• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create and/or change anything & everything Competitve edition! (Generation VI, ORAS)

Mega Evolutions for Kalos starters

Mega Chesnaught
Type: Grass/Fighting
Ability: Spiked Armor (combination of Bulletproof+Iron Barbs)
Stats:
HP: 88 (+0)
Attack: 141 (+35)
Defense: 162 (+40)
Special Attack: 84 (+10)
Special Defense: 105 (+30)
Speed: 44 (-20)

A general improvement onto everything Chesnaught does while still giving normal form a niche of higher speed.

Mega Delphox
Type: Fire/Fairy
Ability: Magic Guard
Stats:
HP: 75 (+0)
Attack: 74 (+5)
Defense: 82 (+10)
Special Attack: 149 (+35)
Special Defense: 120 (+20)
Speed: 134 (+30)
Movepool additions: Moonblast

A major improvement upon regular Delphox. Only use normal form if you hate the Poison weakness. USE IT. Beats Mega Gengar and Fire Blasts it to bits.

Mega Greninja
Type: Water/Dark
Ability: Unpredictable (Protean+Adaptability)
Stats:
HP: 72 (+0)
Attack: 110 (+15)
Defense: 82 (+15)
Special Attack: 138 (+35)
Special Defense: 76 (+5)
Speed: 152 (+30)

Greninja on steroids. Protean and Adaptability combined is crazy. Outspeeding Mega Alakazam is a major plus.

Orithan

One thing I'd change is for Suction Cups to clear the field of Entry hazards and clear allies of the effects of Leech Seed.
However, if they're suction cups than they must damage the wielder of the ability before being cleared.
Here's the change:

Suction Cups:
Text: Negates moves that force switching out and eliminates the field of moves such as Spikes, Stealth Rock, etc., but user takes final damage from them.
In-Depth Effect: If a Pokémon enters the battle with this ability it cannot be switched out by moves such as Dragon Tail or Whirlwind. It will pull all entry hazards towards it and take damage from them. It can also free an ally from the effects of Leech Seed in a Double or Triple Battle.

Basically, the use of Rapid Spin is not possible with the ability's users, so this provides a good threat for the likes of Ferrothorn or Skarmory.

How so? Ferrothorn and Skarmory are just two of the many Hazard Supports that can only be eliminated by the likes of Special Fire users.
In hypothesis, if any of these two manage to escape after setting up a hazard, and then are sent back out, Flamethrower-user Octillery (holding an Assault Vest may be safe) can clear the hazard and take damage, and do considerable damage.

It would need some testing and calculations to make a set statement for a modified Suction Cups, so just see this as a hypothesis.

Calcs for Octillery vs Skarmory:
252 SpA Modest (Max SpA) Assault Vest Octillery Flamethrower at +0 vs 220 HP/36 SpD +/- Nature (Physically Defensive) Leftovers Skarmory: 241-284 (73-87%). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252 SpA Modest (Max SpA) Assault Vest Octillery Flamethrower at +0 vs 220 HP/252 SpD +Nature (Specially Defensive) Leftovers Skarmory: 187-220 (57-67%), Guaranteed 2HKO.

I'm not even going to calculate on Ferrothorn...

Sounds pretty promising, considering Octillery can run Life Orb over Assault Vest to OHKO Physically Defensive Skarmory.

The modified Suction Cups I will have to say is alright, if a bit tacked on.

-----------------

Edit:

Mega Chesnaught
Type: Grass/Fighting
Ability: Spiked Armor (combination of Bulletproof+Iron Barbs)
Stats:
HP: 88 (+0)
Attack: 141 (+35)
Defense: 162 (+40)
Special Attack: 84 (+10)
Special Defense: 105 (+30)
Speed: 44 (-20)

A general improvement onto everything Chesnaught does while still giving normal form a niche of higher speed.

Spiked Armor is too strong. Immunity to several common moves, namely Focus Blast, Sludge Bomb and Shadow Ball coupled with passive damage to anything that comes into physical contact is just too powerful. Take one ability or another, both are really good as they are (with Bulletproof arguably being the better of the two). Also, since Mega Evolutions generally add 100 to the pokemon's BST, Mega Chesnaught could stand to get another 5 points added into one of its stats.

Mega Delphox
Type: Fire/Fairy
Ability: Magic Guard
Stats:
Attack: 74 (+5)
Defense: 82 (+10)
Special Attack: 149 (+35)
Special Defense: 120 (+20)
Speed: 134 (+30)
Movepool additions: Moonblast

A major improvement upon regular Delphox. Only use normal form if you hate the Poison weakness. USE IT. Beats Mega Gengar and Fire Blasts it to bits.

Its fine, but it could do with a little bit more Special Attack. Just remember, Life Orb Delphox out-damages Mega Delphox on its Fire STAB.

Mega Greninja
Type: Water/Dark
Ability: Unpredictable (Protean+Adaptability)
Stats:
HP: 72 (+0)
Attack: 110 (+15)
Defense: 82 (+15)
Special Attack: 138 (+35)
Special Defense: 76 (+5)
Speed: 152 (+30)

Greninja on steroids. Protean and Adaptability combined is crazy. Outspeeding Mega Alakazam is a major plus.
Unpredictable is broken. Every move always getting the Adaptability STAB is far too powerful to not pass up. It would get banned very quickly, considering Mega Greninja gets 138 Special Attack. Regular Protean is fine

Last edited:
252 SpA Modest (Max SpA) Assault Vest Octillery Flamethrower at +0 vs 220 HP/36 SpD +/- Nature (Physically Defensive) Leftovers Skarmory: 241-284 (73-87%). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252 SpA Modest (Max SpA) Assault Vest Octillery Flamethrower at +0 vs 220 HP/252 SpD +Nature (Specially Defensive) Leftovers Skarmory: 187-220 (57-67%), Guaranteed 2HKO.

Sounds pretty promising, considering Octillery can run Life Orb over Assault Vest to OHKO Physically Defensive Skarmory.

The modified Suction Cups I will have to say is a bit strong, but considering its limited distribution and narrow range of usefulness it originally had.

Those are some pretty solid calcs in Octillery's favor. The only issue here is that Octillery is slow as hell. Oh well, what can you do.

Unova starter MEvos:

Mega Serperior
Type: Grass/Dragon
Ability: Contrary
Stats:
Attack: 85 (+10)
Defense: 110 (+15)
Special Attack: 110 (+35)
Special Defense: 110 (+15)
Speed: 138 (+25)
Movepool additions: Draco Meteor

Yay for OPness. Smack those Fairies in the face with Leaf Storm and laugh.

Mega Emboar
Type: Fire/Dark
Ability: Rock Head
Stats:
HP: 110 (+0)
Attack: 158 (+35)
Defense: 90 (+25)
Special Attack: 120 (+20)
Special Defense: 70 (+5)
Speed: 75 (+10)
Movepool additions: Sucker Punch, Crunch

Dark type is questionable, but Rock Head Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, and Head Smash are not.

Mega Samurott
Type: Water/Fighting
Ability: Pure Power
Stats:
HP: 95 (+0)
Attack: 110 (+10)
Defense: 100 (+20)
Special Attack: 133 (+25)
Special Defense: 90 (+20)
Speed: 95 (+25)
Movepool additions: Close Combat

Highest attack stat in the game *****es. Outclasses regular Samurott in goddamn EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

Eaglehawk

Banned
New abilities

Augmenter- Doubles Special Attack.
This is basically a Special counterpart to Huge (Pure) Power.

Sonojammer- All damage-dealing sound-based attacks have a 20% to paralyze.
Contextwise, loud sounds have the ability to trigger temporary paralysis, and this ability is based off of that. Moves like, Uproar or Boomburst can potentially stun an opponent.

Wonder Seed- Every turn, the Pokemon leaves a seed every turn, maximum stacks 8. When the trainer switches in a new Pokemon, the pokemon breaks the seed(s) and gets healed. Each seed restores 6.25% of the Pokemon's total HP. These seeds can be spun away by Rapid Spin and cleared with Defog. Flying-types and pokemon with Levitate will not activate the seeds.
I wanted this ability to be an exclusive to the Meganium line, which hasn't received any love since Gen II. This ability gives Meganium a interesting niche over other bulky Grass-types. For starters, eight stacks of seeds restore approximately 50% of the Pokemon's max health, which is huge and allows for some Stealth Rock-weak pokemon to safely switch in. At first, it may sound just a tad bit broken, but it's held back by realistic situations regarding Meganium. Meganium is easily forced out due to its Grass typing and okay defenses (for a bulky Pokemon), which means that a situation with 8 max stacks is fairly rare.

Ignition- When hit by a Fire-type attack, its Special Attack and Speed increase by one stage.
This ability is exclusive to Typhlosion's line and meant to give him a stronger relevance in the metagame. By having 2/3 of a Quiver Dance, Typhlosion becomes very hard to stop from snowballing and really gives it a humongous edge over other Fire-types, especially those who are immune to Fire-type moves via Flash Fire. It won't make him OU material, but rather OU viable.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Ignition- When hit by a Fire-type attack, its Special Attack and Speed increase by one stage.
This ability is exclusive to Typhlosion's line and meant to give him a stronger relevance in the metagame. By having 2/3 of a Quiver Dance, Typhlosion becomes very hard to stop from snowballing and really gives it a humongous edge over other Fire-types, especially those who are immune to Fire-type moves via Flash Fire. It won't make him OU material, but rather OU viable.

