1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Create and/or change anything & everything Competitve edition! (Generation VI, ORAS)

Discussion in '6th Gen' started by Orithan, Nov 13, 2013.

1. jireh the provider

jireh the provider Video Game Designer

Personally, it MAY HAVE BEEN too much. I kinda accidentally made him a lightning bruiser instead of a Jack of all stats in the end. Just wanna keep the good on somethings, master of none theme.

I dunno what would work on my mega Jirachi in terms of Abilities? 3 choices:

a. Filter (reduces super effective damage kind of ability for stall)
    b. Dream Maker (this casts an auto trick room field lasting 5 turns. not fitting for its 120 speed)
    c. Constant (moves with charge/recharge turns [eg. hyper beam or Doom Desire] become a 1 turn attack boosted by one stage at the cose of 1/3 HP (33%) in every use)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  2. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

Originally created before XY was out, but never got around to posting these, so edited them a bit, and, um, yeah.

Mega Phione
    Item Needed: Phionite
    Ability: Tail Shine (Increases Sp. Attack by 1 stage each turn under Rain)
    HP: 80
    Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Sp. Attack: 100
    Sp. Defense: 100
    Speed: 100

/Attempt 6 to have Phione not suck

And, ideas for Pokémon.

Type: Bug/Fairy
    Ability: Heal Slime (sets down an Entry Hazard on your own side, which heals 1/16th of Total HP each turn, unless they are allowed in Sky Battles. Dispelled under Rain, if Defog is used by either Party, or Rapid Spin is used by Heal Slime's side)
    BST: 600
    HP: 160
    Attack: 5
    Defense: 130
    Sp. Attack: 100
    Sp. Defense: 210
    Speed: 5

Type: Dark/Poison
    Ability: Sniper
    BST: 510
    HP: 60
    Attack: 130
    Defense: 40
    Sp. Attack: 110
    Sp. Defense: 30
    Speed: 140

Um, so, yeah.

3. jireh the provider

I love your idea for Phione. It is so cute at all. But really forgotten name. It's lovely for a rain team at best. Mama Manaphy just can be proud of her child if this happens.

Oh, I know! I have an Idea for a Suicide Mega Evolution. And I mean, really kamikazee literally!

Mega Rampardos
    Item: Rampardite
    Ability: Crasher (turns recoil attacks to OHKO moves at the cost of the user fainting. It is any recoil attack that can kill you and your enemy like Explosion in the form of an ability)

HP: 97
    Atk: 165 (+15)
    Def: 60 (+10)
    Sp Atk: 65
    Sp. Def:50 (+10)
    Spd: 58 (+65)

4. Eaglehawk

Eaglehawk Banned

Attack should be base 230 just for the troll factor.

The speed should be base 103.

5. Orithan

Orithan Well-Known Member

Crasher is flat out broken. A guaranteed OHKO is broken regardless about how you dress it up. Even if you lose a pokemon in the process, it is still broken because a smart player would use it to destroy a wall or threat which stops one of their sweepers from sweeping the opponent. Heck, this would be even worse than Mega Gengar in that regard because it would render stall almost unplayable. Notice how Self Destruct/Explosion isn't an automatic OHKO on the opponent.
    Broken ability aside, Mega Rampardos looks to be a top-tier OU threat; possessing MASSIVE wallbreaking ability that rivals Kyruem-B and a ridiculous 123 Base Speed to make up for its poor defenses. Priority destroys it, but it destroys everything else in sight barring scarfers and a handful of Mega Evolutions. Drop 20 points from it's speed and add it into its other stats and it will be probably be more manageable.

Edit: Given Mega Aerodactyl, I say that it is managable but the ability is still a no.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  6. dewey911p

dewey911p primus inter pares

I would like Diggersby to have Extremespeed. I think this speaks for itself.

7. jireh the provider

Hmm, you're probably right about the speed.

(Edited Version)
    Mega Rampardos
    Item: Rampardite
    Ability: Crasher (turns recoil attacks to OHKO moves at the cost of the user fainting. It is any recoil attack that can kill you and your enemy like Explosion in the form of an ability. If it uses an attack that the enemy is immune to, only the user faints [like a double edge on the ghost type. said ghost is alive, the user crashes dead)

HP: 97
    Atk: 165 (+35)
    Def: 60 (+10)
    Sp Atk: 65
    Sp. Def:50 (+10)
    Spd: 58 (+45)

I think this stat spread is more manageable this time. All it really needs is rock polish, Head smash/ Double Edge, and an extra move. This is whi I added so little on defenses to let proirity bust it in the first place

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  8. Blackjack the Titan

Blackjack the Titan It’s been a while

Oh my it's been a long time I guess.
    For my Alphabetical abilities, C, D, and E are in order!

