to get caught by Go. They're like in pain with human screams. XD Oh, and Go's pretty much captured the whole line inside the sandstorm.

It was pretty cool when Raboot kicked the Pokeball towards Vibrava, and kicked Flygon's own Draco Meteor towards itself. I played the Ori games and it reminds me of the titular character "bashing" the enemies projectiles towards them.

Poor Ash, losing against 2 random trainers, both of them had Pokemons with tentacles, which painfully reminded him of Bea's Grapploct few episodes prior. The 2nd battle especially got my attention because Riolu was distracted by Ash's order, leaving it wide open for its opponent.

Great episode. Go got to saved the day and showed great bond with Raboot, which is an unusual since those traits are usually associated with Ash, but the latter was still depressed since his defeat against Bae. Wished Sobble was more visible outside its battle against Flygon.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Can we talk about how when Sobble was invisible while wearing Goggles it nearly gave everyone a heart attack? XD

The fact that Gou didn't even know Sobble was there implies Sobble was either there the whole time but invisible or it followed Ash and Gou from the Lab without them knowing.

Lol such an innocent Pokémon. It's so adorable.

I also loved seeing the Riolu and Sobble Double Teaming Flygon and getting good hits on it
Bonus points for Sobble being the one who broke through Flygon's Sand Tomb Shield and landing the very first hit

(Also I'm probably the only one who noticed this but did anyone else catch that this episode showed that Sobble can randomly turn Invisible even without the need for touching Water? Cause I noticed that...)

Also Raboot was awesome it really stole the show.
The Flygon Battle gave me some serious Kingdom Hearts vibes/Videogame Vibes where the Final Boss sends out the minions first then it comes out itself to attack.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Oh look, all the Goh shills are praising this. What a surprise! :rolleyes:

Him getting the entire Trapinch line was incredibly stupid. He should have gotten a Trapinch and worked his way to a Flygon but nooo, let's just give him a fully evolved Dragon for no damn reason, and give it Draco Meteor as well to even further downplay Ash's character! 'But we live through Goh so he deserves anything and everything and can do no wrong!' say the Goh fans

Ash getting ranked down is hardy worth caring about since he'll just get it back when he beats Bea, possibly with an evolution cliche at the rate things are going.
1/10
No one here is a Go shill. Take a break from the internet cause you might need it.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Him getting the entire Trapinch line was incredibly stupid. He should have gotten a Trapinch and worked his way to a Flygon but nooo, let's just give him a fully evolved Dragon for no damn reason, and give it Draco Meteor as well to even further downplay Ash's character! 'But we live through Goh so he deserves anything and everything and can do no wrong!' say the Goh fans

Ash getting ranked down is hardy worth caring about since he'll just get it back when he beats Bea, possibly with an evolution cliche at the rate things are going.
1/10
Go is now stronger than Ash lolololol.

-sincerely Go fan.

No,really. Go is becoming really powerful, I don't mind I just hope he battles more. We all saw that he could do it with Ash strategy.
Oh and I hope he battles more and then catch Pokemon instead just throwing ball.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I know it doesn’t have the body structure like Grapploct, Octillery, and Tentacruel but I’m surprised Ash never faced a Malamar in this episode considering it’s a cephalopod like the first two.
You seriously want Riolu to have PTSD from brainwashing on top of tentacles?

(Though I'm surprised it hasn't shown the least bit of PTSD yet... Baby's a trooper.)

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!

1/10

By Arceus, your absolute, unrelenting disdain for the characters you dislike (not just Goh) and any fans of said characters is just so, so sad to watch. Please, just stop. It's pathetic at this point.

...and with that said, we got ourselves a good episode today! The only negatives were that Riolu vs Tentacruel ended too quickly and that Goh caught the entire Trapinch family, which was pretty pointless, given that only Flygon will ever have any real importance. Other than that, I loved every bit of it! 8.5/10.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

1/10

Oh look, the person who calls Goh a psychopath hated this episode. What a surprise :rolleyes:

Seriously though this is just so freaking funny to hear, he actually earned flygon this episode and battled well. I love how every action another character does leads you to believe it's downplaying Ash somehow lmao.

'But we live through Goh so he deserves anything and everything and can do no wrong!' say the Goh fans

This makes no sense whatsoever and honestly made me chuckle so hard coz it's so hypocritical of you of all people saying this

1/10 coz it's a goh centric episode even though it was a good episode. Lmao:p

dman_dustin

1/10

I'm more upset that they pushed the narrative that this was a raid battle even though Go would've just caught it the end and thus forced Ash into this just to force Ash to fail at because Flygon apparently has tentacles all of a sudd3n.

Just to ultimately only prop Go up more just to throw Ash under the bus. Its hard to think of this objectively and Go was just being a good friend since this was scripted at Ash's expense. And I don't like that somehow Ash snaps out of it just for dialogue when he should be overcomng an obstacle by battling. Words seem hollow here since it shouldn't completely resolve the issue.

If they wanted Go to appear as a really great friend maybe not throw his goal in Ash's face and try to use Ash to primairily benefit him. If they wanted to show that Go was a great friend he'd want Ash to battle and catch Flygon while hoping his Vibrava evolves some day.

But since Flygon is apparently the worst choice for Ash, a different Pokemon then and Flygon could've been caught by Go later or actually evolving one of his Vibrava or the same but without throwing Ash under the bus by perhaps Ash dealing with a Salamence (which Go will just catch too) but its a Salamence so who cares If Ash doesn't get it when he has a Dragonite(and no the context and meaning is not meant to bring up type overlap debates)

And this new episode could've taken place as episode 37 whie current episode 37 would be episode 36 (and I'm saying it this way to avoid spoilers).

Oh look, the person who calls Goh a psychopath hated this episode. What a surprise :rolleyes:

Seriously though this is just so freaking funny to hear, he actually earned flygon this episode and battled well. I love how every action another character does leads you to believe it's downplaying Ash somehow lmao.

This makes no sense whatsoever and honestly made me chuckle so hard coz it's so hypocritical of you of all people saying this

1/10 coz it's a goh centric episode even though it was a good episode. Lmao:p

Yes Go scriptedly earned Flygon at Ash's expense.

Its subjective to say he deserved this Flygon generally speaking or rather deserving of this level of focus at Ash's expense at this point in time when the plot should've been tweaked and made later

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Can we talk about how when Sobble was invisible while wearing Goggles it nearly gave everyone a heart attack? XD

The fact that Gou didn't even know Sobble was there implies Sobble was either there the whole time but invisible or it followed Ash and Gou from the Lab without them knowing.

I think they knew Sobble was coming. They just got startled with the googles suddenly "moving on their own". Since Sobble sometimes just becomes invisible it's easy to forget he is there even if you know he is going along.

diakyu

Reading the reaches here about how Goh once again robbed Ash week to week is honestly half of the entertainment for this series imo

Really makes me want to change my avatar here to something more Gohcentric but I got that whole brand synchronization going on across all the websites I post on that it's too late for me lmao

Last edited: