• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skarm™

Light It Up
Posting a rather weird but creative move I made:

Toxic Waste (status)
Poison / PP- 16 / Priority 0
"The user grants itself a boost in attack, special attack, and speed, but badly poisons itself as the cost.

Pokemon with Magic Guard cannot learn this move, and it's a nice little move that can make a Pokemon have a nice little sweep.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

Toxic Waste (status)
"The user grants itself a boost in attack, special attack, and speed, but badly poisons itself as the cost.

Pokemon with Magic Guard cannot learn this move, and it's a nice little move that can make a Pokemon have a nice little sweep.

The only things I can realistically see getting this are Poison types that can't be badly poisoned in the first place.

But it would certainly be nice if Zangoose got this kind of thing...

Anyways, I've been toying around for a while with the Lake trio, who I guess are some of the most likely candidates for Fairy typing. To be fully honest, as they're supposed to represent the spirit world and apparently have the ability to separate their spirit from their body, I kinda think they should have gotten Ghost typing. Then I thought, if Mewtwo gets an alternate form, why not these guys? So, give standard Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf Fairy typing, and give Spiritual Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf Ghost/Psychic typing. Their stats would also be slightly rearranged.

Azelf - Standard: 70/125/70/125/70/115
Uxie - Standard: 75/75/130/75/130/95
Mesprit - Standard: 80/105/105/105/105/80

Just by nature of being the jack-of-all-trades, Mesprit is obviously the least useful. Uxie isn't too much better off, being a bulky wall with no recovery and bad typing. Azelf, on the other hand, gets away pretty okay, but could definitely use some more power. So, now we get to their Spiritual forms.

Azelf - Spiritual: 70/140/55/140/55/115

So Azelf trades the little bit of bulk he had in the first place for a respectable Attack and Sp. Atk stats that would easily give him his place in OU back. On the other hand his 75/55/55 bulk won't let him take any hits at all.

Mesprit - Spiritual: 60/115/115/115/115/60 Now, Mesprit is still the jack-off-all-trades, but that 60/115/115 bulk is very interesting, especially when backed by 115 Sp. Atk and Attack stats. 60 Speed lets him down, plus that Ghost/Psychic typing is terrible defensively.

Uxie - Spiritual: 80/60/150/60/150/80

With Uxie's new stat spread, he becomes very similar to his big brother Deoxys-D. However, he's still missing two crucial things that lead to Deoxys-D's (supposed) brokenness - Recover and Spikes. Without reliable recovery and with only one entry hazard, I doubt he'd be that broken. Also, that 60 Attack and Sp. Atk won't be hurting anything anytime soon.

I see Azelf-S as what Azelf was meant to be all along; a ridiculously powerful, ridiculously frail glass cannon. Something does seem wrong with that stat spread though. It's got the same BST as standard Azelf, it just seems stupidly more powerful. I dunno, maybe the fact that it would still be complete priority bait would help balance that out.

Mesprit-S moves away from being the worst halves of her two siblings to become a sort of bulky attacker / offensive support Pokemon, with good bulk and good attacking stats, but not particularly excelling anywhere and still being let down by that terrible Speed and typing.

Uxie becomes much more of a wall, taking more hits and setting up Screens and Rocks and whatnot. It can now also spinblock, and might even make a good Calm Mind sweeper.

So yeah, just some thoughts and stuff.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner

Toxic Waste (status)

The only things I can realistically see getting this are Poison types that can't be badly poisoned in the first place.

But it would certainly be nice if Zangoose got this kind of thing...

If it's a primary effect, then if the user is immune to poison, then the stat boosts wouldn't occur. Much like how if a recoil move misses, the user doesn't suffer recoil damage. (Hi Jump Kick and its younger sibling count as crash damage, not recoil damage.)

Zangoose would really benefit, as you've already said. :p

I could see this being used on some wacky, Immunity-Skill Swapping team, where you intend to set up a sweep with Toxic Waste and then pass Immunity on it to clear the poison status.

Anyways, I've been toying around for a while with the Lake trio, who I guess are some of the most likely candidates for Fairy typing. To be fully honest, as they're supposed to represent the spirit world and apparently have the ability to separate their spirit from their body, I kinda think they should have gotten Ghost typing. Then I thought, if Mewtwo gets an alternate form, why not these guys? So, give standard Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf Fairy typing, and give Spiritual Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf Ghost/Psychic typing. Their stats would also be slightly rearranged.

Ouch... Ghost/Psychic? Darkness is their bane!

