1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Create and/or change anything & everything Competitve edition! (Generation VI, ORAS)

Discussion in '6th Gen' started by Orithan, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Eaglehawk

Eaglehawk Banned

How about Avalugg with Solid Rock/Filter?

It would pretty much nullify its weaknesses and only really leave it with a weakness to SR.

2. OceanicLanturn

OceanicLanturn Non non non!

So uh, no comment on the beautiful Mega-Wormadam-trio?

And I suggest Drizzle MegaTurn when the first mega evo came out. Disappointments, GF sure does know how to make them.

Mega Empoleon
    Type: Water/Steel
    Ability: Filter
    ---
    Stats
    HP: 84
    Attack: 86
    Defense: 88 -> 128 (+40)
    Special Attack: 111 -> 131 (+20)
    Special Defense: 101 -> 171 (+60)
    Speed: 60 -> 40 (-20)

3. That's pretty cool, but check your math. 101+60 is 161. I was going to do the Sinnoh starters next

Mega Meganium
    Type: Grass/Fairy
    Ability: Serene Grace
    HP: 80
    Attack: 92 (+10)
    Defense: 130 (+30)
    Special Attack: 103 (+20)
    Special Defense: 135 (+35)
    Speed: 85 (+5)
    Gets Moonblast

Meganium really does suck, and we all know it. Not sure how helpful Serene Grace would be, but meh.

Mega Typhlosion
    Type: Fire
    Ability: Adaptability
    HP: 78
    Attack: 104 (+20)
    Defense: 83 (+5)
    Special Attack: 144 (+35)
    Special Defense: 90 (+5)
    Speed: 135 (+35)

Switch in with the Flash Fire boost, then Mega Evolve and get Adaptability Eruptions.

Mega Feraligatr
    Type: Water/Dark
    Ability: Sheer Force
    HP: 85
    Attack: 165 (+60)
    Defense: 120 (+20)
    Special Attack: 79
    Special Defense: 100 (+15)
    Speed: 83 (+5)

Yeah. Yeah. And you thought regular Sheer Force Feraligatr would be a monster. Just imagine this thing roaming the streets Waterfalling everything it saw. STAB on Crunch means that not much is safe from this thing.

4. OceanicLanturn

OceanicLanturn Non non non!

Gah, was shifting the numbers and forgot to do it. Well, stealing the cue:

Mega Empoleon
    Ability: Filter
    ---
    HP: 84
    Attack: 86
    Defense: 88 -> 128 (+40)
    Special Attack: 111 -> 131 (+20)
    Special Defense: 101 -> 161 (+60)
    Speed: 60 -> 40 (-20)

Mega Torterra
    Type: Grass/Ground
    Ability: Continental*
    ---
    HP: 95
    Attack: 109 -> 149 (+40)
    Defense: 105 -> 145 (+40)
    Special Attack: 75
    Special Defense: 85 -> 125 (+40)
    Speed: 56 -> 36 (-20)

*Continental: When the Pokemon switches in, Grassy Terrain is automatically created.

Mega Infernape
    Type: Fire/Fighting
    Ability: Hyper Flare*
    ---
    HP: 76
    Attack: 104 -> 134 (+30)
    Defense: 71 -> 91 (+20)
    Special Attack: 104 -> 94 (-10)
    Special Defense: 71 -> 91 (+20)
    Speed: 108 -> 148 (+40)

*Hyper Flare: The Pokemon receives priority on fire type moves. Fire veresion of Gale Wings.

My thoughts
    General: I personally feel that the Sinnoh starters already have great typings and there's no real need to change them as compared to the Johto starters. They just need better abilities and stats to work wonders in OU.

Mega-Empoleon: Defensive Mega-Evolution. It's able to make use of its great typing and a healthy special defense to tank special hits on ends. While it still retains a unhelpful Ground/Fighting weakness, it's 128 Defense, combined with Filter allows it to take them better. However, lack of recovery still hurts. If Mega-Empo was a thing, I'd be running RestTalk with Scald and Roar. Or I'll be running support. Bulky Sweep can still work with it.

