• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cream of the Croagunk Crop (550)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Croagunk Festival of the Pastoria Great Marsh!

Ash & Co. finally arrive in Pastoria City where they meet Crasher Wake, the gym leader. He mentions that there is a Croagunk Festival going on at the nearby Great Marsh. Brock is eager to enter with his Croagunk. Acting like a contest, the rounds show off Croagunk's unique skills. However, Team Rocket wish to enter and obtain the Croagunk...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

All of our guesses were false... Brock lost, Nurse Joy won. The prize was not a Razor Fang, it was a crown. D: I was expecting Brock to win, honestly.

Last edited:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Wow, so apparently Carnivine's capture is finally shown in flashback. Sounds good. And I like the twist of Nurse Joy's Croagunk winning

Cobalt_Latios

Wow, so apparently Carnivine's capture is finally shown in flashback. Sounds good. And I like the twist of Nurse Joy's Croagunk winning
So, this means James did in fact catch Carnivine at the Great Marsh? That's a first, keeping to an actual location like that. Well, I guess I might end up seeing this episode just to see that.

Anything else of interest?

~C_L~

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Gliscor didn't evolve.Oh well was this a comedic episode.

JasonChu

PikaAsh:o
Nurse Joy Won,Not Suprising,When she use the attack to stop team rocket.
Ash is really been Funny in this comedic episode,I LOVE IT The dance and the wedding dress Lmao,Omg i starting to hate Dawn,she act to mature,dont really know what the word Fun Means,Just join the dance Like Misty:l Is this a hint for misty returning soon,a festival like in episode 20 of gastly.Lol At The Croagunks same emotions Pmsl
Brocks Croguank is really awsome in this episode,I Want to see Yanmega again sometime soon please,Carnirvines capture was in the great marsh,aww stuck in the marsh,James is really nice.Etc Preview Shows Buizel been ignorant against Pikachi could cost Ashs a Gym battle, Wakes Pokemon Quagsire,Gyrados(Flamesthrower counter by pikachu with iron tail,and Floatzel vs Buizel,Buizel charges,Floatzel dodge then a little kick.typical,
Wake is fatter than in the game Lmao,and Dozzy aswell.

MaskedManAbsolkid

Omg i starting to hate Dawn,she act to mature,dont really know what the word Fun Means,Just join the dance Like Misty:l Is this a hint for misty returning soon,a festival like in episode 20 of gastly.

...How does a festival hint to Misty's return? Did Misty return at the start of the Hoenn saga because May's bike was ruined like hers was? What is it with people saying Misty will return? Are you desperate for her to return or something?

Rocket Girl

Everything about this episode was great. I really hope people don't ignore it just because it was a filler, because this episode was an instant classic.

I've seen the pictures, the episode looks great. Meowth looked more like a Meditite or Riolu in the face more than a Croagunk.

Who was the animator/animation team for this episode? What other episodes did they do? The style seems really, erm... different. ._.

Natsume.. and yeah this animator has a different style. I don't like it though, the characters look too flat/thin especially Brock.

TeddiUrsa

Natsume.. and yeah this animator has a different style. I don't like it though, the characters look too flat/thin especially Brock.

How can´t you like one of the most stylish and comedic animation directors we have in pokemon? All of Natsume´s episode are a joy to watch just because of
the humorous shots and cool ways of animation ( like meowth "breaking" his pawn). The AD gets so much hate for a different style , yet not many people complain when Takeda or Kinoshita show up...

So many funny scenes and shots, so many great moments, such crazy music. gotta love it.

especially the Carnivine-themed judge and croagunk´s awesomeness

I really liked Kojiro´s flashback.

so, all in all, a great episode.

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
Awww....poor Carnivine. That really touched me, seriously.
Anyways, I agree, the Great Marsh LOOKS fantastic, but the characters looked a bit flat and....yeah....

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Fun wacky episode, significant prize or not, with lots of wacky music and animation to boot. The Carnivine flashback we got was not only overdue, but beat that rosy crap we got for the Weepinbell flashback. Not only did I love how large Crasher Wake was animated, but I loved how that warden judge's head was the size of Wake's whole body.

From what we've gathered of Wake's personality thus far, he seems like much more of a random character as opposed to the cockiness of that pedophile, Lt. Surge, who's similar in size. I think the randomness works well considering how you would generally imagine such a titan to be a daunting figure. For some odd reason, his freak-out when he realized he was missing his Pokeballs reminded me of Professor Westood.

Misty Fanboi13

Over Analyst
Nurse Joy Won,Not Suprising,When she use the attack to stop team rocket.
Ash is really been Funny in this comedic episode,I LOVE IT The dance and the wedding dress Lmao,Omg i starting to hate Dawn,she act to mature,dont really know what the word Fun Means,Just join the dance Like Misty:l Is this a hint for misty returning soon,a festival like in episode 20 of gastly.Lol At The Croagunks same emotions Pmsl
Brocks Croguank is really awsome in this episode,I Want to see Yanmega again sometime soon please,Carnirvines capture was in the great marsh,aww stuck in the marsh,James is really nice.Etc Preview Shows Buizel been ignorant against Pikachi could cost Ashs a Gym battle, Wakes Pokemon Quagsire,Gyrados(Flamesthrower counter by pikachu with iron tail,and Floatzel vs Buizel,Buizel charges,Floatzel dodge then a little kick.typical,
Wake is fatter than in the game Lmao,and Dozzy aswell.

dude, I'm a Misty fan and I'm not desperate enough to look at slight similarities between episodes and use them as hints for her 'return'
Dawn is a great character, [altough IMO she's not as good as Misty]

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
dude, I'm a Misty fan and I'm not desperate enough to look at slight similarities between episodes and use them as hints for her 'return'
Dawn is a great character, [altough IMO she's not as good as Misty]

I'm not here to bash any misty fans, But I am curious....what is so great about her that everyone wants her to return? I don't really understand.

But uh, on topic. I saw this episode today, and eventhough it's a filler, EVERYTHING was awesome about the episode. I hope we have more awesome episodes like this in the future.

Cobalt_Latios

Full Edit:

Well, I did end up seeing this and I gotta say: HILARIOUS!! You guys were kidding, this was very entertaining. I also thought the fact that Brock's Croagunk, which ended up doing the best in the first 2 rounds was somewhat predictable. Figures.

Possibly the most entertaining thing about this episode that made such a funny reference was the banjo playing in the background. I'm gonna be sounding a bit contradictory, but considering we had a banjo music playing with Croagunks with the Marsh immediately made me think of the Louisiana with all the frogs, swamps, marshes and banjo music. What comedy.

Now, I thought that the "defending champion" looked like a cross between a galactic grunt and Kenny. On that note, I'm glad to see that the animators are actually creating more character models as opposed to the overused character models that are frequently seen. My remarks go to mister blimpy, the officer with da big head.

Crasher Wake can only defined, truly a big jolly old man. Which is rather suitable.

This episode just made Croagunk more awesome than he already was

And yes, I'm quite pleased to see what the Marsh looks like in the show, though the train ride seemed to take longer (well that was an obvious one... considering they have to make the show more... "natural"). The Carnivine flashback was good too; it seems some things never change.

Otherwise, a very entertaining episode.

I cannot believe what I'm going to say, but they better keep the banjo music in the dub. It adds to the whole "Louisianna" influence. Which made the episode that more entertaining.

~C_L~

Last edited: