1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Create and/or change anything & everything Competitve edition! (Generation VI, ORAS)

Discussion in '6th Gen' started by Orithan, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Onyx Tanuki

Onyx Tanuki Very very dramatical

That does raise a question then: can Psyillum use Eviolite? It could be considered fully evolved since it evolves from Foongus and does't go any further up, but at the same time it's the only pokemon able to revert, so it technically evolves into Foogus as well. It makes it both a final stage and an evolving pokemon, and since Eviolite treats its funtioning condition as a boolean (either it evolves into a higher form or it doesn't), that might mean Eviolite will need special exceptions in the case of pokemon like Psyillum. Eviolite would make this thing such an absolute monster defensively, even its low HP wouldn't be that much of a hindrance (and in fact could be a boon if it could learn Pain Split). Forgoing that, of course, I'm seeing Charge Beam/Giga Drain/Clear Smog, Air Cutter, Hidden Power [Ground], and Psyshock/Sludge Wave being a heavily used set. Even without Eviolite it could rock that set with Assault Vest or Black Sludge.

2. Orithan

Orithan Well-Known Member

Pokemon like Pysillum will be excluded from the effects of Evolite, primarily because I don't want it to rival Amoongus' ability to stall and that Psyillum has the same BST as the fully evolved mushroom.

Another idea that I've been tossing around in my head.

Mega Vespiquen

Appearance: Mega Vespiquen's hive grows outwards and evolves into a massive metal-plated fortress of a beehive. Vespiquen's main body also grows to be barely able to carry the massive hive with her, severely hindering her mobility further. She possesses a much larger and more elaborate golden crown on her head and a much bigger set of wings.

Type: Bug/Steel

Ability: Wonder Skin

Base Stats:
    • HP: 70 (+/- 0)
    • Attack: 95 (+ 15)
    • Defense: 152 (+ 50)
    • Special Attack: 95 (+ 15)
    • Special Defense: 152 (+ 50)
    • Speed: 10 (- 30)
    • BST: 574 (+ 100)

Movepool Additions: Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Iron Defense (flavour), Superpower, Taunt, Heal Bell, Beat up (flavour).

Comments: Vespiquen desperately needs a buff. Despite being the defensive tank her stats gear her towards (which are weak anyway for a defensive poke), her movepool is almost completely geared towards offense. IIRC she only gets Defend and Heal Order for defense. This isn't so bad, though it just makes it an inferior Goodra statwise. What is worse, though, is her god awful typing. Bug/Flying is just asking to get murdered by a ton of things and enables Stealth Rock to cut it's HP in half for switching in. The icing on the cake is her selection of an awfully generic ability in Pressure and Unnerve which was outdated in the very generation it was released in. This mega intends to fix all of these flaws. Bug/Steel is a great defensive typing which gives her only one 4x weakness to fire. She gets a big movepool expansion, including two new toys to play with in Heal Bell and Taunt, to accommodate her new Steel STAB. Finally, her 70/152/152 bulk turns her into a brutal stallmon who is very difficult to break and is difficult to status due to Wonder Skin.

3. Onyx Tanuki

Not too shabby. Vespiquen is one of the pokemon I really wish was better, and this seems like the way to go about it. I can't say I'm a fan of the typing, since there's already so many Bug/Steel types in the game, but it fits pretty well, and not too many other typings would make sense (although I wouldn't mind it being Bug/Rock just so it could have STAB Power Gem). It would be a pretty amazing Toxic staller with Attack Order/Bug Buzz, Toxic, Defend Order, and Heal Order/Roost. I don't agree with her stats being mediocre for a defensive pokemon; her bulk is fairly similar to Rotom's forms, and look at how good those are. Her real downfall I think it just her typing. Even if she was pure Bug she'd be a hell of a lot better.

----------

And while we're going with Mega forms and improvements on existing pokemon...

Bibarel
    Changes
    HP - 89 (+10)
    Att - 90 (+5)
    SpAtt - 60 (+5)
    Added moves - Swords Dance, Stored Power, Play Rough, Wood Hammer, Slack Off

Mega Bibarel Alpha
    Mega Evolution
    Type: Normal/Water
    Ability: Simple
    HP - 89
    Att - 135
    Def - 60
    SpAtt - 90
    SpDef - 60
    Speed - 96
    Item - Alpha Bibarelite

Mega Bibarel Omega
    Mega Evolution
    Type: Steel/Water
    Ability: Simple
    HP - 89
    Att - 100
    Def - 115
    SpAtt - 60
    SpDef - 115
    Speed - 51
    Item - Omega Bibarelite

Simple is one of my favorite abilities, but the only pokemon that really uses it all that effectively is Swoobat, with the other candidates being the unevolved Numel and this, the Bibarel line. The aim here is to get that ability some real competitive use; Mega Bibarel Alpha is an offensive variant that can Swords Dance up to +4 Att in one turn and start sweeping the floor with Waterfall, Return, and Play Rough/Wood Hammer, while Mega Bibarel Omega will be utilizing Curse, Amnesia, and Slack Off to bolster its defensive power while beating the foe down with powerful Waterfall attacks, perhaps even swapping something out for Stealth Rock.

4. bloocookies

bloocookies Well-Known Member

I Find that most of the Megas are Offensively oriented, So I hope Gamefreak Balances out the high attack stats and boosting abilities with more defensive variations.

Mega Wigglytuff

[​IMG]
    Mega Wigglytuff's appearance gets much larger and the fluff on it's head glows white and neon Pink and becomes more fluffy and longer.

HP: 140
    Attack: 80 (+10)
    Defense: 80 (+35)
    Special Attack: 105 (+20)
    Special Defense: 110 (+60)
    Speed: 20 (-20)

Ability: Inflate: The user takes half the damage from Flying and Water type moves, both types of moves will raise its defense.

*Rattled now makes the Pokemon resist Bug/Ghost/Dark type moves.

Mega Blissey
    [​IMG]
    Mega Blissey's feathers grow into a feathery skirt and boa, it carries and egg shell for defense (Pokemon version of Lightning's Design from FF13-2)

HP: 255
    Attack: 5 (-5)
    Defense: 70 (+55)
    Special Attack: 100 (+25)
    Special Defense: 155 (+20)
    Speed: 50 (-5)

Ability: Regenerator

Mega Audino
    [​IMG]
    FAIRY

Mega Audino's design changes to become slightly slimmer and it's ears grow larger with it's tail growing large and fluffy, it's so long that it has to hold it in front like a Fur Coat.

HP: 103
    Attack: 80 (+20)
    Defense: 106 (+20)
    Special Attack: 80 (+20)
    Special Defense: 126 (+40)
    Speed: 50

Ability: Fur Coat

Mega Nidoqueen
    [​IMG]

POISON/STEEL

Mega Nidoqueen's Skin grows Armour, large blue steel arm pads, and helmet with a longer horn grows, Mega Nidoqueen becomes much larger.

HP: 90
    Attack: 120 (+28)
    Defense: 140 (+63)
    Special Attack: 65 (-10)
    Special Defense: 110 (+25)
    Speed: 80 (+4)

Ability: Bulletproof or Filter or Solid Rock.

Mega Steelix

[​IMG]Mega Steelix Becomes pure DiamondHP: 75
    Attack: 110 (+25)
    Defense: 230 (+30)
    Special Attack: 65 (+10)
    Special Defense: 100 (+35)
    Speed: 30

Ability: Rock Head

Mega Hypno
    [​IMG]

PSYCHIC/DARK

Mega Hypno's Colouring becomes Golden, with it's coat becoming a cloud that it floats on top of, it's pendent turns into a large hypnotizing swirl behind it.

HP: 85
    Attack: 123 (+50)
    Defense: 90 (+20)
    Special Attack: 70 (-3)
    Special Defense: 135 (+20)
    Speed: 80 (+13)

Ability: Bad Dreams

5. Onyx Tanuki

Shock Field
    Attack
    Type: Electric
    Category: Other
    Power: ---
    Accuracy: ---
    PP: 10
    - Whenever a pokemon switches in on the opponent's side, there is a chance to become paralyzed proportional to weakness to Electric (2x weakness has a 100% chance, weakness has a 50% chance, neutral has a 25% chance, resistant has a 12.5% chance, 2x resistant has an 8.25% chance, immunity has a 0% chance). Electric types that switch in will absorb and remove the field.

Will Break
    Attack
    Type: Fighting
    Category: Special
    Power: 70
    Accuracy: 95%
    PP: 15
    - An attack that pits the user's will against its opponent's, using their SpAtt instead of SpDef when dealing damage.

Tangibility
    Ability
    - This pokemon's Ghost type moves can hit Normal type pokemon.

Strong Acid
    Ability
    - This pokemon's Poison type moves can hit Steel type pokemon for resisted damage.

Wind Dancer
    Ability
    - When this pokemon enters battle, any hazards on the field are blown away. Also allows the user to always successfully run away in a wild battle.

Phaser
    Ability
    - Whenever this pokemon uses an attack, it Phases Out for a turn, becoming unable to be hit by attacks. A pokemon that's Phased Out can still be hit by Phantom Force, Shadow Force, and Feint.

Magic Filter
    Ability
    - This pokemon takes half damage from Special attacks.

Heal Factor
    Ability
    - Healing effects from items and attacks recover this pokemon's HP by twice as much.

Mega Wailord
    Mega Evolution
    Type: Water/Flying
    Ability: Heal Factor
    HP: 170
    Att: 105
    Def: 65
    SpAtt: 105
    SpDef: 65
    Speed: 90
    Item: Wailordite

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  6. Just because.

Mega Magcargo
    Type: Fire/Steel
    Ability: Flash Fire/Flame Body/Weak Armor(Hidden)
    HP: 50
    Att: 60 (+10)
    Def: 150 (+30)
    SpAtt: 100 (+20)
    SpDef: 120 (+40)
    Speed: 30
    Total: 510 (+100)
    Item: Magcardite

New moves in movepool: Flash Cannon.

7. jon199

jon199 Well-Known Member

Time for an ability that would screw with people.

Turned Tables: If a Pokemon would be OHKO'd by a super effective attack, that Pokemon instead lives with 1 HP. Also, its Attack maximizes.

The ultimate sweep breaker. XD
    Who would it be put on? Things that are not used very much, or that don't have the best offensive stats. Something that isn't M-Garchomp, M-Mawile, M-Metagross, Talonflame, Dragonite, etc. It would be pretty entertaining to see a +6 Spiritomb counter-sweep a team with Sucker Punch.

Speaking a little more realistically:
    - Steel needs to resist Dark again. I realize that this would make things like Aegislash even more terrible to face, but when they did this, my Registeel lost a lot of walling capabilities...
    - A Water/Fire type (non legend) needs to be made. I really don't care if they give it to M-Greninja in Pokemon Z, but it needs to happen.

8. Orithan

Orithan Well-Known Member

Steel doesn't need to have its resist to Dark back because Steel had too many resists and Fairy resists Dark now. If any type adjustments are made to the current table, Grass' weakness to Flying should be shifted to Fairy so Grass becomes more viable and Fairy becomes more balanced. It would probably make Mega Venusaur a monster, but a ton of other grasses like Chestnaught and Sceptile will hugely benefit while reducing balancing issues regarding Fairy down the track when pusedolegend fairies are a thing.

9. Zenfen

Zenfen Member

Dunsparceite- Lets dunsparce mega evolve

Dunsparce has a very wide movepool with very bad stats and thats a sad thing to see on a pokemon. If dunsparce had an evolution or mega evolution and got better stats it would be a very scary pokemon to have to deal with.

10. Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Shiny Swalot Powerz!

TBH, I'd rather see Dunsparce getting an evolution, and then maybe later give that evolution a mega.

If you were to give Dunsparce a mega now, you will lose all hopes of an evolution, and I think that Dunsparce needs one more then a Mega

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And improvement of my own:

Mega-Haxorus - Dragon/Dark
    @ Haxoritite
    Ability: Mold Breaker/ Though Claws

HP 90 ((+14))
    Att 180 ((+33))
    Def 100 ((+10))
    S. Att 50 ((-10))
    S. Def 80 ((+10))
    Spd 150 ((+53))

With all the Dragon-typed Mega's walking around with , such as M-Garchomp, M-Charizard and even M-Ampharos, and the absence of any 5th gen Mega, and with this thing having such weird stats, I decided it needs a quick Make-over: Mega-Style!

The stat which it really needs a buff in is Speed, cause a base 97 Speed is just not enough to speed out the good sweepers. Therefore, its drastically risen to 150 Base. Its Attack stat is buffed to even greater hights too, making it even scarier to face. The rest of the stat changes are basically just a better division of the stat total it has, lowering the S. Attack to even lower depths at the cost of a better Def and S. Def.

As it gains the new Dark type as an extra feat making it a Psychical based Hydreigon, it's design changes too. It grows large spines on his back, all the way down his tail. It also gains larger tusks, stretching out more above its head, somewhat like two really strong antenneas, if you get what I mean. Further more, it gains 'real' arms, not just the poor ones it has right now, they really look like the leftovers of a Closet roll IMO. These arms end up in real strong claws, just like its feet. Last but not least, its feet get bigger too, to resemble more like a true dinosaur, which it has alway been for me.

The color scheme stays the same, only the green becomes a tad darker green, and its spines are red, just like its tusks. Also, the arms are black now, to make it look more frightening.

As for the ability, it depends. Mold Breaker is its usual ability, and it is quite good too. However, Tough Claws seems to be popular with these kinds of evolutions ((M-Charizard-X, M-Aerodactyl, M-Metagross)) and it fits its new design more IMO. Also, considering Tough Claws is a bit OP ((See below)), Mold Breaker might be better

I know that gaining a Dark type upon Mega evolving won't be the best thing, especially since it gains a 4 times weakness against fairy, and basically is nothing else then a second Hydreigon. however, it can quickly dispatch the Fairies with either Poison Jab or Iron Tail, and the new Dark type might even benefit the Haxorus more than Hydreigon.

To give an idea if its powers, I'll show you a quick calculation:
    252+ Atk Mold Breaker M-Haxorus Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 213-252 (30.2 - 35.7%) -- 36.4% chance to 3HKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker M-Haxorus Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 424-501 (60.2 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252+ Atk Mold Breaker M-Haxorus Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey on a critical hit: 321-378 (45.5 - 53.6%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker M-Haxorus Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey on a critical hit: 637-751 (90.4 - 106.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws M-Haxorus Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 283-334 (40.1 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    +2 252+ Atk Tough Claws M-Haxorus Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 565-666 (80.2 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252+ Atk Tough Claws M-Haxorus Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey on a critical hit: 424-501 (60.2 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And yup, if the opponent is really screwed:

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws M-Haxorus Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey on a critical hit: 849-999 (120.5 - 141.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

However, this is when its counterattacked by, lets say a M-Abomasnow
    252+ Atk M-Abomasnow Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def M-Haxorus: 134-158 (41.7 - 49.2%) -- 17.2% chance to 2HKO after hail damage
    252+ SpA M-Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD M-Haxorus: 480-566 (149.5 - 176.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after reading this piece of tekst, waht do you think about Mega Haxorus?