Mega-Torterra: Toterra is a defensive Mega-Evo once more. Continental just gives it a free leech seed on the switch in along with a Choice Band boost on grass moves. Unlike M-Empoleon, it has a form a recovery, giving it an edge there. Nonetheless, Grass/Ground leaves it vulnerable to Ice type moves, which will really hurt. I'd run it with a Water type if my wish came true.

Mega-Infernape: Priority royally screwed the monkey (partially) in Gen 5. So what's a better idea then to, instead, give it Gale Wings for Fire type moves? You heard it right, priority Flare Blitz coming off 134 attack. Ouch right there. Unfortunately, 91 Defense(s) still aren't great.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  5. Divine Retribution

Divine Retribution Master of the freak show

Honestly I don't see what the craze over mega evolutions is about. Most of them suck, there's only 5 or 6 of them that really stand out compared to the rest.

I'm still waiting for that Trick Room version of Light Clay, GF.

6. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

I'd second that. I wouldn't mind seeing an equivalent turn-extending item for Tailwind as well, but... that'd probably be a bit broken, especially in doubles.

7. Better yet, an ability that auto-induces Trick Room.

Ability: Reality Shift
    Effect: Induces Trick Room for ten turns (sixteen with an extension item I'm too lazy to create)

An update to the autoweather abilities: they now induce their weather for ten turns, or sixteen with the rock. Might be a tad overpowered, but my hope is that it would adjust well to the bulkier metagame and matches would take longer than this.

8. Zachmac

Zachmac Well-Known Member

I think gen 6 has already make this generation bulky enough. If anything, I think this would make the metagame hyper offense all over again, now that brutes like Mega Mawile don't have to worry about their speed.

9. Blackjack the Titan

Blackjack the Titan It’s been a while

Add a Tail Glow or Calm Mind Boost. Special Tank!

Actually I think there was some article about those ancient birds that said these birds are strong and need lots of food for recovery. So perhaps instead of something like Regenerator, perhaps something like Cheek Pouch, which calls for the use of resisting certain moves with a move-weakening berry like the Yache or Passho berry or a status healing one like a Lum Berry, all whilst healing Archeops a little bit.

10. Eaglehawk

Eaglehawk Banned

This basically brings us back to Gen V all over again, specifically Weather Offense. If played right, you can pretty much end a battle within 16 turns.

If you pay attention to the number of turns that Offense usually takes to win (or lose), it's approximately 10 - 20 turns. Spamming weather-broken sh!t like Keldeo or Tornadus-T guarantees a Win even quicker.

Context-wise, i don't think birds, ancient or modern, have cheeks.

However, I think a more balanced for Archaeops would be an ability that gives it auto-power from Turn 1 and weaken it over time.

Outburst
    - All attacks doe 30% extra damage, but deals recoil equal to 3/4 of total damage dealt.

Introducing the #YOLO ability. It makes Archaeops a viable pick while at the same time restrict its ability to be straight up abused. The automatic power granted by this ability makes Archaeops more of a one- or two-time wallbreaker because of recoil damage from all of its moves (btw Recoil affects ALL SPECIAL AND PHYSICAL MOVES). When it's on its last legs, it can be used as death fodder.

If you're wondering about the recoil damage, it does more Recoil damage than Head Smash (1/2).

11. Orithan

Orithan Well-Known Member

Late post. But anyway...

Stick it on a Trick Room team. That might work. The fact it can run mixed and has a wide offensive movepool on both sides also helps it a lot. Under Trick Room, it would function like Infernape without it.

Speaking of Octillery, I think it deserves an evolution to make it better, so without further ado, here is it's evolution:

Octilinaut, the Jet Pokemon.

Pokedex entry: #79 Orion, #800 National

Size:
    Height (sitting flat): 1.4 metres
    Leg length: 0.9 metres
    Weight: 45.8 kg

Gender Ratio: 50% Male, 50% Female.

Evolution criteria: Trade Octillery with Ink Sac.

Type: Water/Poison

Abilities: Suction Cups/ Marksman/ Pickpocket (Dream World)

Stat spread:
    • HP: 90
    • Attack: 115
    • Defense: 85
    • Special Attack: 115
    • Special Defense: 85
    • Speed: 80
    • BST: 570

Broken. Mega Serperior would be banned because Contrary and STAB Draco Meteor/Leaf Storm enables it to set up with ease. Nothing bar Heatran will be able to switch in on the ever-increasing power of its dual STAB Leaf Storm/Draco Meteor and Hidden Power [Fire]. It would be viable in Ubers, but it is checked by a lot of threats up there. Just don't give it Draco Meteor or a Dragon STAB.

