• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crazy evolutions

Seem

Hollen i ven.
Trapinch-Vibrava-Flygon has never made the most sense to me. Trapinch has a massive head with a big mouth, then evolves into a pretty dragonfly-like animal with a much smaller head and mouth, before then evolving into a large bug-dragon.

Trapinch is supposed to be an Antlion, the lava form of the lacewing which Vibrava resembles. As for Vibrava to Flygon, pass. Think I would have liked it to remain as a part bug type but that could be just me.

I guess through evolution Pokemon change in many ways, including appearance. No one said they had to make sense, haha!

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I find it weird that Lickitung, who looks like a wall of muscle with that massive tongue and those huge legs, turns into a big fat ball that looks about as powerful as a piece of cotton.

ShimmerInTheDark

Ace Trainer
Dragonair -> Dragonite always made me wonder. Elegant sea serpent evolves into big cute dopey dragon? Oookay...

Same thing with the Trapinch line. I don't even know what trapinch is supposed to be, but I certainly would never expect it to evolve into a dragonfly, THEN into an actual dragon.

In recent gens, I've found the Oshawott line to be odd. Dewott, cute cat-like otter into Samurott, giant shell-armored sea lion? Doesn't really make sense to me, but okay. I feel the same way about Shelmet and Karrablast's evolutions. One looses it's shell, another gains a shell and lances. Just kinda odd to me, but I still like the pokemon.

CuriousHeartless

Don't forget the Vulpix evos seriously I don't get it Vulpix evolves into......... Naruto Reference?

Uhh, Pokemon is older than Naruto. The Kitsune is an ancient Japanese demon/monster/creature/Oni/Yokai/Whatever the correct term is. I won't comment on any of the others becaues I have a feeling I'd be here all day if I did.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
No matter what happens, Magikarp/Gyarados and Feebas/Milotic will always be the weirdest evolution I've ever witnessed.

Dragonair > Dragonite makes more sense if you picture it as a bigger orange serpent with legs rather than a generic dragon with a tail.

I feel the same way about Shelmet and Karrablast's evolutions. One looses it's shell, another gains a shell and lances. Just kinda odd to me.

That's the point. Karrablast steals Shelmet's shell during the trade to become Escavalier.

MegSuicune251

Pokemon's #1 Fan

orangezilla

Who's dar man
Gliscor may take the same basic form as gligar but really it looks completely different, but I'm not complaining, it's not too different and it looks great, a big improvement from gligar

Aztec_Blaziken

Back to WiFi Battles
Slowpoke to Slowking.
For years I thought it was Poke -> Bro -> King

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.

Frog Of Steel

Quirky Nature
Kabuto to Kabutops because Kabuto is the size of Kabutops' head. I just don't understand the massive change.
Bagon to Shelgon. Baby dragon to ball with legs.

Aegon

I never understood Spoink to Grumpig. Up until four years ago, I always thought that they weren't related.
Same thing with the Trapinch line. I don't even know what trapinch is supposed to be, but I certainly would never expect it to evolve into a dragonfly, THEN into an actual dragon.
Trapinch sheds its outer-body to become Vibrava, just like Kakuna evolves into Beedrill, etc.

Last edited:

M4zz

Banned
Geodude-Graveler-Golem

This line baffled me in the beginning, and still I'm not sold on it. Geodude starts it off as a floating stone with arms. When he evolves, he obtains legs and another set of arms. Once Golem comes around, two arms disappear, the limbs completely change, and he obtains a stone shell. It's like their relation to each other was forced.