The problem is you'd have to switch into one, since no fool would ever fire a Fire move a Typhlosion even now, in fear of it netting a Flash Fire boost and sweeping their whole team with Scarf Eruption. I suppose that's not a big deal, put a Scizor or a Ferrothorn on your team, they attract Fire like magnets.

alejandrawr

* Give Shadow Tag back to Gothitelle (T_T Why take that ability away from a BL pokemon that relied on it, and give it to one with WAY better stats to exploit it >___>)

* Never gonna happen, but given how many of my favorite pokemon suffer from 4MSS, increase the moveslots by 1... Failing that, make a hold item that somehow increases it by 1 *shrug*

Eaglehawk

Banned
Here are some Gen VI move fixes. Seriously, some of the moves have some weird stuff.

Disalarming Voice
- Change BP from 40 to 60.

This move is one of those "never-miss" moves (e.g. Magical Leaf, Aerial Ace, Shock Wave, etc). Outside of Aura Sphere, the rest have a BP of 60, bringing Disalarming Voice up to that standard gives Fairies a decent STAB option.

Freeze-Dry
- Change BP from 70 to 55
- Still super-effective against Water-types, but also has a 70% chance of freezing a Water-type.

This makes more sense flavorwise. Besides, it would be pretty cool to have a move with such a high Freeze chance. Of course, in order to balance out its rather broken effect, the BP has to drop. I chose 55 because moves that auto-guarantee a stat drop (Icy Wind, Snarl, etc.) all sit at the same Base Power, and Freeze-Dry's effect is pretty much on par with that.

Land's Wrath
- Additional Effect: The move gains an additional typing based on field conditions.
(Rain = Water, Sand = Rock, Sun = Fire, Hail = Ice, Fog or Tailwind= Flying, Misty Terrain = Fairy, Electric Terrain = Electric, Grass Terrain = Grass)

Honestly, Land's Wrath is by far the most depressing signature move I've ever seen. It's basically outdone by Earthquake in every single aspect. Therefore, I decided to spice it up a bit by allowing field factors to influence additional damage. It's name is friggin' Land's Wrath, so why not give it an ability that takes advantage of field conditions. As we have seen with Flying Press, dual-typed moves are now possible in Gen VI, so giving Land's Wrath an additional typing based on field conditions is completely justified. However, Land's Wrath's secondary typing only lasts as long as the weather or field effect does, so if Rain dies out on the fifth turn, Land's Wrath loses its secondary typing. I can already see members telling me how broken that effect would be, and to be honest, I would have to agree on some of those points. For example, Tyranitar + Zygarde will almost always guarantee that Land's Wrath will be QuakeEdge. However, due to the weather nerfs, most of the weather starters are starting to die down and see less action in OU (except Tyranitar of course), so dual typings with Rain, Sun, or Hail will be less prevalent.

Parabolic Charge
- Change BP to 75 from 60

Okay. Base damage on it is flat out dumb, as it restores exactly 50% of damage. BP raise puts it on par with Giga Drain and Drain Punch.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

The modified Suction Cups I will have to say is alright, if a bit tacked on.

Well since Octillery is really slow, giving it an ability that would be quite useful is only fair and balancing.

Land's Wrath
- Additional Effect: The move gains an additional typing based on field conditions.
(Rain = Water, Sand = Rock, Sun = Fire, Hail = Ice, Fog or Tailwind= Flying, Misty Terrain = Fairy, Electric Terrain = Electric, Grass Terrain = Grass)

Honestly, Land's Wrath is by far the most depressing signature move I've ever seen. It's basically outdone by Earthquake in every single aspect. Therefore, I decided to spice it up a bit by allowing field factors to influence additional damage. It's name is friggin' Land's Wrath, so why not give it an ability that takes advantage of field conditions. As we have seen with Flying Press, dual-typed moves are now possible in Gen VI, so giving Land's Wrath an additional typing based on field conditions is completely justified. However, Land's Wrath's secondary typing only lasts as long as the weather or field effect does, so if Rain dies out on the fifth turn, Land's Wrath loses its secondary typing. I can already see members telling me how broken that effect would be, and to be honest, I would have to agree on some of those points. For example, Tyranitar + Zygarde will almost always guarantee that Land's Wrath will be QuakeEdge. However, due to the weather nerfs, most of the weather starters are starting to die down and see less action in OU (except Tyranitar of course), so dual typings with Rain, Sun, or Hail will be less prevalent.

Well to be fair, as long as Land's Wrath maintains its BP (IIRC it's 90), then it shouldn't be a problem o tweak it as such.
Just wait for the next game to come out, Zygarde'll probably have some boost by then.