As for the actual stats of the Spiritual Lake Trio, they're pretty nice (especially for Mesprit, that Speed isn't too much of a problem thanks to its new stats), but that Ghost/Psychic typing really, really cripples them. With the Fighting type receiving the most skew right now, compounded with the fact that it's probably not going anyway anytime soon, I guess you could send one of these three out as a counter, but then teams would always have a Dark-type Pokémon specifically to take care of these guys. Looks like the Dark type would receive the same treatment as the Fighting type did in the advent of the fifth-gen metagame... :/

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
New Move:

Psycho Lash
Psychic | Physical | Power: 140 | Acc: 85/90 | Pp: 10
"The user conjures whips of psychic prowess and slams them into the foe with earth-shaking power."
Lowers defense and special defense by one.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Fairies are here so time to throw in a couple of moves:

Fairy Dust
Type: Fairy
Category: Status
Accuracy: 80
PP: 15
Priority: 0

Flavor Text: The user sprinkles magical dust on the opponent. The status condition may be either Poison, Sleep or Confusion.

Distribution: Gardevoir, Flabébé evolution (assuming it gets one), Cleffa line, Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff.

Ribbon Slam
Category: Physical
Power: 90
Accuracy: 100

Flavor text: The user creates a ribbon like image and slams it at the foe. 20% of defense lowering.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
New Move:

Psycho Lash
Psychic | Physical | Power: 140 | Acc: 85/90 | Pp: 10
"The user conjures whips of psychic prowess and slams them into the foe with earth-shaking power."
Lowers defense and special defense by one.

Seems good. The accuracy should be 85 if the power is going to be 140.

Fairies are here so time to throw in a couple of moves:

Fairy Dust
Category: Status
Accuracy: 80

Flavor Text: The user sprinkles magical dust on the opponent. The status condition may be either Poison, Sleep or Confusion.

Distribution: Gardevoir, Flabébé evolution (assuming it gets one), Cleffa line, Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff.

Ribbon Slam
Category: Physical
Power: 90
Accuracy: 100

Flavor text: The user creates a ribbon like image and slams it at the foe. 20% of defense lowering.

Both moves seem pretty good. Nothing much to say.

Why a ribbon? Is it a made-up signature move for Sylveon? o:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Concentrate
Type: Normal
Category: Other
Power: ---
Accuracy: ---
PP: 10/16
Flavour: The user meditates, focusing its power and increasing the damage dealt by its next attack.
Effect: The next attack the user deals will do 1.5x damage. Good for stuff that forces lots of switches like Heatran and whatever.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Concentrate
Type: Normal
Category: Other
Power: ---
Accuracy: ---
PP: 10/16
Flavour: The user meditates, focusing its power and increasing the damage dealt by its next attack.
Effect: The next attack the user deals will do 1.5x damage. Good for stuff that forces lots of switches like Heatran and whatever.

It's pretty much strictly worse than a Howl (for a physical attack), that one move that raises Sp. Atk by one stage (I forgot its name), and Work Up in that it only works for the next move. Anything higher, though, and it could cause a lot of problems.

Speaking of moves, though, it should apply to the next move, rather than hit, because the Cinccino using this would concentrate its power to use Bullet Seed, not one round of Bullet Seed.

That was original accuracy, although I started second-guessing myself and added the other option.

When in doubt, always go for the lower accuracy if you're trying to prevent a move from possibly being too overpowered.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
New ability:

Gravitational Field
Flavour: When the Pokemon enters battle, it strengthens the force of Gravity. Gravity returns to normal when the Pokemon faints.
Effect: Summons a permanent Gravity status. However, unlike Drizzle and Drought, it comes with a catch; if the Pokemon is KO'd, Gravity is immediately dispelled.
Distribution: Give it to some new super-heavy legendary or something. Maybe Jirachi could get it, I dunno.

I'd like to see a Trick Room version of this, but that would be pretty overpowered. In fact, this might be a bit overpowered as is. Also, using Gravity while Gravity is active should dispel the effects, similar to using Trick Room while Trick Room is active.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
New ability:

Gravitational Field
Flavour: When the Pokemon enters battle, it strengthens the force of Gravity. Gravity returns to normal when the Pokemon faints.
Effect: Summons a permanent Gravity status. However, unlike Drizzle and Drought, it comes with a catch; if the Pokemon is KO'd, Gravity is immediately dispelled.
Distribution: Give it to some new super-heavy legendary or something. Maybe Jirachi could get it, I dunno.

I'd like to see a Trick Room version of this, but that would be pretty overpowered. In fact, this might be a bit overpowered as is. Also, using Gravity while Gravity is active should dispel the effects, similar to using Trick Room while Trick Room is active.