It took me a lot of time to do and alter those calculations, so I would really like to know what you think about this beast

11. jon199

jon199 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is true, but Steel is an overall walling type. Not to mention that it is weak to some of the most common offensive types in the game, like ground (Earthquake) and fire. Especially with M-Charizard Y running around, no steel type is safe anymore. It did get an offensive boost this gen (Fairies being weak to it), but there aren't many good offensive Steel types. My opinion and my opinion only. :)

12. PokemonMegaBeast

PokemonMegaBeast Im Still Here!

I only got two but i thought they were good:

Abillity: Puppet

Any stat changes the opponent does the user copys without doing anything. So basically a psych up but you don't have to use a move

Abillity: Mirror

Any stat changes the opponent does it reverses it so They used swords dance they would get -2 attack.

Give Opinions or whatever you think could be changed/Added

13. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

Xerneas with Light of ruin added to it's movepool would become a very heavy hitter.

14. Onyx Tanuki

Throw Back
    Attack
    Type: Fighting
    Category: Physical
    Accuracy: 90%
    PP: 5
    - The user picks up objects that have been thrown or dropped onto the ground around it and throws them at the enemy, dealing damage and causing various effects depending on what's been thrown, as well as clearing its side of the field:
    -- This attack throws Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock, Sticky Web, Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard that's currently on the user's side.
    -- With the exception of Sticky Web, each layer of hazards adds 20 to this attack's base power (for example, if this attack is used when there are two layers of Spikes and Stealth Rock on the user's side, it will strike with a base power of 60).
    -- Sticky Web, Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard each add 10 to this attack's base power (for example if there is a Stealth Rock and a Reflect on the user's side, this attack will hit at 30 base power).
    -- One layer of Toxic Spikes allows causes this attack to have a 30% chance to Poison the opposing pokemon. Two layers will add a chance to cause Toxic instead.
    -- Sticky Web causes this attack to lower the opposing pokemon's Speed 1 stage.
    -- Stealth Rock causes this attack to be both Fighting and Rock type simultaneously.
    -- Reflect causes this attack to also increase the opposing pokemon's Defense 2 stages.
    -- Light Screen causes this attack to also increase the opposing pokemon's Special Defense 2 stages.
    -- Safeguard causes this attack to heal the opposing pokemon's status, and removes the chance to cause Poison or Toxic if Toxic Spikes are also thrown.

Magnetism
    Attack
    Type: Steel
    - Draws anything dropped on the opposing side onto your side. This includes both harmful (such as Spikes) and helpful (such as Reflect) effects.

Seize
    Attack
    Type: Dark
    - The user inflicts phantom pain on its foe, blocking its ability to use Physical moves. A pokemon cannot be Seized if it is under the effects of Taunt or Distract.

Distract
    Attack
    - The user creates illusions and voices in the opponent's mind, blocking the concentration needed to use Special moves. A pokemon cannot be Distracted if it is under the effects of Taunt or Seize.

Taste Test
    Attack
    Type: Normal
    - The user simulates the effect of a Berry or food item it's holding without consuming it. This works with the following berries: Aguav, Apicot, Cheri, Custap, Enigma, Figy, Ganlon, Grepa, Hondew, Iapapa, Kee, Lansat, Liechi, Lum, Mago, Maranga, Micle, Oran, Pecha, Persim, Petaya, Rawst, Salac, Sitrus, Starf, Wiki. It also is usable with the following consumable items: Absorb Bulb, Berry Juice, Black Sludge, Casteliacone, Leftovers, Luminous Moss, Mental Herb, Snowball, White Herb. (Note: items that reverse a status or effect, such as Cheri Berry or Mental Herb, are included in the event that the pokemon using this attack has the Klutz ability)

Ice Cocoon
    Attack
    Type: Ice
    - The user encases itself in a frozen carapace, drastically raising its Def and SpDef and recovering its status while inflicting Freeze on itself for three turns. The +3 boost to its Def and SpDef drops whenever the pokemon is unfrozen, whether via a move it uses (such as Scald or Fire Wheel), a move used on it by another pokemon (such as Aromatherapy) or after the three-turn duration. Ice types can be frozen by this move, but it will fail if used by a pokemon with the Magma Armor ability.