This will probably give Emboar a rise in usage, considering that it will be viable in lower tiers, but Mega Emboar is still too slow to sweep unless it is on a Trick Room team.

Huge Power is a huge no no here. As it is now, with HP factored in, Mega Samurott with 252 Attack EVs hits an incredible 638 Attack right off the bat and has enough coverage (edit: and speed) to send it straight to Ubers. It will be a huge threat even in Ubers as it outspeeds the Base 90s (which is the standard baseline there) and packs most punch than most CB pokemon there. Give it a much weaker ability, maybe something like Sap Sipper, instead.

Edit: Just looked at Mega Mawile. Wow... HP with 105 base attack and coverage that is not to be scoffed at. That thing is slow, which is probably what is preventing it from getting banned. Trick Room teams would love this guy.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  12. Eaglehawk

Eaglehawk Banned

@ Orithan

I like your idea for an Octillery evo. I just want to throw my idea out there.

Octank

Abilities:
    - Suction Cups
    - Sharpshooter: All Special moves have their accuracy boosted by 50%.
    - Moody

Stat Spread
    HP: 90
    Att: 130
    Def: 80
    SpA: 130
    SpD: 80
    Spe: 20
    BST: 530

I always envisioned Octillery's evolution to be some turret octopus thing, and this makes that concept somewhat viable. The three things that should stand out is its typing, ability, and base 130 Att/SpA.

The typing gives it a lot of switch-in power. Even with a significantly bulked up stat spread, Mono-water typing isn't going to afford him any strong switch-ins. Having the resistances that Steel grants compensates for Octank's average defenses. Furthermore, many of you may notice its abysmal Speed that ties with Ferrothorn, which means it won't be outspeeding things to kill it. With 90/80/80 defenses, it can't survive strong STAB moves without a lot of resistances.

Second, its ability makes it stand out from all the other bulky wallbreakers in the metagame. Sharpshooter basically guarantees that low accuracy such as Octozooka, Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, and Blizzard to hit much more often, adding to Octillery's ability to hit hard.

Finally, its base stats are designed for it to be a complete destruction machine. Base 130 in both Attack and Special Attack gives it a very strong mixed attacking option (though it will mostly go full Special). It's defenses are at best mediocre. It's enough for it to survive a couple of hits but not enough to sponge from hell and back. Finally, all of these wonderful stat boosts come at the expense of its Speed, which thematically makes sense because turret guns/tanks are pretty slow relative to other vehicles.

13. Blackjack the Titan

Yeah, it should make a more viable fossil Pokémon. I'm sure calculations would confirm.

On another note, giving Aurorus Filter would be better than Snow Warning. Snow Warning gives it a niche in OU, but it becomes really fragile and is OHKO'd when Avalugg uses Gyro Ball after a single Curse boost. Filter would be better.
    Aurorus with Filter becomes more sturdy if a Dual Screener sets up protection.
    However, without Snow Warning, it loses its niche in OU, so what do you guys think?

14. Zachmac

Zachmac Well-Known Member

Sadly, Filter only reduces damage from super effective moves-it doesn't eliminate the extra damage entirely. Because of this, Aurorus's typing would still cripple it.

It's better off with snow warning, supporting teammates and giving it 100% accuracy Blizzards.

15. Orithan

Aurorus has the worst defensive typing in all of Pokemon. Arguably worse than Abomasnow's Grass/Ice typing. The 6 weaknesses Ice/Rock give it are in all of the wrong places, which include 4x weaknesses to Fighting and Steel. It has a few resists but they don't do much to help it. Filter won't help it much there, especially considering its sub-par physical bulk.
    Aurorus sucks even as an offensive pokemon because, while it has a wide special movepool and a decent offensive type (Including hurting Waters with STAB Freeze-Dry), it is slow and has a sub-par Special Attack stat for an offensive pokemon.
    At best, Aurorus is just a weather summoner who receives competition from Abomasnow, and that is when Snow Warning Aurorus is released. Aurorus needs more speed and/or a change in type in order for it to be any good otherwise in OU.