Zachmac

Parabolic Charge
- Change BP to 75 from 60

Okay. Base damage on it is flat out dumb, as it restores exactly 50% of damage. BP raise puts it on par with Giga Drain and Drain Punch.
I think I might understand it's basepower.

It's a multi hitting move, so it could really bring HP back up in doubles, and even more in triples. But I guess it would be kind of balanced because nothing good learns it...

Izayoi

The Sealed Weapon
Mega Lanturn
Ability: Swift Swim/Dry Skin
Stats:
HP: 125 (+0)
ATK: 58 (+0)
DEF: 78 (+20)
SATK: 116 (+40)
SDEF: 116 (+40)
SPD: 67 (+0)
BST: 560 (+100)

I can't think of a good ability to make this little buddy better...

Zachmac

Mega Lanturn
I can't think of a good ability to make this little buddy better...
I can.

Give it drizzle. 100% accurate thunder, water attacks get multiplied by 1.5, meaning that it may actually hit pretty hard.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
* Give Shadow Tag back to Gothitelle (T_T Why take that ability away from a BL pokemon that relied on it, and give it to one with WAY better stats to exploit it >___>)

They didn't get rid of it, though. Gothitelle still has Shadow Tag, they just added Competitive as a second normal ability, since it had only one non-Hidden Ability before.

I can.

Give it drizzle. 100% accurate thunder, water attacks get multiplied by 1.5, meaning that it may actually hit pretty hard.

Drizzle Mega Lanturn? I want that now.

Drizzle Mega Lanturn? I want that now.

Infinitely cooler Mega for rain: Mega Slowking.

HP: 95 (+0)
Attack: 85 (+10)
Defense: 100 (+20)
Special Attack: 145 (+45)
Special Defense: 135 (+25)
Speed: 30 (+0)

No Thunder, but is a lot more durable with Slack Off and has Nasty Plot and Trick Room to sweep with rain-boosted Surfs.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Give Slaking and Archeops a hidden ability. I can happily see Slacking with Thick Fat and Archeops with Regenerator. You think such a concept is broken? So what, make them Ubers and usable for once instead of having them as just Suicide pokemon! And make Regigigas Slow Start only happen for 1 turn instead of 5: That'll make the King of the Regis the king again!

And the counterpart to Mega Slowking is Mega Slowbro.

Type: Water/Psychic
Ability: Regenerator
HP: 95
Attack: 85
Defense: 145
Special Attack: 135
Special Defense: 100
Speed: 30

A simple reversal of some of MSlowking's stats to make this defensive behemoth.

Zachmac

Give Slaking and Archeops a hidden ability. I can happily see Slacking with Thick Fat and Archeops with Regenerator. You think such a concept is broken? So what, make them Ubers and usable for once instead of having them as just Suicide pokemon! And make Regigigas Slow Start only happen for 1 turn instead of 5: That'll make the King of the Regis the king again!
Archeops? It's fragile enough it would be difficult to make broken. I don't like Regenerator on it, though. It doesn't make sense. Maybe something like Rock Head.

Slacking, on the other hand? You're kidding, right? With thick fat, it's as strong as Mewtwo or Groudon. That's kind of not fair. It may be better to make it a new ability to make it usable, one that still nerfs it but doesn't make it OP.

toad878

Mega Dunsparce:

Type: Normal/Flying
Ability: Early Bird

Stats:
HP: 100
Attack: 110 (+40)
Defense: 60 (-10)
Sp. Attack: 75 (+10)
Sp. Defense: 85 (+20)
Speed: 85 (+40)
BST: 515 (+100)
---------------------------
Mega Gliscor

Type: Ground/Steel
Ability: Battle Armor

Stats:
HP: 75
Attack: 135 (+40)
Defense: 160 (+35)
Sp. Attack: 80 (+35)
Sp. Defense: 95 (+20)
Speed: 45 (-50)
BST: 590 (+80)

ModelT

The Normal Trainer
I've got one simple change to make all ice trainers and Eevee lovers happy:

Switch Glaceon's Base Def. and Base Speed stats. Yup. 65 Def and 110 Speed instead of the other way around. Suddenly Glaceon can sweep with the best of them and Ice is a more reliable threat.

Zachmac

Give Eevee an egg move for each Eeveelution. It can only learn this move if it's parent is an eeveelution that matches the moves type. The moves are...
Flare Blitz
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Psyshock
Dark Pulse
Frost Breath
Leaf Blade
Moonblast

That should fix up their movepools.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Give Eevee an egg move for each Eeveelution. It can only learn this move if it's parent is an eeveelution that matches the moves type. The moves are...
Flare Blitz
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Psyshock
Dark Pulse
Frost Breath
Leaf Blade
Moonblast

That should fix up their movepools.

Volt Switch on something like Glaceon or Espeon seems kind of weird, but fun I guess.