Freeze Cracker
    Attack
    Type: Ice
    Power: 30
    Accuracy: 90
    - The user chips away at the ice surrounding it, firing 2-5 shards of it at the target. This attack can only be used when the user is Frozen.

Venom Shift
    Attack
    Type: Poison
    Accuracy: 100
    - All pokemon afflicted with normal Poison become afflicted with Toxic Poison instead, and vice versa. This does not reset the "counter" on Toxic (i.e. if this is used on a pokemon that's been afflicted with Toxic on the first turn it's been Poisoned, then used again on the fourth turn it's been Poisoned to turn it into Toxic again, the damage on the turn it becomes Toxic again will be calculated as if it had been under Toxic status all along, causing it to take 1/4 HP damage at the end of that turn).

Alchemy
    Attack
    Type: Steel
    Accuracy: 85
    - Turns the metallic body of a Steel type pokemon into pure gold, softening it and reducing its Def and SpDef, stacking up to three times. If a pokemon hit by Alchemy is defeated, the trainer receives Pokedollars in proportion to that pokemon's weight in kg and how many times Alchemy was used on it: P = Weight (kg) * Alchemy stacks / 3. For example, an Aggron (which weighs 360 kg) will provide 120P when defeated if Alchemy was used on it once. This attack has no effect on non-Steel pokemon.

Shadowstep
    Ability
    - This pokemon's Ghost and Dark type moves have +1 priority. This doesn't affect moves that already have higher or lower priority such as Shadow Sneak or Sucker Punch.

Rapid Step
    Ability
    - Attacks with a base power 60 or less used by this pokemon get +1 priority but deal 2/3s damage. This only affects Physical or Special attacks, and doesn't affect attacks with lowered priority such as Circle Throw or Dragon Tail.

Lost Mass
    Ability
    - This pokemon gains a Speed bonus matching its lost HP percentage. ( Speed * ( 1 + Current HP / Max HP ) )

Tool Usage
    Ability
    - If this pokemon's HP falls below 25% and it's holding a recovery item or battle effect item that would normally require a trainer to use it on them, or if they are affected by a condition that the held item could cure, or they run out of PP for any move and the held item is capable of recovering PP, the pokemon will consume the item. The following recovery items are unaffected by Tool Usage: Energy Root, Energy Powder, Full Restore, Heal Powder, Max Elixir, Max Ether, Max Potion, Max Revive, Revival Herb, Revive, Sacred Ash.

Suppliment
    Ability
    - If this pokemon is holding a battle effect item, it will consume it when first entering the battlefield.

Frigid Shell
    Ability
    - This pokemon's Def and SpDef are doubled while it's Frozen. Ice type pokemon with this ability are no longer immune to the Frozen status.

Living Fire
    Ability
    - This pokemon recovers 1/16 HP in Sun per turn, is healed 1/4 HP when hit by a Fire attack, is healed 1/16 HP per turn while Burned, and does not lose Att from Burn. However, it takes 2x damage from Water, Rock, and Ground attacks and is damaged by 1/8 HP per turn in Rain.

Rocket Belt
    Held Item
    - The first move used by this pokemon hits with stage 2 priority, but it takes 12.5% of its max HP in recoil damage and consumes this item. This works with any move that isn't at least stage 2 priority, including negative priority moves like Dragon Tail or Whirlwind. Recoil from this item is prevented by Sheer Force, Magic Guard, and Rock Head, but the item is still consumed.

Overdrive Glove
    Held Item
    - The first move used by the pokemon deals 1.5x damage, but they must take a turn to recover and this item is consumed. Attacks that deal no damage will still consume this item.

Al Chapaeu
    Held Item
    - The user is immune to mind-altering effects - such as Confusion, Attraction, Encore, or Taunt - unless they are self-inflicted, but is prevented from using directly damaging attacks.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  15. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

With the changes that OR/AS has brought, I am using my mod powers (which are not all that powerful) to authorize this topic to be brought back for relevancy with the new games.

Standard rules still apply.

16. Superteletubbies64

Superteletubbies64 MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!

item: chilli pepper

activates at the same time as a berry, it also works at a berry. it doubles speed but burns the attacker. useful for special sweepers (not physical sweepers because their attack will get nerfed)

move: blazing fire

special priority fire-type move with 40 bp

move: energy drain

increases attack of user and decreases attack of target. will fail against pokemon with hyper cutter, clear body or white smoke and lowers attack of user when used on a pokemon with liquid ooze

move: icy gust

freezes target, has between 40 and 30 accuracy because freeze is a powerful status condition

move: laser gun

special electric-type multi-hit move that hits 2-5 times, 20 power and each hit has a 5% chance to paralyze

alchemy is completely useless in competitive battling and it's concept isn't logic

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
  17. Onyx Tanuki

Nobody said it all had to be based on competitive usefulness. XD Besides that, Alchemy could be useful on pokemon that otherwise couldn't touch a Steel type threat, or want to simply remove it from the field. If you're basing it on the fact it only works on Steel types, then you wouldn't see people using Magnet Pull competitively, but they do. *shrug* Anyway, its main use is for in-game revenue, so you might farm wild Steel types for Pokedollars when you need to.

Regarding yours, Chili Pepper would be pretty difficult to use if it only activates when the pokemon gets under 25% (when most berries activate, since you said that it follows the usual rules for when a berry would activate). This gives your pokemon two turns to attack at best, assuming it's not Magic Guard. And how would it work for a Fire type, or a pokemon otherwise immune to Burn? Would the Speed boost still kick in?

Would Blazing Fire be a special or physical move? I'd hope special, since Vacuum Wave is literally the only special damaging priority in the game at present.

Energy Drain is a pretty good idea, but what type is it?

I think it's been said multiple times that anything that just outright causes Freeze would be broken. At 30% accuracy you'd be better off using nearly any of the several moves with a Freeze chance, and if it was 50% or more it'd be horrific. It'd also have to be unavailable for anything that uses Compound Eyes, Victory Star, or No Guard. In competitive play, if the move wasn't outright banned, there'd be some implementation of a Freeze clause, most likely overlapping with Sleep since it's even more of a detriment, unless there was some means to abuse being frozen, as with the moves I put above that work when the pokemon is Frozen or intentionally Freeze one's own self for a side benefit.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  18. Superteletubbies64

Superteletubbies64 MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!

I thought the chilli pepper will activate at 50%... so it activates at 50% unlike berries

blazing fire is special

energy drain is psychic but it doesn't matter anyway since it's a status move

19. Onyx Tanuki

Chili Pepper still is only going to allow for a good four attacks or so, unless the pokemon in question has recovery. 50% is better than 25% though, and it does make it so Guts users don't abuse it too badly, but it's still pretty deadly on anything that can recover its HP while not taking significant damage in return. I could see this run on Grass type special sweepers that have mediocre to high Speed, such as Roserade or Lilligant, who could abuse Giga Drain with this.

The type for Energy Drain does matter for the purposes of immunities. Especially in this case, as it makes it not function against Dark types (which are immune to Psychic).

-----

Evil Clutches
    Attack
    Accuracy: 100%
    PP: 5
    - The user faints, and its opponent becomes Clutched. A pokemon afflicted with Clutched cannot switch out via any means; the moves Baton Pass, Volt Switch, U-Turn, and Parting Shot will have no effect (as well as any other moves that switch the user out) and Eject Button cannot activate. Likewise, any move or item that would be used on the pokemon to cause it to switch out randomly (such as Dragon Tail, Roar, or the Red Card item effect) will also fail. Only Ghost types and pokemon holding Shed Shell are immune to these effects.

