• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soperman

The One and Only
Just take out Sand Veil, and voila, you can use him in OU like Haxorus, but with STAB Earthquake.

candyson

Ultimate Sceptile
Just take out Sand Veil, and voila, you can use him in OU like Haxorus, but with STAB Earthquake.
chomp would still be uber 108/95/85 defenses is nothing to laugh about especially on an offensive mon; plus 130 atk and 102 speed make it destructive force putting it in a favorable speed tier

take 10 out of each of chandelures defenses and put them in speed
take 20 out of miltanks speed and put ten i def and 10 in sp.def
add 20 to butterfrees hp, def, sp.def; add 40 to its sp.atk; add 15 to its speed
add 15 to beedrills hp, def, sp.def; add 40 to its atk; add 30 to its speed
make earthquake and surf never miss; just because you have sand in your eyes doesn't mean the opponent may be able to avoid an eq or giant wave and more

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
Bronzong's the exception because it had two abilities (Heatproof being the other) before the DW.

I don't see how that could be something that makes it the exception. The point is, Bronzong's existence is proof that Pokémon with Levitate can also have other Abilities as well. Therefore, other Pokémon with Levitate should be allowed to have other Abilities too, whether or not such Abilities are from the Dream World.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I don't see how that could be something that makes it the exception. The point is, Bronzong's existence is proof that Pokémon with Levitate can also have other Abilities as well. Therefore, other Pokémon with Levitate should be allowed to have other Abilities too, whether or not such Abilities are from the Dream World.

It does make sense for that to be an exception. From its existance Bronzong could either Levitate or not. Any other Pokemon with Levitate its only choice is and has been to Levitate. Changing this would be basic facts of these pokemon. Bronzong is the ONLY Pokemon with the ability to levitate or not, so it makes since for it to be an exception and not anything else. Proof that it is an exception also lies within the fact that no Levitating Pokemon has a DW ability, so obv. no.....

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
You are describing the way things are in reality. But this thread is not for discussing the way things are, but rather the way we believe they should be.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Guts now prevents burn and poison damage- Would help make stuff like Conkeldurr and Swellow a bit.
Stone Edge's accuracy is now 90%-Would see a rise in usage
Focus Blasts accuracy is now 85%-this would be nice that people would stop calling it Focus Miss.
Bulk up raises Attack, Defense, and Sp Defense- make Conkeldurr harder to take down.

Um... Are you trying to make conk as broken as possible? It works pretty well as is

Also; nerfing stealth rock may make things seem a little broken (volc) that otherwise arent

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Um... Are you trying to make conk as broken as possible? It works pretty well as is

Also; nerfing stealth rock may make things seem a little broken (volc) that otherwise arent

He was an example, I am pretty sure others would make good usage of Bulk Up.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Tell that to Rotom.

It does make sense for that to be an exception. From its existance Bronzong could either Levitate or not. Any other Pokemon with Levitate its only choice is and has been to Levitate. Changing this would be basic facts of these pokemon. Bronzong is the ONLY Pokemon with the ability to levitate or not, so it makes since for it to be an exception and not anything else. Proof that it is an exception also lies within the fact that no Levitating Pokemon has a DW ability, so obv. no.....

Guess what, last gen no Pokemon had more than two abilities.

Now Pokemon can have three. Times change.

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
Heatproof should make u completely immune to fire. Also, give flareon flare blitz

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Indeed, Rotom, especially its Flying Forme, is another example of a Pokémon with Levitate that deserves a different Dream World Ability.
Hmm....what about Analytic? What ability would suit a household appliance and/or a plasma blob.

Ilan

I don't see why people complain abot rotom-S so much... if rotom didn't had levitate rotom-W rotom-H(specially), rotom-F, and normal rotom would have a ground weakness it is equal for all forms.. so they won't change it fo rotom-S it is the most stupid complain..

If something changes about rotom I would like a new form an electric/steel form it would be awesome (except the special move which will probably be flash cannon)

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Has anybody of you used you in game pokemon against the competitively ready trained Elites of Online? If you do, you lost a lot .... Right? Just only get a win through coincidence, luck, once in a blue moon, the enemy is also like a rookie like you, or that the enemy rage quitted when your untrained pokemon defeats 5 of his Competitively EV trained pokemon.

Well that's not fair for the people who are being abused by the bragging competitive player. From experience, in Pokemon Wifi, I was using a Simipour, Serperior, and Cinccino to beat somebody's EV trained pokemon. And that challenger of mine was a 4 star trainer (I am 0 stars). My team was my in game team, all of them are NOT EFFORT VALUED at all. It's just sheer training and passion. Just as I was at the last pokemon, he quits. So my idea came to this. This is a tier for trainers who are not using pokemon online found only in the Wifi Realm of Pokemon. Or for trainers entereing the competitive field for the first time.

There should be a tier called

'Rookies IN Game Tier'.

Rules:
-The rankings of NU, UU, RU, OU, Middle cup, Borderline, and Little cup are still applied.
- You are only allowed to use the pokemon team you used on your first victory in the Hall of Fame.
- EVS must not be specifically polished or trained during it's usage. (that means, every poke fights as many random pokemon as possible rather than EV training your pokemon. Which is what most rookies in pokemon do.)
- Your pokemon's nature will be kept intact regardless to where you caught it in game (e.g. Had a modest Conkeldurr during your first win at the hall of fame? You're forced to use it! Not your Adamant one. Grin.).
- Any items can be held.
- movesets can be set up like ones in competitive PO or Wifi (This is the only exception in competitive gameplay). Any player caught with hacked moves or any non-learn able move will automatically be defeated
- Pokemon with hidden abilities (Dream world Abilities) are not allowed whether found on the wilds of BW2 or got on the internet using Pokemon Dream World ("Sand Force Hippowdon and Hippopotas", and "Soundproof Abomasnow and Snover" are the exceptions). Any pokemon with dream world abilities (Minus "Sand Force Hippowdon and Hippopotas", and "Soundproof Abomasnow and Snover") used on the battlefield are automatically defeated upon entering the battlefield.
- Any Pokemon with base stats of 580 and above are forbidden. Which are the following.

a. Every Legendary and every Legendary forme (Including Phione)
b. Dragonite (Should be Uber. DON'T RESIDE IN OU! It hurts for the weaker base stat pokes. Show some pity.)
c. Salamence (same as Dragonite)
d. Garchomp
e. Hydreigon (Same as Dragonite. Put the Blame on Dennis!)
f. Tyranitar (Same as Dragonite)
g. Slaking (Same as Dragonite. but gosh, what a shock drop you got. but still, you Should be Uber)
h. Metagross (Same as Dragonite)
i. All of the Rotom Formes (Some claim it as Pseudo legendary/legendary. Others don't. But I think it has the right to be there in UBERS. So, goodbye Wash Rotom. Hope you're ready to face JUDGEMENT!!!)

(Buh bye imposters of OU!)

- This game realm is a hazard free field. Which means spikes, toxic spikes, and stealth rocks are banned. Other status moves are alright to use here (e.g. Toxic, Thunder Wave, Spore, Will o Wisp, etc...)
-Auto weather summon is banned (Drizzle, Drought, Sandstram. But manual weather summoning moves (Sunny Day, Rain Dance, sandstorm, Hail) will be the replacements of the weather abilities. Still sticking to Politoed but Drizzle is banned, just teach it rain dance.

Mwahaaha. Revenge of the rookies come to thought. But all of this was a suggestive idea. Like ... give rookies a fighting chance to shine and evolve to possibly become involved with the competitive field. Just see this tier a competitive school in a pokemon game

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
^the only problem with that is that you're not taking into account the fact that some Pokemon outright suck. Simipour, Cinccino, etc, are in low tiers because they can't regularly stack up to the threats above them.

No hazards? No weather? Like it or not, these are some of the staples of OU play. Hell, hazards help keep some Pokemon from jumping to a different tier! Weather being started automatically was an enormous game-changer. But it's effective. It's brouhg tsome out inot the light of day once more, and pushed others into the darkness. Simply getting rid of these things just wouldn't be right.

There are better ways to introduce someone into competitive battling. Most of them inovlve not removing the things they should learn how to take advantage of.

Vandslaux

Sorry, but you just took Rotom-W (best Mamoswine counter in the game imo), weather, and 580+ pokemon out of OU. These things and pokemon are staples of OU (ok, not Slaking and certain Rotom forms)

Not that there's anything wrong with custom rules and such, but this hypothetical tier just seems like an attempt to remove a huge portion of the competitive aspect of the game. At this point, it's not even competitive Pokemon anymore. It really doesn't seem right either to try to make it seem unfair that competitive players try their best to win. The more successful players shouldn't have to slack off to give more casual players a better chance. There are also a couple of unverifiable rules that are all-but impossible to enforce. For example, how do you know that a Pokemon someone is using was in their first Hall of Fame team? And what if someone caught a specific natured Pokemon and specifically EV trained it along the way through the game? That would be an in-game Pokemon, but it would also be specifically EV trained, so would it be disqualified or not?

Honestly, it's just overcomplicated and hardly effective of a ruleset.

Status
Not open for further replies.