• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crayon Shin-Chan, airing on Adult Swim at 12:30 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomCharizard

I find it hillarious. Anyone been watching this? Favorite character is Shin-Chan ofcourse.
"To be a man you must have honor! Honor and peeeeennnniiiisssss!"

The english version rocks. The japanese one... not so much.

I think this ranks on my guilty pleasure list. I don't really like the innuedo, but the whole concept is just really funny. Almost like Tiny Toons on more crack.XD

And thank god they blurred out Shin's little Shin-chan. Think of the other 18 year old virgin girls that might be watching this!:p

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
Still wondering why they censored the word "pussy" if they were referring to a "pussycat". :\

*Ahem*, oh, right.

Anyway, it's pretty good. I've seen some of the Japanese episodes, but like BattleFranky~40 said, it's not that great. It's originally supposed to be for children, but they probably changed around the dialogue and situations to make it a bit more adult (and more American-ized).

Although it makes it funnier that way, I have to admit.

Still wondering why they censored the word "pussy" if they were referring to a "pussycat". :\

*Ahem*, oh, right.

Anyway, it's pretty good. I've seen some of the Japanese episodes, but like BattleFranky~40 said, it's not that great. It's originally supposed to be for children, but they probably changed around the dialogue and situations to make it a bit more adult (and more American-ized).

Although it makes it funnier that way, I have to admit.
It was always "adult", it's just that they changed the obscure Japanese culture references.

I must say though, Hima is adorable. Just your average 9 month old deliquent(But her brother is real DX material!:D ...How old is he anyway? By his height, I'd say Shin is 5.).XD

"You're supposed to be the one we DON'T regret!:mad:"

Medea

Excalibur
Wow, all I can say is wow!

I saw like the last five minutes of the show this morning, since I was waiting for FMA. A lot of things that I heard in those last five minutes had me on the floor laughing in tears.

Chris

Old Coot

*Ahem*, oh, right.
Yeah. Pink and pussy don't go together so well on an animated show. >_>;

Yeah, with this anime, they had to change quite abit in terms of dialogue. It was heavily Japanese influenced. Most of the things Shinosuke says in the original is improperly said and just wouldn't translate well over to the US.

Leave it to FUNimation to prove that if it doesn't have Dragon Ball in the title, they can make some really good dubs. In fact, I remember first discovering Shin-chan yeeeeears ago on my old bootleg DBZ VHS' that were basically recordings from Japan.

The only thing I find wonky are FUNi's changes to certain names when we can see them written differently in English. Example being in Detective Conan. You have everyone pronouncing everyone's favorite character as "Masked Yaiba" while it's written out as "Masked Yaiber." And with Shin-chan, we've got Encho-Man (literally, Principal-Man) being said as Ench-Man. Changing the principal's name to Ench is not only slightly wonky but pretty funny at the same time as it makes the guy seem like he wasn't creative with his super hero name (not that the original was to begin with XD).

And yes, Shinosuke is indeed 5.

RandomCharizard

Crayon Shin-Chan is what's keeping me watching adult swim now.

Today's episode/Shorts was hillarious
Memorable quotes:
"Yay! This time I didnt have to cut myself!"
"Open up its the *** police!"
^I laughed for like 5 minutes
"Its a pastry like a poptart except for rich people and not trailer trash"
"I did get knocked up at an early age"
"I think I just dropped a weight class"
XD at the baby waking up
And lol at Shin's friend doing the assdance
---
Action *******, alright!
"Son of a red delicious *****!" <---XDDDD
...DBZ reference
"KA-ME-HAME-HAME-HAME-*******!"
Omfg at the action ******* super snot yo-yos
XDD!
...I cant describe the next video.
I feel bad for the bunnies.
This episode gets a 100/10.
Then again all the episodes rock.

"KA-ME-HAME-HAME-HAME-HAAAAA!"
"Think Chuck Norris!"
I LOLed at the DB and Norris references. I don't watch the latter show, but I've stuck around the GameFAQs forums for a while.^^;

I feel bad for the bunnies.
Those poor bunnies. They need to get huggled badly.:(

Yeah. Pink and pussy don't go together so well on an animated show. >_>;
The moment the word got censored, I was ROFLMAO for half a minute. It still cracks me up a few days later.

And yes, Shinosuke is indeed 5.
Damn, poor boy got scarred early.:p Not quite the same for Hima, since she is only a baby. But she's old enough to be influenced by her onii-san!:D

BTW, how come they never show the dog other than the bumpers and ending(PARTY-PARTY JOIN US-JOIN US!:D)? Is it part of a storyline later on?

Spookz

Lumos
I first watched it tonight, and I must say, this show is quite fucked up.. in a good way. xD

Miss Kanna

Hakudoshi Addicted
Haha,I love this show so much XD It left me laughing in the tears,when I saw it x33

I loved the bunny part.that's inspired me to get something to take out all of my anger at xD

Emo Saria

Be my Penguin <3
Shin-Chan is now one of my new favorite's on [adult swim] now =D.. Though I kinda don't see how this belongs in Alternate Anime..
I watch it with my brother at night behind our parents back. My brother keeps on doing the "*** dance" now and he finds it just as hilarious at I do..
Now I need to buy a new bunny plushie to punch to death whenever I'm mad XD, I'm actually gonna try it.
Plus that's one of my new favorite quotes. "To be a man you must have honer, honer and a peeeeniiis!"

Status
Not open for further replies.