• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crazy Coinceidence

Smashmind

Okay, I have this crazy thing going on. I'm not sure how this happens, but it happned TWICE.
Okay, first. I was goofing off, and creating fake pokemon (a hobby I still have). Just for kicks, I named the game they were in. I couldn't think of a good gemstone, so I named one Waterblue......and the other Firered. Two years later, I opned a gift from my grandparents to find a copy of Pokemon Firered....
Second, just a year and a half ago. I was back up to my fake pokemon craziness, and I designed a three pokemon evolution chain of vine pokemon. First was Vineaf, then Vitrap, and then....Vinivor. Vine+Carnivor. Just swirch the order and.... ;455;

P.S I am in NO WAY saying Nintendo ripped me off or stole from me. It is nothing but a strange coincidence.

blackrose

lol, thats a kool co-incidence, iw ould tell people that i created the idea and submitted it to them and they used it :)

but i think i have crated fakemon that the fourth gen has similar ideas, but its all just a co-incidence.

Dark Diamond

All Dark is Rising
That story isnt very believable, but ill take your word for it.

Rex911

Mightyena FTW!
1. The real FireRed came out in 2004

2. Two years after that you just now came up with the name FireRed

3. Two more years after you just now got the real FireRed

Your story sounds WAAAAY too fake...

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Seems kinda fake, unless yu are 11 year old or younger, then its normal typing... No less fake though xD

But same thing happened to me, well, similiar thing...
A friend of mine said that he saw a box containing a patamon that folded into a digmon that I now know called Pegasusmon. This was just six months before the second season of digimon came out in portugal, and we didn't have no idea there was a sequel.

My friend described pegasusmon as if it was a newer digivolution, and he had made a lot of enphasis on the egg that came with it that folded into the toy's armour, so I sugested "Maybe its called armour digivolution!" to which my friend answered "Don't be so stupid! That idea sucks!" and other bashing things that the nerd was, and is, so fond off...

The Ticketmeister

Aquaholics Anonymous
I had something like that happen to me...
A few years back I was designing fake Pokemon: new starters and whatnot, but I also made an Aipom evo with two tails and extra head hair and called it Aipunch. Lo and behold, two years later, Game Freak rolls a very similar Pokemon off their creative assembly line. Coincidence? I think not!

Cipher

Nothing to be done
That's not strange at all. Firered is an incredibly easy fake game to think of, given the series' color patterns, assocation of the color red with fire and Fire types, etc.

As for your "Vinivor", Nintendo chooses puns that make sense when naming Pokemon. Enough sense that it wouldn't be at all uncommon for you to imagine a similar name.

I'm not trying to diminish your "accomplishments," but these coincidence simply aren't as crazy as you think. I certainly don't think you're lying, at any rate.

AbsolutePwnage

The Lonely Weavile
Yeah its not that big of deal realy.

PokeFreak001

Queen of Ice
ok so your just now posting this when it happened years ago why I dont care if your lying or not just why post it so long after it happened?

PokeFreak001

Queen of Ice
ok so your just now posting this when it happened years ago why I dont care if your lying or not just why post it so long after it happened?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Eh. It's kinda cool, I guess, but not that big a deal. :/

Giratina Origin Form

Shadows in Night
Stuff like that has happened to me before. When I thought up ideas for stuff and it came true.

Andywoo

Banned
Stuff like this is really not surprising. We've all thought up pokemon and evo's which have happened. We all think of pokemon based on something that isn't a pokemon (period). Its just Nintendo thinking the same thing.

eonmaster_457

Awesome, I guess.

You want to know what's a more crazy coincidence?

You're running two of this thread in the GPD Forum!