• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Craziest thing you've seen/done/heard of being done in these games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I did a full nuzlocke-like playthrough in Red version using just my Starter Pokemon when I was younger. I didn't intend to do it at first, but it was fun and challenging to use just one Pokemon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well when I was playing VC Red, I found it hilarious that I used a team of Lv 50s in the Champion battle against Blue, whose Pokémon are around 10-15 levels higher. It was still a nice achievement but given how broken the battle mechanics were and the moves of Blue's Pokémon weren't too going either, it might've been that it was something that can still be achieved by a number of people.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
In my first Crystal playthrough, I managed to catch Raikou at full health using just one Fast Ball, despite it being effective only when used on Grimer, Tangela, and Magnemite due to a giltch. I also remember challenging the Elite Four with a team of Typhlosion, Starmie, Suicune, Growlithe, Red Gyarados and very weak Wooper and still defeating them, as well as Champion Lance.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Catching Entei with a Pokeball. Surprised the heck out of me. XD

Sodapop

Queen of Violet
Back when I played Crystal on GB, I once only used my Feraligatr the whole game, got it to level 100, then did the PC duplicate/clone trick 5 times to have a full party. I then proceeded to beat Red over and over and over out of built up revenge and spite from never forming a balanced or strong enough party as a kid... good times ._.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
That a fish actually played a Gen I game. It managed to even pick a Starter Pokemon which was Charmander.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I did something similar in Silver version, but with Lugia instead. I didn't pay much attention to catch rates back then, but now I can see how miraculous that was.
Congrats! :) That had to be one heck of a catch.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Catching Entei with a Pokeball. Surprised the heck out of me. XD
Did something similar in Crystal once with Raikou. Found it randomly en route to Olivine, chucked a Great Ball for the lulz. Ended up catching it in said Great Ball.

That's not even the craziest thing I've done in these games, though. In the VC version of Crystal, I went up against Whitney, and Miltank destroyed my Quilava, Pidgeotto, and Psyduck- my entire team up to that point. And yet, I did not lose- I still had one Pokémon left. I hadn't delivered Kenya yet. So I sent him out. And Miltank had taken a couple of Mud-Slaps earlier in the fight. I kid you not, every single Stomp missed, allowing Kenya to just whittle it down with repeated Peck attacks, and that's how I beat the Miltank of Death with a level 10 Spearow. Yeah, after that battle, I put Pidgeotto in the PC and moved Kenya's mail to a random Rattata, delivered that instead. After that performance, Kenya friggin' earned himself a spot on the team.

Way back on my GBC version of Red, a friend had traded me a Bulbasaur which I'd kept in my team as it knew Cut and I didn't want to go to the SS Anne because I believed in the old rumour that Mew was under the truck. Anyway back then I only used to use my starter for battles because I was young and stupid. I got to the battle with Blue at Silph Co and it got to the point where we both had one Pokemon left. His Venusaur against my level 10 Bulbasaur.

I was just waiting for his Venusaur to take Bulbasaur out so I could start again, however for some reason his Venusaur kept trying to use Leech Seed which obviously had no effect. Eventually my Bulbasaur's moves all ran out so all it could use was Struggle. That little fighter ended up taking Venusaur out and I won the battle.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Was battling Red and all 6 of his Pokèmon got defeated by a crit

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Locking this thread, as it was originally last posted in back in 2018.

Feel free to start a new version of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.