Chisel Point
    When it by a Steel-type move, move does 60% damage, and Pokemon's Defense and Special Defense drop by 1, but the Pokemon's Attack, Special Attack, and Speed are raised by 2.
    Basically, a Shell Smash inflicted by an opponent.
    Distribution:
    Carbink, Vanilluxe
    Vanilluxe can finally be bulky Rain support! With 252 Def and Assault vest, it can raise its power if hit by Bullet Punch from Scizor and Gyro Ball from Ferro, good users of the weather. With the extra power it can use Signal Beam to counter Celebi, a common and well-rounded Rain counter.
    Carbink getting this does it justice. Its supportive roles make it drastically outclassed by faster Pokemon. Steel-moves will bring this Pokemon into the battlefield, instead of making this Pokemon retreat from it.

Dynamite Ready
    Probably the least likely to impact the competitive metagame, this ability activates the effects of Explosion, and also negates the Damp ability, when the wielder is afflicted by a Fire-type move. It also attracts also Fire moves, so the only way to avoid the effects in Doubles/Triples is Protect/detect. This attack still hits Ghost types.
    Our victim's (distribution): Koffing, Weezing, Gloom, Vileplume, Gastly, Seedot, Garbodor.

Exaltation
    When hit by a Fairy move, Special Attack and Special Defense are raised by 1. Takes 75% damage from Fairy moves.
    Distribution: Medicham, Spiritomb, Gallade, Mandibuzz, Noivern
    Yes, all of the Pokemon receiving this ability should be weak to it! It's the only way to provide balance. Sorry, Scrafty, you're already pretty bulky.
    These have mediocre-average Special offense and defense, so it would greatly help them. Giving Mandibuzz some extra special defense would helps its case as it could survive a Dazzling Gleam, then dish out more than just Brave Bird, and some real STAB Dark Pulse. and dispose of your problem (this is supposing Defog has cleared out entry hazards).
    Noivern gets it to get an extra turn after taking an Ice Beam after Dazzling Gleam.

9. Murder Doll

Murder Doll Button Presser

Ability: Mirrored Body.

Effect: When hit by none contact moves the attacker loses 1/8 of it's health.

Like Iron Barbs but for none contact.

10. Zachmac

Zachmac Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure, non contact moves are far more common then physical contact.

How about special moves with special effects? Like Flamethrower because of it's burn chance, or Shadow Ball because of it's special defense drop? Then moves like, say, Hydro Pump would be unaffected.

11. Proxy xD

Proxy xD New Member

Mega Magikarp
    Item: Maginite
    Stats:
    ATK: 120
    DEF: 40
    SATK: 95
    SDEF: 57
    SPD: 135
    Ability: Call of Magikarps or COM for short
    In depth of ability: when use splash it does damage ;3
    Moves: Splash Flop

12. Zachmac

Zachmac Well-Known Member

Base power of Splash when COM is in effect: 200, now water type.

#KarpForOU

13. Proxy xD

Proxy xD New Member

Look whos laughing MEGA MAGIKARP OF DEATH!

14. petalferrous

petalferrous It has...hair?

Regarding the Fire/Ice poke I posted a few weeks ago: I agree that Rock/Ice is a much worse defensive typing that Fire/Ice, but there's already a Rock/Ice Pokemon and I didn't want to make another one :p

Also, I was thinking about also having Inversion alter the user's offenses as well. In practice, this would mean the Pokemon basically acts like it's an entirely new type with Fire and Ice on the tin. Thoughts?

Here's a revised spread, with notes on how Inversion would affect the Pokemon's typing and coverage:

Fire/Ice BST: 495
    HP: 70 Atk: 60 Def: 70 SpA: 114 SpD: 90 Spe: 116
    Ability: Inversion (This Pokemon’s weaknesses and resistances are reversed, for attacking and defending)
    Note: x0.5 to Water, Fighting, Ground; x0.25 to Rock; x2 to Grass, Bug, Fairy, x4 to Ice
    Under Inversion, Fire = *2 against Fire, Water, Rock, Dragon; *0.5 against Grass, Ice, Bug, Steel
    Ice = *2 against Fire, Water, Ice, Steel; *0.5 against Grass, Ground, Flying, Dragon

I feel like this could be fun in Doubles/Triples, since you could pair it with another Pokemon using Fire or Ice attacks and watch it be literally impossible for your opponent to wall both of them at the same time. Or it could be broken and annoying, or it just might not matter. Do you think Inversion should also alter the user's offenses, or just their weaknesses and resistances?

On a different note, I also have a legendary trio based on the Hindu Trimurti:

Normal/Steel
    HP: 180 Atk: 80 Def: 110 SpA: 80 SpD: 110 Spe: 120
    Ability: Creator (All foes and allies are treated as pure Normal-type in all ways. Yes, the main utility of this is that your enemies will only be able to use Normal STAB, which you resist. OP?)

