1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Craziest thing you've seen/done/heard of being done in these games

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by Chatotalks, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Chatotalks

Chatotalks New Member

For me it's someone reaching the elite 4, releasing all of their pokemon besides a level 5 ;129; & still beat the elite 4.

2. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I did a full nuzlocke-like playthrough in Red version using just my Starter Pokemon when I was younger. I didn't intend to do it at first, but it was fun and challenging to use just one Pokemon.

3. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Let's GOOO~

Well when I was playing VC Red, I found it hilarious that I used a team of Lv 50s in the Champion battle against Blue, whose Pokémon are around 10-15 levels higher. It was still a nice achievement but given how broken the battle mechanics were and the moves of Blue's Pokémon weren't too going either, it might've been that it was something that can still be achieved by a number of people.

4. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

In my first Crystal playthrough, I managed to catch Raikou at full health using just one Fast Ball, despite it being effective only when used on Grimer, Tangela, and Magnemite due to a giltch. I also remember challenging the Elite Four with a team of Typhlosion, Starmie, Suicune, Growlithe, Red Gyarados and very weak Wooper and still defeating them, as well as Champion Lance.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  5. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

Catching Entei with a Pokeball. Surprised the heck out of me. XD

Leonhart likes this.
  6. Sodapop

Sodapop Queen of Violet

Back when I played Crystal on GB, I once only used my Feraligatr the whole game, got it to level 100, then did the PC duplicate/clone trick 5 times to have a full party. I then proceeded to beat Red over and over and over out of built up revenge and spite from never forming a balanced or strong enough party as a kid... good times ._.

7. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff

That a fish actually played a Gen I game. It managed to even pick a Starter Pokemon which was Charmander.

8. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I did something similar in Silver version, but with Lugia instead. I didn't pay much attention to catch rates back then, but now I can see how miraculous that was.

9. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

Congrats! :) That had to be one heck of a catch.

10. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

My Weedle’s Poison Sting missed 14 times in a row when battling Brock.

Jirachi100 likes this.
  11. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

Did something similar in Crystal once with Raikou. Found it randomly en route to Olivine, chucked a Great Ball for the lulz. Ended up catching it in said Great Ball.

That's not even the craziest thing I've done in these games, though. In the VC version of Crystal, I went up against Whitney, and Miltank destroyed my Quilava, Pidgeotto, and Psyduck- my entire team up to that point. And yet, I did not lose- I still had one Pokémon left. I hadn't delivered Kenya yet. So I sent him out. And Miltank had taken a couple of Mud-Slaps earlier in the fight. I kid you not, every single Stomp missed, allowing Kenya to just whittle it down with repeated Peck attacks, and that's how I beat the Miltank of Death with a level 10 Spearow. Yeah, after that battle, I put Pidgeotto in the PC and moved Kenya's mail to a random Rattata, delivered that instead. After that performance, Kenya friggin' earned himself a spot on the team.

Jirachi100 and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.