If anything, the weather effects could've stood to be like this, too. That way, the metagame wouldn't have been so weather-skewed, either, and people would quit complaining about the overuse of Ninetales and Politoed solely for their weather abilities.

As for your second point, I disagree, flavor-wise. Trick Room reverses the room from having something (normal Speed calculations) to not having that something. Gravity is like the weather moves. It doesn't reverse anything; rather, it just creates (more of) it. It's analogous to saying that using Rain Dance when it's already raining should cancel Rain Dance. While that works mechanically, I just don't see it making sense.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
If anything, the weather effects could've stood to be like this, too. That way, the metagame wouldn't have been so weather-skewed, either, and people would quit complaining about the overuse of Ninetales and Politoed solely for their weather abilities.

Yeah, that's true... Perhaps the Weather abilities could be updated to work like this? It would definitely be a kick in the pants to most Rain and Sand teams, as they'd have to keep their weather starter alive throughout the match even against non-weather teams.

As for your second point, I disagree, flavor-wise. Trick Room reverses the room from having something (normal Speed calculations) to not having that something. Gravity is like the weather moves. It doesn't reverse anything; rather, it just creates (more of) it. It's analogous to saying that using Rain Dance when it's already raining should cancel Rain Dance. While that works mechanically, I just don't see it making sense.

I just kind of wanted it to work like that for balance purposes.

How about a new move that dispels all field effects, including weather, Trick Room, Gravity, etc.? It could have a high chance of failing, or maybe it could be like Rapid Spin, where it's an attack that can be blocked by a Pokemon immune to that attack. Maybe a Psychic typed attack, so Dark types would block it? IMO Dark types need a buff, the only two you see in OU nowadays are Tyranitar (who doesn't overly love his Dark typing, although STAB Pursuit is nice) and occasionally Hydreigon.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Yeah, that's true... Perhaps the Weather abilities could be updated to work like this? It would definitely be a kick in the pants to most Rain and Sand teams, as they'd have to keep their weather starter alive throughout the match even against non-weather teams.

I just feel that for pretty much any team with a mechanical theme (weather, Gravity, Trick Room, etc.) rather than a statistical one (hyper offense, classic stall, etc.), how good it is should be directly related to how much effort one puts into it. Right now, against the right teams, all it takes for rain to get the ball rolling is a turn 0 Politoed, and against those teams, there's no stopping that ball. At least it should take some effort to keep that Politoed alive and on the field if the opposing team isn't going to use weather to counter that rain.

I just kind of wanted it to work like that for balance purposes.

How about a new move that dispels all field effects, including weather, Trick Room, Gravity, etc.? It could have a high chance of failing, or maybe it could be like Rapid Spin, where it's an attack that can be blocked by a Pokemon immune to that attack. Maybe a Psychic typed attack, so Dark types would block it? IMO Dark types need a buff, the only two you see in OU nowadays are Tyranitar (who doesn't overly love his Dark typing, although STAB Pursuit is nice) and occasionally Hydreigon.

The way I see it, Rapid Spin is kind of flawed as it is. There should've been a move that got rid of entry hazards without doing damage, so that people would be more hesitant to use entry hazards as a method to win. If that were to happen, not every team would run "Rapid Spin 2.0", since not every team would use weather in fear of their opponent having "Rapid Spin 2.0".

The same logic would work here. This move shouldn't have to deal damage for it to rid the field of field effects. The obscenely low accuracy drawback wouldn't be needed, either, since once people know that such field and weather effects are so easily eliminated, teams would rely less and less on these field and weather effects. And of course, since less and less teams would be using it, there would be less of a need for every team to run this move.

I would love to hear others' opinions on this.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I just feel that for pretty much any team with a mechanical theme (weather, Gravity, Trick Room, etc.) rather than a statistical one (hyper offense, classic stall, etc.), how good it is should be directly related to how much effort one puts into it. Right now, against the right teams, all it takes for rain to get the ball rolling is a turn 0 Politoed, and against those teams, there's no stopping that ball. At least it should take some effort to keep that Politoed alive and on the field if the opposing team isn't going to use weather to counter that rain.

The way I see it, Rapid Spin is kind of flawed as it is. There should've been a move that got rid of entry hazards without doing damage, so that people would be more hesitant to use entry hazards as a method to win. If that were to happen, not every team would run "Rapid Spin 2.0", since not every team would use weather in fear of their opponent having "Rapid Spin 2.0".

The same logic would work here. This shouldn't have to deal damage for it to rid the field of field effects. The obscenely low accuracy drawback wouldn't be needed, either, since once people know that such field and weather effects are so easily eliminated, teams would rely less and less on these field and weather effects. And of course, since less and less teams would be using it, there would be less of a need for every team to run this move.