Short Circuit
    Attack
    Type: Electric
    Power: 50
    Accuracy: 100%
    - Drain the target's HP, recovering 50% of the damage dealt. This attack is super-effective against Electric types.

Crosshairs
    Ability
    - Physical and special attacks used by this pokemon gain Base Power equal to the difference between 100 and the attack's accuracy. For example, Leaf Blade's BP remains at 90 because its Accuracy is 100%, while Play Rough gets boosted to 100 BP because it has 90% accuracy, and Blizzard becomes 140 BP because its Accuracy is 70%.

Mist Form
    Ability
    - This pokemon is immune to attacks that make contact.

Trickle
    Ability
    - Water type moves used by this pokemon hit 2-5 times, but have their BP reduced to 33% of normal. Moves that already hit multiple times (such as Water Shuriken) are unaffected.

Subzero
    Ability
    - This pokemon's Water type moves gain 30% BP and become Ice type, and its Ice type moves deal super-effective damage to Water types.

Boiler
    Ability
    - This pokemon's Water type moves gain 30% BP and become Fire type, and its Fire type moves deal super-effective damage to Water types.

Combo Master
    Ability
    - Moves that hit multiple times have a chance to hit up to two more times. This includes moves that have a set number of hits (such as Dual Chop or Triple Kick) and those that have a variable number of hits (such as Icicle Spear). There's a 25% chance to hit one additional time and a 12.5% chance to hit two additional times.

Wallbreaker
    Ability
    - If an opponent is Protected, rather than doing nothing, this pokemon's attacks' damage is cut in half.

Cleric
    Ability
    - Moves this pokemon learns that recover HP can target its allies in battle, but their effectiveness is reduced to 50% normal (i.e. Recover would only heal for 25%, Moonlight in the rain would recover 16.5%, Moonlight in sun would recover 33%). Effectiveness reduction doesn't affect Heal Pulse, and the ability itself doesn't affect attacks that drain HP.

Guil Berry
    Berry
    - If this pokemon would be hit by a non-damaging move, it consumes the berry to Protect itself from that attack's effects.

Reppep Berry
    Berry
    - If this pokemon's Attack falls to -3 or below, it consumes the berry to raise its Attack to +3.

Tamind Berry
    Berry
    - If this pokemon's Defense falls to -3 or below, it consumes the berry to raise its Defense to +3.

Lawnt Berry
    Berry
    - If this pokemon's Special Attack falls to -3 or below, it consumes the berry to raise its Special Attack to +3.

Gursa Berry
    Berry
    - If this pokemon's Special Defense falls to -3 or below, it consumes the berry to raise its Special Defense to +3.

Cefe Berry
    Berry
    - If this pokemon's Speed falls to -3 or below, it consumes the berry to raise its Speed to +3.

20. Zachmac

Zachmac Well-Known Member

Hai guys, I'm still alive, if any of you recognize me.

New Ability: Sweet Dreams. Makes the pokemon immune to sleep and to dark-type attacks.
    New item: Cresselite. Mega Evolves Cresselia.
    Mega Cresselia
    Psychic/Fairy
    Ability: Sweet Dreams
    HP: 120 HP
    Att: 90(+20)
    Def: 140(+20)
    Sp.Att: 110(+30)
    Sp.Def: 150(+20)
    Speed: 95(+10)

It's hard properly balancing a Mega Evolution.

New Ability: Savage Heart. Attacks do 1.2. However, this Pokemon is not effected by it's own stat changes, even if it boost them before Mega Evolving or receives them through Baton Pass.
    Mewtwonite Z: Mega Evolves Mewtwo.
    Mega Mewtwo Z
    Psychic/Dark
    Ability: Savage Heart
    HP: 106
    Att: 160(+40)
    Def: 78(-12)
    Sp.Att: 230(+76)
    Sp.Def: 78(-12)
    Speed: 130

Yeah, totally OP. Dats da point.