16. ghost_dog97

ghost_dog97 the sweeper

Dude... you are forgetting what +6 attack boosts would do to a max attack of 460... ITS OVER 9000!!!!

17. jireh the provider

jireh the provider Video Game Designer

I may as well share a couple ideas.

Remodel:
    Doom Desire
    Power: 180
    Accuracy: 100

Attacks the opponent with a shining light. But reduces Special attack by three stages after every use. Something that Jirachi could use. Its a strong move with a great Clutch personally.

And here is a Mega Evolution for Cinccino. I made an art of it myself too. See the details there.

Using my most favorite normal type pokemon, I made 2 designs for Cinccino's mega evo. If you're thinking that there's an X and Y Cinccinite (as I personally call it), you're wrong. you only need one. Question is, what's the difference between the Two?

The one on the left needs the following to get that kind of mega evo:
    -it must have two or more multi hitting attacks.
    -its ability should be either Technician or Skill link before mega evolution

The one on the right needs the following to get that kind of mega evo:
    -it should have two or more special based attacks
    -its ability should be either Cute Charm or Skill link before mega evolution

Base Stats:
    Mega Cinccino A
    HP: 75
    Attack: 90 (+55) = 145
    Defense: 60
    Sp. Attack: 65
    Sp. Defense: 60
    Speed: 115 (+45) = 160
    Ability: Skill Link
    Type: Normal / Fighting

Base Stats:
    Mega Cinccino B
    HP: 75
    Attack: 90 (-30. transferred to Sp. Attack) = 60
    Defense: 60 (+40) = 100
    Sp. Attack: 65 ([30] + [5]) = 100
    Sp. Defense: 60 (+40) = 100
    Speed: 115 (-5.transferred to Sp. Attack) = 110
    Ability: Skill Link
    Type: Normal / Fairy

Newly learned moves (I'm still deciding which would be natural or breedable)

Fury Cutter, Arm Thrust, Storm Throw, Extremespeed, Mach Punch, Close Combat, Bind, Wrap, Power Whip, Cosmic Power, Cotton Guard, Dazzling Gleam, Wish, Healing Wish, Recover, Trick Room, Fairy Wind, and Recover.

Exclusive move: Soul Guardian (the user call the aid of its soul protecting its allies or itself.). Think of this move as a protect built for doubles. As M.Cinccino uses this move, you can actually choose who gets to have the protect: either your ally in doubles or yourself; in singles, just yourself. But, just like protect, the more its used, the more it fails on the proceeding turn. It also works in single battles as well as triple battles and rotation battles. But its better for doubles.

Hope it could come to some answer in a way. But what I'm more curious would be the other ways of getting two mega evolutions of a certain poke without going the Pokemon-ite X/Y exclusive way.

I just updated this due to the broken factor of one of my moves, also, the stats for my mega Pokemon were fixed.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  18. Orithan

More evolutions:

Mega Oshmcattus:

Item required: Oshmcattite

Type: Water/Electric

Ability: Lightningrod

Base stats:
    • HP: 85 (+/- 0)
    • Attack: 72
    • Defense: 95 (+ 16)
    • Special Attack: 125 (+ 23)
    • Special Defense: 103 (+ 20)
    • Speed: 150 (+ 41)
    • BST: 630 (+100)

Comments: Oshmcattus from the old thread now gets a mega evolution. Boasting an outstanding 150 base speed, Mega Oshmcattus outspeeds the rest of the unboosted OU (barring a couple of other Mega Evolutions, of which only Alakazam and Aerodactyl can easily threaten it out with SE coverage) even with a Modest nature, which allows it to hit 394 SpA so it can dish out considerable damage with BoltBeam and STAB Hydro Pump. It also has decent coverage options in Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball to deal with the likes of Heatran and Gengar while boasting Volt Switch and Baton Pass to avoid being pursuit-trapped by Tyranitar and to possibly pass off a Lightningrod or Motor Drive (from it's normal form) boost.
    I wouldn't use it as a Special wallbreaking nuke though - It is outclassed by Mega Alakazam in that respect. Instead, I would use it as a fast offensive pivot designed to keep the offensive momentum up that isn't badly affected by priority. It resists Bullet Punch and Aqua Jet and has reasonable bulk unlike Mega Alakazam who is fragile and weak to Shadow Sneak (but resistant to Mach Punch) and Aerodactyl is vulnerable to BP and Aqua Jet.
    The trouble with it is: choosing it over, say Mega Kangashan and Mega Lucario, so I doubt that it will receive that much usage unless they get banned.