Fairy/Steel
    HP: 130 Atk: 120 Def: 100 SpA: 120 SpD: 100 Spe: 110
    Ability: Sustainer (All time-bound conditions will remain unchanged for the first two turns this Pokemon is on the field. This includes stuff like weather/Trick Room/screens/sleep timer, toxic poison counter, Perish Song counter, Future Sight/Doom Desire countdown, etc. I originally had this as making time-bound conditions last indefinitely, but I figured that infinite screens alone would be incredibly overpowered. I'm not really satisfied with the solution I chose--thoughts?)

Fight/Steel
    HP: 120 Atk: 150 Def: 80 SpA: 150 SpD: 80 Spe: 100
    Ability: Destroyer (All Pokemon, including the user, take 50% more damage from everything. This includes fixed damage, poison/burn damage, chip damage from weather, LO recoil, etc.)

These are base 680 cover legendaries, so they ought to be extremely powerful, but it's not interesting if they're too strong or just not fun to use or play against. I'm not really sure what I'm doing at all, so I'd love to hear anything you think would make them better.

Also, have some mega evolutions of bad Pokemon:

Mega Butterfree (I <3 Butterfree)
    Bug/Psychic
    HP: 60 Atk: 45 Def: 70 SpA: 135 SpD: 85 Spe: 110
    Ability: Tinted Lens

Mega Mr. Mime
    Psychic/Fairy
    HP: 40 Atk: 45 Def: 85 SpA: 130 SpD: 150 Spe: 110
    Ability: Barrier Power [Boosts the effect or duration of barrier-related moves by 50%, rounding up: Barrier, Light Screen, Reflect, Substitute, Safeguard, Magic Coat. What does this mean? Barrier gives +3 DEF, screens/Safeguard last for 8 turns, Subs only consume 25% of your HP but are equivalent to 37.5% of it, and Magic Coat returns status moves at 1.5X power when applicable]

Mega Jynx
    Ice/Psychic
    HP: 65 Atk: 50 Def: 70 SpA: 150 SpD: 120 Spe: 110
    Ability: Bewilder [Enemy SpA -1 on Jynx switch-in]

MEGA LUVDISC
    Water/Dragon
    HP: 43 Atk: 20 Def: 75 SpA: 70 SpD: 85 Spe: 137
    Ability: Heartbreaker [Special Attack is doubled]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  15. dirkac

So, um, yeah, new Ability.

Soft Webbing
    Effect: The user automatically sets up Sticky Web upon coming out of the Pokéball.
    Distribution: Surskit (HA), Joltik (HA), Kricketot (HA)

16. Arceus500

Arceus500 Well-Known Member

I had the greatest idea for a mega:

Mega Infernape
    Fire/Fighting
    HP:110 ATT:145 DEF:65 SP.A:145 SP.D:65 SPE:160
    Ability:pure Power
    Id say this is OP 'cause tieng with Ninjask as second fastest,and having a staggering Base 290 attack with Pure Power has gotta be almost invincible. But its bad defenses kind make up. So that means that a Choice Band Aqua Jet from Azumarill can OHKO.

17. dirkac

So, you gave Infernape a BST boost from 534 to 690?

Yeah, sorry, but no.
    Every single Mega Evolution only grants a BST bonus of 100, except Mega Alakazam, which grants a bonus of 90.
    This is a boost of 156.

Also, this is pretty frail, it kinda reminds me of Rampardos back when DP just came out, except this has better Speed.

18. Blackjack the Titan

Blackjack the Titan It’s been a while

LC Exclusive?

I would hope these guys lose this ability when they evolve...

19. Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Shiny Swalot Powerz!

Eh, never tried this out, but anyway.

It is a new Legendary Event Pokemon!

Curygyros (Combination between Hydrargyros and Mercury) It needs a better name....

Poison/Steel
    Hp: 80
    Att: 50
    Def: 120
    Sp Att: 120
    Sp Def: 120
    Spd: 110
    Total: 600
    Ability: Toxic Fluid: Physical contact causes Bad Poisoning
    Or: Swift Swim

This is a liquid Pokemon, just like the element Mercury. It is very poisonous, and due to its liquidness it is quite fast. It has the same color as Quicksilver, it is a sort of ditto only then different.
    Some Moves: Transform (maybe not a good idea...), Sludge Bomb, Mirror Shot, Venom Drench, Double Team, Rain Dance, Muddy Water

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  20. Eaglehawk

Eaglehawk Banned

Oh you and your liquid poison Pokemon :p

Anyway, most Legendary event Pokemon, if not all, have a BST of 600. Your's is 50 points short. I'm not trying to get you to follow standardized norms, but an extra 50 points can make Curygyros a stronger Pokemon.