You seem to want weather and hazards to be entirely pointless. That wasn't my goal, my intentions were to make a move that would decentralize weather, but not eliminate it altogether as a viable playstyle.

I dunno, maybe we'd be better off if weather was completely gone, but I feel like if it were more balanced and less over-centralized it would be fine.

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko

The same logic would work here. This move shouldn't have to deal damage for it to rid the field of field effects. The obscenely low accuracy drawback wouldn't be needed, either, since once people know that such field and weather effects are so easily eliminated, teams would rely less and less on these field and weather effects. And of course, since less and less teams would be using it, there would be less of a need for every team to run this move.

IMO, Defog should`ve been this. Now that I think about it, it would also actually make sense if defog removed rain from play. But then you`d also need other moves that remove other weathers from play. I`d be great to decentralize hazards (and weathers).

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
You seem to want weather and hazards to be entirely pointless. That wasn't my goal, my intentions were to make a move that would decentralize weather, but not eliminate it altogether as a viable playstyle.

They'd only be entirely pointless if players decided to use "Rapid Spin 2.0" on every single team. If "Rapid Spin 2.0" were used on every single team, then no matter what team a weather team fights against, the weather team's strategy would pretty much be moot.

Not every team right now runs entry hazards, and not every team runs Rapid Spin. Entry hazards would be pointless if and only if every single team out there had a Rapid Spin user. But since not every team has Rapid Spin, entry hazards aren't pointless at all.

I don't know how else to explain it. It's this presumption that not every team uses one, so not every team uses the other that keeps both mechanics in each case viable and necessary.

I dunno, maybe we'd be better off if weather was completely gone, but I feel like if it were more balanced and less over-centralized it would be fine.

Among the variety of ways that weather could be balanced, I still believe one of the ways to balance the power difference between weather teams and non-weather teams is to implement more ways to get rid of weather. At least between different weathers, all it takes is a simple switch-out or move use to cancel out one weather and summon another, so there should at least be a move use or a switch out of the same variety used to cancel out all weather.

Since the weather moves are status-based and don't require a Pokémon to be dealt damage, so too should the move that cancels weather entirely. Of course (and I can't stress this enough), it would be distributed at a rate similar to how Rapid Spin is distributed now to avoid literally every single Pokémon having the potential to cancel out weather. Otherwise, pretty much every player would say, "Hey, I have a spare slot for this Pokémon!" or something to that effect, have an excuse to put "Rapid Spin 2.0" onto one of their Pokémon, and make weather pointless.

Field effects, such as Gravity, Tailwind, and Trick Room, however, are a different story. As far as the discussion of over-centralization goes, I think weather takes higher priority than these.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Even if every team had a Rapid Spin user, hazards wouldn't be pointless. Once you KO the Rapid Spin user or block it with a Ghost type, you're free to set all the hazards you want.

... I think I just argued against myself.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Even if every team had a Rapid Spin user, hazards wouldn't be pointless. Once you KO the Rapid Spin user or block it with a Ghost type, you're free to set all the hazards you want.

1) The converse is also true. Once all of a team's entry hazard users are KO'd, the opposing team is free to use Rapid Spin to act as if the entry hazards pretty much never existed. (This is why I'm against using entry hazards as the primary method of winning for a team, but that's a different story.)
2) The same is true for weather and "Rapid Spin 2.0" as well. Once the weather inducer or inducers (Drizzle Politoed, Rain Dance Kingdra, Abomasnow, Ninetales, what have you) of a team are gone, the opposing team is free to use "Rapid Spin 2.0" to get rid of the weather. And of course, once a team's one or two "Rapid Spin 2.0" users are KO'd, the weather team is free to dominate.
3) I'm almost certain that if a player actively knew that every single team that they were up against would have a Rapid Spin user, no exceptions, then I'm pretty sure that player would be extremely discouraged from using entry hazards.

... I think I just argued against myself.

No, not really. What you said is something that's very true. You can't ignore the converse, that's all. :)

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
so8.png

Dimensional Stone
When held by a Pokemon, it increases the duration of the moves Gravity, Trick Room, Wonder Room, and Magic Room by 3.
Basically a weather Rock / Light Clay clone for the other field effects.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
so8.png

Dimensional Stone
When held by a Pokemon, it increases the duration of the moves Gravity, Trick Room, Wonder Room, and Magic Room by 3.
Basically a weather Rock / Light Clay clone for the other field effects.

Especially Trick Room. It always sucks to see what would otherwise be a perfectly viable strategy fail due to the constant need to set it up. :/

I can't speak for Magic and Wonder Room, though, since I've never actually used them.

Status
Not open for further replies.