------------

Kisteon,
    the Mega Evolution Pokemon

Pokedex number: #150 Orion, #871 National

Flavour Text: "The only legendary pokemon to have an existing evolutionary line, Kisteon is regarded as Eevee's ultimate evolution. It is rumored that Team Kupiter used them to create Foxer and Vulpiver."

Size:
    Height (at shoulders): 1.5m
    Length: 2.7m
    Tail length: 1.9m
    Weight: 95kg

Description: A much bigger, less cutesy-proportioned version of Eevee, with 9 tails instead of 1.

Evolution criteria: Mega-evolve Eevee while it is holding a Kisteoite. It permanently evolves with no animation (outside of the Mega Evolution animation). A message comes up, after the battle has ended, that comments on the fact that Eevee has retained its Mega Evolution and that the Kisteoite has been drained of its powers.

Type: Normal

Abilities: Intimidate, Adaptability, Forewarn (PDW)

Gender Ratio: Same as Eevee's

Base stats:
    • HP: 100
    • Attack: 100
    • Defense: 100
    • Special Attack: 100
    • Special Defense: 100
    • Speed: 100
    • BST: 600

Comments: I guess nobody was expecting a Normal Eevee evolution. Much less a Legendary one. Also, Movepool yet to be determined.

19. Remember the golems? Yeah, that legendary trio that nobody outside of NU really uses. Well, I'm here to give them a buff.

Mega Regirock
    Type: Rock
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Attack: 130 (+30)
    Defense: 255 (+55)
    Special Attack: 50
    Special Defense: 135 (+35)
    Speed: 30 (-20)

Considering that Special Defense of Rock-types is boosted in Sandstorm, this thing has ungodly mixed bulk and can be a great tank. Curse Sets will be untouchable.

Mega Regice
    Type: Ice
    Ability: Snow Warning
    Attack: 50
    Defense: 135 (+35)
    Special Attack: 130 (+30)
    Special Defense: 255 (+55)

Ice is still a defensively poor typing, but another change I've made is that Hail mirrors Sandstorm and boosts Defense of Ice-types. This makes Regice an even better tank. Just don't Rock Polish with this. Even at +2 and max Speed Scarf Tyranitar outspeeds you. And Latios. And Tauros.

Mega Registeel
    Type: Steel
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Attack: 90 (+15)
    Defense: 195 (+45)
    Special Attack: 90 (+15)
    Special Defense: 195 (+45)

Solid Rock is buffed to half damage from super-effective attacks. (Filter does not get this treatment, so no completely unkillable Mega Aggrons) I think this is balanced here because even with the buffed offenses Registeel still has limited offensive presence, so it can be whittled down.

There need to be more defensive Mega Evolutions and these guys deserve some love.

20. Blackjack the Titan

Okay, guys, from now on I'll post a creative ability once a week or so. Each ability will go in alphabetical order, so without further ado, here's ability A!

Altruistic: When using Baton Pass, user gives 25% of its health to next Pokémon.

In-Depth Effect: A Pokémon that uses Baton Pass subtracts 25% of its HP and heals the next Pokémon 25% of its health.

Pokémon that get this ability: Accelgor

Justification: When I think of altruists, I think of those who sacrifice something important to them for the welfare of others.
    Accelgor may not look like much of a giver, but I see it as a ninja that uses its jutsus to aid others, even if it means cutting its own health.
    I thought about this ability and the possible criticisms that could result. One thing I changed was the HP pass, which was originally 50%, but it looked like too much in my opinion. Plus, I wouldn't expect Accelgor to be able to pull off 50% after using Agility.
    With access to Agility and an already sufficient speed stat, Accelgor can be a perfect SubPasser. Give it Leftovers before Passing an Agility to provide a more efficient and safe pass.
    Perhaps the Pass can go to an already injured tank that has suddenly gotten a speed boost, with an additional healing.
    So, any criticisms or modifications, and any further discussion would be appreciated.

Ability B is in the works now……